Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Another for the Cassel haters......

Default Another for the Cassel haters......

It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I have to agree with this. Our offense is built around Cassel. If we were to get rid of him we would have to start all over. No matterr what, we are a much improved team and because of the way we started the season we are exspecting alot. As time goes on I hope to see an emprovement from a number of players including Cassel. We need to get DMC back into the mix. Charles need to get healthy. the game against the donks will be a must win game. Clearly the Raiders played a better game tho I HATE saying that. The raiders and the Chargers are on the rise and there is no mistaking that. This is the time we MUST start getting better. With the Chargers and the Raiders on there bye week we can stay ahead in the west standings. This could be an all out war in our division!
    I agree with you except for the part where the Raiders clearly played better. They clearly played much worse and the Chiefs beat themselves. I have seen enough talking heads falling all over themselves praising the raiders, but 20 penalties, 67 yards in the first half. We should have been up 20-0 in the first half. A kick return and some lucky plays kept them in it.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I finally got to see the whole game on the NFL shortcut. Add in another 3rd down drop. On the Chiefs 2nd series, on a 3rd and 8, Cassel throws a perfect ball to a crossing Charles for an easy first down and he dropped it.

That makes four 3rd down drops. Two of which were absolute gimmees. The one to Bowe wasn't a gimmee but was not an unroutine catch. To me it seemed the ball came in low because Bowe got caught up hand fighting with the DB and was late turning towards the ball. The last drop is the 3rd and 1 throw to Moeaki, which would have been a great catch had he made it.

Overall, in watching the shortcut, it was clear the Cassel did not cost us this game. Five things did:

1) An inability to mount a consistant run game with Jones.
    2) Three non-conversions on 3rd and one.
    3) Dropped passes.
    4) Penalties
    5) Poor secondary play in the 2nd half.

On one upside, we suddenly seem to be getting consistant pass rush out of someone other than Hali.

In my mind, Cassel was the reason we were in this game, not the reason why we lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I finally got to see the whole game on the NFL shortcut. Add in another 3rd down drop. On the Chiefs 2nd series, on a 3rd and 8, Cassel throws a perfect ball to a crossing Charles for an easy first down and he dropped it.

That makes four 3rd down drops. Two of which were absolute gimmees. The one to Bowe wasn't a gimmee but was not an unroutine catch. To me it seemed the ball came in low because Bowe got caught up hand fighting with the DB and was late turning towards the ball. The last drop is the 3rd and 1 throw to Moeaki, which would have been a great catch had he made it.

Overall, in watching the shortcut, it was clear the Cassel did not cost us this game. Five things did:

3) Dropped passes.
    4) Penalties

On one upside, we suddenly seem to be getting consistant pass rush out of someone other than Hali.

In my mind, Cassel was the reason we were in this game, not the reason why we lost it.
    Yep I watched again last night and saw this too. Cassel is only as good as the people around him. That said, I think it's safe to say we have a QB capable of getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post

3) Dropped passes.
    4) Penalties

agree Sure Cassel made mistakes in that game but he also made plays that made up for those mistakes. And on the play were we had a chance to put the game on ice and walk out with the W he did his part. Cassel is not one to put that L on

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223