Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Another for the Cassel haters......

Default Another for the Cassel haters......

It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    Look - I like Cassel. I want him to do well. I just want him to do better.

... and although I agree with the statement above and I think it's completely reasonable, those WHO ARE wildly in favor of Cassel's performance so far are setting a double standard.

On the one hand you ask us to just look how he has led us in the win column (Cassel being considered the essential reason we have a good record.) and on the other hand we should not blame Cassel for any poor team performance indicators. If he gets credit for it all he also will need to take blame for it all.

The "You Must not Complain about Cassel Camp" needs to make up it's mind on which argument you want to make, because they are contradictory.
    I'm not sure I have read one post that intimates anyone being "wildly in favor" of how Cassel is playing. However, I have read posts with people being satisfied with the way he is playing. Look, he is leading or near the top of one statistic that more than any other wins or loses games. Turnovers. He has the least or next to the least amount of INT's in the league. There are so many QB's that go out there and lose games for their teams simply because they turn the ball over. This can not be overlooked. 300 yds a game and 3 INT's does not impress me nor will it win too many games. He has done enough on more than one occasion to lead this team to victory. There have also been times when he has not played well enough for the team to win. He has also had times where his receivers let him down and dropped balls that could have resulted in points.

Bottom line is that this kid has played well enough to have this team leading the division which has not been seen in many years now. If you don't think he gets some of the blame for the losses than I'm not sure you've read all the posts KILLING him and the way he is playing. Checkdown Charlie has this offense "running" at a very high level. When a team has either a GREAT running game or a great passing game, it's ok to have a mediocre opposite game. Not too many teams have led the league in passing AND rushing the last time I checked. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall any. Our league leading rushing attack and for the most part our good defense has gotten us this far. A play here and a play there and we would have 2 more wins and be the talk of the NFL. I'm fine with Cassel playing how he has. A play here and there could have been better for sure but I'm not sure there is a player in the game that this can't be said about.

So just because we are winning, we should ignore the bad play from our QB?

He was missing a wide open Charles by 5 or 6 yards, throwing 5 yard passes at the feet of our receivers on 3rd and 1, and delivering the ball late to Bowe, when it should have been a TD...even Haley was quoted telling him that he should have thrown that ball earlier. And lucky for us we also had a bills defender drop an interception

Last year everyone blamed the o-line, but now we have one of the highest rated lines in the league, an we can only blame the receivers for so long. Especially with Weis' dink and dunk system where we utilze the RBs and TEs more often than the WRs. Maybe once Cassel shows he can convert a third down every now an then, we will stop tying to run on 3rd and 4 all the time.

This is a huge game for Cassel. I think his play will either make or brake us this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post

He was missing a wide open Charles by 5 or 6 yards, throwing 5 yard passes at the feet of our receivers on 3rd and 1, and delivering the ball late to Bowe, when it should have been a TD...even Haley was quoted telling him that he should have thrown that ball earlier. And lucky for us we also had a bills defender drop an interception

Last year everyone blamed the o-line, but now we have one of the highest rated lines in the league, an we can only blame the receivers for so long. Especially with Weis' dink and dunk system where we utilze the RBs and TEs more often than the WRs. Maybe once Cassel shows he can convert a third down every now an then, we will stop tying to run on 3rd and 4 all the time.

This is a huge game for Cassel. I think his play will either make or brake us this week.

Cassel was late on that throw to bowe I will admit But D bowe or any true number 1 Wr catches that football. Or at least he should. I have not been one that said Cassel has played great. Fact is he hasn't. But I do think we are not giveing him enough credit when it's due. And I do think that there is far to much blame going on Matt Cassel.

I don't no about anyone eles but I have seen some improvement out of Cassel from a year ago. Simply put if that game sunday happend a year ago we lose. Matt Cassel on the last drive lead this team down the field to score. It was not done with the running game as time was running out. It's a shame that we are talking about the bad much more then that. I do want him to get better. And I think he will. But I don't think he is playing badly. He is playing avarge IMO. And with our running game average is ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I'm not sure I have read one post that intimates anyone being "wildly in favor" of how Cassel is playing. However, I have read posts with people being satisfied with the way he is playing. Look, he is leading or near the top of one statistic that more than any other wins or loses games. Turnovers. He has the least or next to the least amount of INT's in the league. There are so many QB's that go out there and lose games for their teams simply because they turn the ball over. This can not be overlooked. 300 yds a game and 3 INT's does not impress me nor will it win too many games. He has done enough on more than one occasion to lead this team to victory. There have also been times when he has not played well enough for the team to win. He has also had times where his receivers let him down and dropped balls that could have resulted in points.

