Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Another for the Cassel haters......

Default Another for the Cassel haters......

It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    You keep saying if, but what if Cassel was more efficient on 3rd down earlier in the game? Then it wouldnt have come down that play. If hes more efficient we could have went up 17-0 before halftime, instead of giving them the pick and the momentum before half. We can play the if game with everything, but the fact that the game was still even up in the air at that point was a sign we couldnt execute when we needed to.

Even with all of our penalties, we were still given opportunities we shouldnt have been given thanks to the refs, and we couldnt capitalize on those either. Im sorry, but theres nothing you can say to defend his numbers on 3rd down today. Between Haley, Weis, Bowe, Cassel, and our o-line, there is more than enough blame to go around. Yes, even for Cassel
    There is a difference between refs not calling penalties that didn't happen, or Bowe making a catch, in the open, that went between his hands, and playing better than what was needed.

When the game was going to be over with just one more pass completion, Cassel succeeded, and Bowe made sure that that success wasn't good enough.

Cassel did not take a TD off the board for The Chiefs. Nor did he fail at completing an easy pass to win the game. (Third down, mind you.)

Ya know, Charles rushed for 177 yards last week. But, if he had not been tackled for a measly two yards on that one carry, and taken it for a TD, we wouldn't have had to go to OT to win.

For that matter, I saw him rush for a three yard gain on a play today. How dare he not do better than that?

Suggesting that a player could have done better, even if he did very well, and won this game, is easy. But that works for just about every player on the field.

And singling out Cassel just shows a continued bias against him.

Cassel did well today. More than enough to win this game.

I have stated, that there are certain players, that this is the year they make or break, one took a big step backwords today. It is this, who cares what you did last game, or the game before. It is what do you do every game. We will see how the rest of the season goes, but in the NFL, you can not be a one highlight play per game player. You must be consistent! Every play, every game. That is what makes you, in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I have stated, that there are certain players, that this is the year they make or break, one took a big step backwords today. It is this, who cares what you did last game, or the game before. It is what do you do every game. We will see how the rest of the season goes, but in the NFL, you can not be a one highlight play per game player. You must be consistent! Every play, every game. That is what makes you, in the NFL.
    Yup! NFL Means Not For Long when you cannot be consistent.

So when Bowe drops one pass he loses the game for us, but when Cassel throws a bad passes all game, especially on 3rd downs, its not his fault? It works both ways you know. The Game could have been over alot sooner had Cassel played better, but you dont get that because that would mean admitting that Cassel made mistakes. You keep blaming the entire game on that one drop.

You keep saying he succeeded, but he was 2-15 on third down! How is that success? I cant believe we went 2-15 on 3rd downs and your blaming this entire thing on Bowe? Im not just blaming Cassel, everyone contibuted to this loss, I dont know how you couldnt see that, but for you to sit here and say Cassel played well today, and call me biased is funny. lol Your the one saying he gets zero blame for this loss with those awful 3rd down numbers an im the biased one?

So when Bowe drops one pass he loses the game for us, but when Cassel throws a bad passes all game, especially on 3rd downs, its not his fault? It works both ways you know. The Game could have been over alot sooner had Cassel played better, but you dont get that because that would mean admitting that Cassel made mistakes. You keep blaming the entire game on that one drop.

You keep saying he succeeded, but he was 2-15 on third down! How is that success? I cant believe we went 2-15 on 3rd downs and your blaming this entire thing on Bowe? Im not just blaming Cassel, everyone contibuted to this loss, I dont know how you couldnt see that, but for you to sit here and say Cassel played well today, and call me biased is funny. lol Your the one saying he gets zero blame for this loss with those awful 3rd down numbers an im the biased one?

I myself do think Cassel played well today. he went 20 for 35 216 yards 2tds 1int. Yes that INT did hurt But I think he played well. The 3rd downs are not all Cassels fault either. The WRs have to get open. The O line HAS to protect better then they did today. There were a few times Cassel scrambled and made something out of nothing. That does not get overlooked. Did he miss throws of course EVERY NFL QB does EVERY week. Peyton Manning overthrows WRS all the time. The diffrance is he has always had Marvion Harrison or Reggie waynes to go up get the football then he gets all the credit. Cassle does not have that. The bowe droped hurt more then anything that Cassle did because that would have ment Oakland NEVER got the ball back.

Yes he is part of it. I do say he is part of the reason we lost because he is a member of the chiefs and the Chiefs lost this game. But if we win that game I don't think that there is as much Anti Cassle talk. Cassle is playing well for what he is being asked to do.In the NFL the qb gets to much praise when your winning and to much blame when you lose.

we had one citical drop in this game, and were still blaming that? Yes the o-line got pushed around, yes Bowe dropped one pass, sure the play calling was questionable again, but we were 3-15 on third down. None of that excuses our lack of execution. There were still plenty of times where we had good pass potection. And your right about Manning missing passes, everyone does, but he is nowhere near the bottom of the barrel in 3rd down completion % like Cassel is. Thats the difference, and its a big difference.

As I said, the fact that the game was even still up in the air when Bowe dropped the pass speaks stongly of how poorly we played. We had the ball for 33 minutes an if Cassel had played well enough to win that game, we would have.
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 11-08-2010 at 01:54 AM.

we had one citical drop in this game, and were still blaming that? Yes the o-line got pushed around, yes Bowe dropped one pass, sure the play calling was questionable again, but we were 3-15 on third down. None of that excuses our lack of execution. There were still plenty of times where we had good pass potection. And your right about Manning missing passes, everyone does, but he is nowhere near the bottom of the barrel in 3rd down completion % like Cassel is. Thats the difference, and its a big difference.

As I said, the fact that the game was even still up in the air when Bowe dropped the pass speaks stongly of how poorly we played. We had the ball for 33 minutes an if Cassel had played well enough to win that game, we would have.
    And if the receivers got open and/or catch the ball, that percentage goes up. And its not like Cassel threw the ball all 15 times either.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

You could say that about anyone, though. If Bowe had played well enough, if Jones had played well enough, if McGraw doesn't drop 2 more INT's, etc. I don't think we can say that he is the "weak link" when this team has basically two receivers, Dwayne Bowe and Tony Moeaki right now. I mean Terrance Copper is getting tons of looks. Anyone notice that the Chiefs were regularly using Moeaki as a WR throughout the game? That shows what the Weis and company must think of their options at receiver. In spite of that, if Cassel were to replicate his numbers in the 2nd half of the season, he would wind up with 428 attempts, 250 completions, for 2824 yards, 24 touchdowns, 8 interceptions and a QB rating of 89.2. You can argue any way you want but that isn't bad.

Cassel has not been good on 3rd down this season, that is true (I'd love to know what his actual 3rd down rating is if anyone knows where that stat is at). But I know two years ago with NE he had the best 3rd down rating in the NFL with like 108.9. I think some of it is that we have a tendency to generally run more on 3rd and less than 6 (more makeable 3rd downs) than other teams, so his numbers are a little skewed.

Having said that, my take on Cassel is that he is a good decision maker (still a 1.9% interception percentage), a tough competitor but - unfortunately - not the most accurate passer. A fact that isn't helped by the fact that we don't have receivers with best hands, either. My hope is that he develops into a Donovan McNabb type (who has overcome accuracy problems throughout is career).
    Last edited by wilqb16; 11-08-2010 at 02:11 AM.

This was a tough loss just for the fact that we could've been 6-2 with another division win vs our closest rival. Now the division is up in the air. We need this win in Denver badly - as faiders have bye then go to Pittsburg.
    Cassel is a decent qb - but needs a lot of help around him to succeed. We knew our OL was suspect when this season began. And I say bench Bowe and Chambers and and start McCluster and Copper, maybe bring in Horne off the practice squad. Teams are gonna hone in on our running game for the rest of the year - we need to get our passing game working.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This was a tough loss just for the fact that we could've been 6-2 with another division win vs our closest rival. Now the division is up in the air. We need this win in Denver badly - as faiders have bye then go to Pittsburg.
    Cassel is a decent qb - but needs a lot of help around him to succeed. We knew our OL was suspect when this season began. And I say bench Bowe and Chambers and and start McCluster and Copper, maybe bring in Horne off the practice squad. Teams are gonna hone in on our running game for the rest of the year - we need to get our passing game working.
    Lol the passing game isn't gonna magically start working by benching our best options at WR. McCluster is a slot guy. He's not big enough to kind up wide with big physical corners. And Horne was cut like 4-5 weeks ago.