Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Another for the Cassel haters......

Default Another for the Cassel haters......

It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Why should we as fans give a crap about how much he's paid? For one it's an uncapped year, so no effect there. Secondly, the Chiefs have been well under the cap the last few years.

Player salaries I could care less about: 5-2, now that's something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Why should we as fans give a crap about how much he's paid? For one it's an uncapped year, so no effect there. Secondly, the Chiefs have been well under the cap the last few years.

Player salaries I could care less about: 5-2, now that's something to talk about.
    I agree with you it does not matter what he makes as long as we are not jettesing players because of what we are paing him and we are not as we are still unde the cap and he has lead us to a 5-2 record which is more games than we won in the last 3 years in 16 games.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    Our defense played great! Our running game was amazing! We won!

Cassel didn't have a bad game but I'm stunned that this game would be held up as an example of why we should all fall in love with Cassel. Cassel still needs to improve ... a lot.

I supported Cassel last year. However, this year he has more protection ... he has a good running game. Like everyone else here, I want us to win a Superbowl! Unless Cassel improves, he's not the guy that will take us there.

Am I satisfied with Cassel's play? No. On the other hand I understand that he is a young (in playing time) QB and is improving. IMO he is one good WR away from being a lot better.
    Another point, Cassel is very good at moving the team in the two minute drill or hurry up offense. Like a number of people on this site I hope he grows to be a solid QB for years to come for us. You have to love to love his attitude and work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    In addition to the thread, I agree with almost everything chief31 said.

He's earning his paycheck, maybe he does deserve a raise?

He hasn't played great, but he's done the job of a Quarterback. I guess we get rid of the guys who don't do their job correctly? I'm not a business major but I think you keep the guys who make your product good.

I've been critical of him at times, but the Win-Loss column does not lie.
    How is he earning his paycheck? He is among the top earning qb's and is
    doing nothing spectacular? If our running game wasn't so dominant, and all we did was rely on his arm I'm not sure we would have won a game. Everyone brags on how Cassel has only thrown 3 interceptions like he's some kind of god. The reason his pay comes into play is we could have gotten a better qb for the price. Peyton Manning has only thrown 2 int and has thrown for almost twice the amount of yards. Now I know theres no way we could have gotten Peyton. But lets look at a rookie, like Josh Freeman he has thrown more yards, has a higher completion rate, still only has 3 interceptions, and he plays on a horrible team and its his first year in the league. I got another guy he doesn't play anymore but in 2006 he started 8 games only one more then Matt has started right now in those 8 games he threw for 700 more yards then Matt, completed 2% more of his passes, only had one interception to 11 td's, and he was a career backup. Any guesses? I'll give it to you Damon Huard. Now I liked Damon but if he was making almost as much as peyton manning people would have been shocked. Yet in my opinon Matt is not as good as Huard and gets paid like Peyton. Huard was a master game manager maybe one day cassel will be on that level but game managers should not get paid like game MVP's. Guys that go out there and throw the ball 50 times in a game for 4+ td's and win the game for the team. Nothing wrong with subway but if they tried to charge me 50 bucks for a cold cut I'm gonna laugh because for that price I can get a big juicy filet.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    doing nothing spectacular? If our running game wasn't so dominant, and all we did was rely on his arm I'm not sure we would have won a game. Everyone brags on how Cassel has only thrown 3 interceptions like he's some kind of god. The reason his pay comes into play is we could have gotten a better qb for the price. Peyton Manning has only thrown 2 int and has thrown for almost twice the amount of yards. Now I know theres no way we could have gotten Peyton. But lets look at a rookie, like Josh Freeman he has thrown more yards, has a higher completion rate, still only has 3 interceptions, and he plays on a horrible team and its his first year in the league. I got another guy he doesn't play anymore but in 2006 he started 8 games only one more then Matt has started right now in those 8 games he threw for 700 more yards then Matt, completed 2% more of his passes, only had one interception to 11 td's, and he was a career backup. Any guesses? I'll give it to you Damon Huard. Now I liked Damon but if he was making almost as much as peyton manning people would have been shocked. Yet in my opinon Matt is not as good as Huard and gets paid like Peyton. Huard was a master game manager maybe one day cassel will be on that level but game managers should not get paid like game MVP's. Guys that go out there and throw the ball 50 times in a game for 4+ td's and win the game for the team. Nothing wrong with subway but if they tried to charge me 50 bucks for a cold cut I'm gonna laugh because for that price I can get a big juicy filet.