Bottom line is that this kid has played well enough to have this team leading the division which has not been seen in many years now. If you don't think he gets some of the blame for the losses than I'm not sure you've read all the posts KILLING him and the way he is playing. Checkdown Charlie has this offense "running" at a very high level. When a team has either a GREAT running game or a great passing game, it's ok to have a mediocre opposite game. Not too many teams have led the league in passing AND rushing the last time I checked. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall any. Our league leading rushing attack and for the most part our good defense has gotten us this far. A play here and a play there and we would have 2 more wins and be the talk of the NFL. I'm fine with Cassel playing how he has. A play here and there could have been better for sure but I'm not sure there is a player in the game that this can't be said about.
    OK -I can't argue with the vast majority of that. I'll shut up now.

I want to see Cassel prove my critique 100% wrong and KILL the team (I won't sully this page with their name) we're playing on Sunday. No amount of point differential is too great! I HATE them!

Look - I like Cassel. I want him to do well. I just want him to do better.

... and although I agree with the statement above and I think it's completely reasonable, those WHO ARE wildly in favor of Cassel's performance so far are setting a double standard.

On the one hand you ask us to just look how he has led us in the win column (Cassel being considered the essential reason we have a good record.) and on the other hand we should not blame Cassel for any poor team performance indicators. If he gets credit for it all he also will need to take blame for it all.

The "You Must not Complain about Cassel Camp" needs to make up it's mind on which argument you want to make, because they are contradictory.
    I make the argument that, aside from wins/losses, he has been doing a fabulous job on the field.

9 TDs and 1 INT over five games is very impressive results.

This, considering how he played last year, is an amazing transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I'm not sure I have read one post that intimates anyone being "wildly in favor" of how Cassel is playing.
    That would be me.

I think many are guilty of seeing every pass that Cassel makes, and only the highlights of other QBs.

Because every QB in The NFL has some missed opportunities in every single game.

There has not been much "bad play from our QB" to ignore. No more than about any top QB in the league.

I think people are absolutley reaching for things to complain about with Cassel.

Because, throwing 9 TDs and 1 INT through our last five games doesn't really leave much room for complaint.

I have said it many times....

If he continues to produce like that, assuming the running game doesn't go AWOL, then all complaints will be silenced.

If he doesn't, then it will make sense to criticize him.

If all you look at is TD/int numbers, than hes not doing bad. But if you look at his numbers on 3rd down, where a QBs numbers matter the most, they are among the worst in the league. Barely 50% completition He is also ranked 24th out 32 in downfieldd passing. Not very impressive

I won't disagree with you Coni :-)

Off subject...the train in your sig reminds me of one that use to be on display in Atchison, KS...where I raised my kids, and they consider it their hometown. 'Atchison, Topeka, and Sante Fe' Railroad. I can't read the front of the engine...does it say Sante Fe?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Off subject...the train in your sig reminds me of one that use to be on display in Atchison, KS...where I raised my kids, and they consider it their hometown. 'Atchison, Topeka, and Sante Fe' Railroad. I can't read the front of the engine...does it say Sante Fe?
    Yup - it's a Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Super Chief.

Amazing isn't it?

I gotta try to make another Chiefs game this year. Two is not enough!

Yup - it's a Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Super Chief.

Amazing isn't it?

I gotta try to make another Chiefs game this year. Two is not enough!
    Yep!! It is amazing! They moved the historical one very similar to the one in your pic, from where it sat on display for years in Atchison. They restored the old Atchison, Topeka, & Sante Fe Train Depot there, it's on the National Register of Historic Places. There is another train that sits outside on the tracks near the depot now...it's all black.

I love model electric trains. I always wanted one of the outdoor garden trains, but never followed through with my want, haha. I do however, have a Kansas City Chiefs limited edition model train downstairs. It's pretty cool! I designed a glass base which I mounted the pvc track upon, then installed the base around the ceiling soffit's of the area where my pool table sits.

With the glass base viewing the train from below as it runs around the soffit is not obstructed! I'm like a big kid sometimes...I bought a train whistle at Cracker Barrel, and when others are least expecting it I blow the whistle & startle the heck out of them, hahaha. Grandkids think I'm funny, but the grown ups don't always, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

If all you look at is TD/int numbers, than hes not doing bad. But if you look at his numbers on 3rd down, where a QBs numbers matter the most, they are among the worst in the league. Barely 50% completition He is also ranked 24th out 32 in downfieldd passing. Not very impressive
    Sure. Not everything is going perfectly.

But 58.9% is not really what I would call "barely 50%". And, for the past five games, that would be 61.2% (79/129), which could be classified as "barely 60%".

He is not doing as well as could possibly be done.

But he is vastly exceeding what I expected him to be doing through the first half of a season with this offense.

And TD/INTs is the first thing that I hope to see of a QB with a new offense.

To say that there is room for improvement is one thing. And I agree.

But to say that this team can never win the big one with Cassel, considering how well he is adjusting, just seems ridiculous to me.

If he continues to produce, as he has been, and improves on some minor facets of his game, then we have a great QB on our hands.

And, considering how "antsy" he seems to be in certain situations, I imagine that he will improve, as he gets comfortable.

I understand how people were down on him lasts season. But, considering the turnaround that he has made so far, I do not understand being down on him, right now.