Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Another for the Cassel haters......

Default Another for the Cassel haters......

It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sure. Not everything is going perfectly.

But 58.9% is not really what I would call "barely 50%". And, for the past five games, that would be 61.2% (79/129), which could be classified as "barely 60%".

He is not doing as well as could possibly be done.

But he is vastly exceeding what I expected him to be doing through the first half of a season with this offense.

And TD/INTs is the first thing that I hope to see of a QB with a new offense.

To say that there is room for improvement is one thing. And I agree.

But to say that this team can never win the big one with Cassel, considering how well he is adjusting, just seems ridiculous to me.

If he continues to produce, as he has been, and improves on some minor facets of his game, then we have a great QB on our hands.

And, considering how "antsy" he seems to be in certain situations, I imagine that he will improve, as he gets comfortable.

I understand how people were down on him lasts season. But, considering the turnaround that he has made so far, I do not understand being down on him, right now.

Yeah...What he said!

58.9 is his overall completion %. On 3rd down he is only completinng 51.8% of his passes, and thats bottom 5 in the NFL, and he only converted 2/15 against the Bills, one of the worst Ds in the league. The other 2 conversions were runs. 3rd down efficiency is one of the most important numbers for a QB and he is not getting it done there

And were running pretty much the same offense we were running last year, so I dont know how much more time a 6 year pro needs to get comfortable. Oh but its our WRs fault..
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 11-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    58.9 is his overall completion %. On 3rd down he is only completinng 51.8% of his passes, and thats bottom 5 in the NFL, and he only converted 2/15 against the Bills, one of the worst Ds in the league. The other 2 conversions were runs. 3rd down efficiency is one of the most important numbers for a QB and he is not getting it done there

And were running pretty much the same offense we were running last year, so I dont know how much more time a 6 year pro needs to get comfortable. Oh but its our WRs fault..

I don't think that anyone has said that the whole problem is the WRS fault. But on the flip side Cassle is not the entire problem with the offense. It's a combination of things. Its the WRs it's at times the O line and it is at time CASSLES. You can't just blame one person for the whole offense struggles. We don't need just anther qb and our offense will be so much better. Our WRs also need to learn to hold on to the football better. And there are times when the O line can do better. It all comes down to this. Who is out there that will clearly do the job better the Cassle? I don't see anyone that you can realistically say has a real chance to come to KC. I don't really want to start over with a rookie QB. We are 5-2 and in first place. Cassle is not putting up superstar numbers but this is not an offense designed for him to. This offense is asking that he not lose games. And that is something that he has been able to do this season.

Im not advocating for a new QB, tuth is I like Cassel, and its obvious the team does as well, but were fooling ourselves if we think we will be able to win the big games with 3rd down numbers like that.

We run one of the most QB friendly systems there is, and we dont need a gun slinger to run it. Heck, we barely even utilize our WRs in it. And im not only blaming Cassel, I realize we have had dropped passes and things like that, but after what I saw against Buffalo I gave up hope. It was all Cassel. He was overthrowing wide open receivers, throwing late to Bowe in the endzone, throwing 5 yard passes at the feet of a 6'8 TE on 3rd and 1, he even had Buffalo drop a pick, thank God. Against the worst team in the league we left so many points on the board simply because we couldnt move the chains on 3rd down.

How much more time?

Not sure. But more than seven games isn't really asking a whole lot.

This is a guy that most of criticized for not being able to get rid of the ball, and now he is trying to adjust to Weiss' quick-release offense.

Not an easy ajustment to make. And yet he is making our pass-protection look far better than last season.

I still don't see any complaint. Third down could definitely be better. But I think the one down game against The Bills really hurts his average.

And what's with the WRs comment?

I don't blame the WRs for a lack of perfection on Cassel's part. I blame ... logic.

To think, after seven games in this offense, that he needs to be replaced, considering his results, is baffling.

He has done an excellent job so far. And if he does get comfortable soon, then there is far better to come.

Through seven games, considering what I saw last season, I couldn't have dreamed of asking for anything more than what Cassel has given.

But then, I try to keep my expectations in the realm of reality.

And Its not his lack of goddy numbers, because I realize he wont put up those type of numbers when we run for 190 every game, but he needs to put up the numbers where they count the most, and he is not. Normally when a team runs for as much as we do they usually put alot more points on the board. The only reason we havent been, is our trouble converting on 3rd down.

We are in the same system we ran last system, Weis and Haley let us know that when Weis was brought in. They did that for our QB, and they said that they werent changing alot. And whats baffling is that you are crediting Cassel for how well our pass protection has been. Sure he gets some creit because he has been getting rid of the ball faster, but the QB alone does not turn the worst o-line in the league, into one of the best.

Theres 28 other QBs in the league, incluing rookies, that have a better 3rd down completion % than Cassel, and im asking too much of him in that department? :(
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 11-05-2010 at 08:48 PM.

And Its not his lack of goddy numbers, because I realize he wont put up those type of numbers when we run for 190 every game, but he needs to put up the numbers where they count the most, and he is not. Normally when a team runs for as much as we do they usually put alot more points on the board. The only reason we havent been, is our trouble converting on 3rd down.
    Because the 3rd down play calling has been awesome so far this season....................
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Thats an excuse for Cassel only completing 51% of what he is given on 3rd down? that makes no sense. Im sure if he were a little more efficient with what little he was given, Weis would trust him a little more instead of always trying to run it in those situations

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Because the 3rd down play calling has been awesome so far this season....................

We are in the same system we ran last system, Weis and Haley let us know that when Weis was brought in. They did that for our QB, and they said that they werent changing alot. And whats baffling is that you are crediting Cassel for how well our pass protection has been.

Well...

Sure he gets some creit because he has been getting rid of the ball faster,

Wait. How is it baffling, if you did the same thing? I wasn't giving all the credit for it. Just some of it.

but the QB alone does not turn the worst o-line in the league, into one of the best.

Theres 28 other QBs in the league, incluing rookies, that have a better 3rd down completion % than Cassel, and im asking too much of him in that department? :(
    You're asking too much overall. How do those other 28 QBs stand on QB Rating, or TDs/INTs?

You belittle the accomplishments to focus solely on a single deficiency.

You expect him to be excellent in every aspect, so quickly.

No matter what they want to say about using the same style of offense, anyone can plainly see the vast differences in it.

Weiss is very particular about his QBs play. And last season showed nothing of Weiss' influence.

Cassel is seven games deep in this transition. And he is doing extremely well.

You want to condemn the guy? Have a good time with that.

But, with the 11th ranked QB Rating in The NFL, I am going to be happy to see if he can tie up the loose ends this season, or next.