ummm nothing spectacular even Mushmouth we said we are the treat of the season and he hates us, or used to. we were picked to finish dead last in the AFC West by almost everybody. The West is ours to lose that's pretty spectacular considering we won a total of 6 games the last 2 years or 10 the last 3. Considering that we can achieve a probable 10 win season this year that looks pretty spectacular to me.

The qb wins and gets chastised I would hate to hear it when he loses.

Considering this game never should have gone to OT, we moved the ball regardless of how accurate he is or isn't. The man is tough stands tall in the pocket and IMO,is getting better every week.

Peyton is peyton and Josh Freeman was a first round draft choice that hasn't met expectations until this year and the NFC sucks so its hard to say that he is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I'll just say two things.. He's earning his paycheck when you look at our win-loss column, and he's not directly losing us games

Also, this is Josh Freeman's second year in the league. Nice try.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    ummm nothing spectacular even Mushmouth we said we are the treat of the season and he hates us, or used to. we were picked to finish dead last in the AFC West by almost everybody. The West is ours to lose that's pretty spectacular considering we won a total of 6 games the last 2 years or 10 the last 3. Considering that we can achieve a probable 10 win season this year that looks pretty spectacular to me.

1) The qb wins and gets chastised I would hate to hear it when he loses.

2) Considering this game never should have gone to OT, we moved the ball regardless of how accurate he is or isn't. The man is tough stands tall in the pocket and IMO,is getting better every week.

3) Peyton is peyton and Josh Freeman was a first round draft choice that hasn't met expectations until this year and the NFC sucks so its hard to say that he is awesome.
    1) Cassel did not win the game for us, if you wanna give someone credit give credit to our line for opening holes and our rb duo. Cassel made a couple good play and couple bad plays, but I'm not chastising him. There is a middle ground between good and bad and that's where matt falls. He is averaging 25 attempts per game, that's hardly anything, but that's a smart coaching decision considering the type of qb matt is. Matt is good at being told what to do, he doesn't come out read the defense and make great throws, in fact sometimes he sticks with wr's even when they are not open which is annoying but I think he can get passed that.

2) Your right if Matt would have thrown more TD's we wouldn't have went to OT. Is it all his fault? Absolutely not, but you act as if moving the ball was all because of him Mat only threw for 155 yards just Jamaal Charles by himself ran for 177 yards. Our running game won us the game. Your right Matt is a tough guy no doubt and I'm not dogging the man, but this is a sports it's not personal you assess someones talent level.

3) Peyton is Peyton? what the hell does that even mean. Is he some how exempt from any kind of comparison. Matt Cassel makes 12m a year peyton makes 15 and yet you won't even compare the two when they make nearly the same salary. Josh Freeman has two years in the league and only started half a season and he is a better qb then Cassel. Your right he was drafted in the first round number 17 overall which makes him very cheap around 1.5 million a year in salary. I'm not dogging on Matt, and I think he can be good as system qb that throws the ball half what good qb does, but a player like that is not worth 12 million a year. When Matt starts throwing the ball 40 plus times a game and has 4k years with 30 td's then he's worth the money.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 11-01-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I'll just say two things.. He's earning his paycheck when you look at our win-loss column, and he's not directly losing us games

Also, this is Josh Freeman's second year in the league. Nice try.
    Sorry I was doing Cassel math you know how he's been in the league 6 years but everyone is like he's so young when he's 28 and this is only his 3rd year my bad. The win loss column how many of those games would he have won if we had LJ starting instead of JC?

Fig, apparently we're not allowed to want or expect an elite QB but we're on track to be a consistent playoff threat/SB contender all the same(although the one thing that the dominant teams have in common is an elite QB). We're going to be the exception though.

END OF STORY!!!!1ONE!

Thanks Aussie!

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast