Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Another for the Cassel haters......

Default Another for the Cassel haters......

It was an ugly game, but when it came down to it, the Chiefs won the game BEHIND CASSEL'S ARM. End of story!!!

Now discuss about how he almost blew the game and blah blah blah and forget that he WON the game for the Chiefs.

Ready and GO!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

the fact is that single deficiency is one of the most impotant aspects of qauarterbacking. thats a fact. You cannot become a clucth QB if you cant even convert on third down. I dont expect him to be perfect, but when you run as much as we do, third downs should be that much easier to convert because of all of the single coverage we see and now matter how you spin it, he sucks at it.

You can keep saying hes only been in the system 7 games and hes 28, but there are QBs in their first an 2nd years out there without half the running attack that we have, that are outplaying him on 3rd downs. But since he has a good QB rating overall, its ok to overlook one of the most important stats of good QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    the fact is that single deficiency is one of the most impotant aspects of qauarterbacking. thats a fact. You cannot become a clucth QB if you cant even convert on third down. I dont expect him to be perfect, but when you run as much as we do, third downs should be that much easier to convert because of all of the single coverage we see and now matter how you spin it, he sucks at it.

You can keep saying hes only been in the system 7 games and hes 28, but there are QBs in their first an 2nd years out there without half the running attack that we have, that are outplaying him on 3rd downs. But since he has a good QB rating overall, its ok to overlook one of the most important stats of good QBs.
    Ya know what esle is real important for QBs? TDs. Being able to pass for TDs is probably the most difficult part of being an NFL QB. Except for maybe limiting INTs.

I am thrilled with how he has done so far.

It ain't perfect. But it is awefully damn good.

He has done alot more right this season, than he has done wrong.

And ya better get used to it. Because, the way he is progressing, he is going to be with us for a long time.

Sorry if you have fealt insulted by anything I have said. But I really am baffled by continuing complaints, when he keeps proving that he is the guy.

Who and how many of these QBs you speak of have a better record than the Chiefs?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

G********! this thread won't die!
    Last edited by chief31; 11-06-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    G********! this thread won't die!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Did you see how poorly he executed on 3rd own today? Sure he had the good TD throws, but for the most part he was off. Throwing off of his back foot into double coverage for a pick, throwing 3 staright incompletions near the end of the game, 2 of them where nobody could even attempt to make a play on them going out of bounds, insisting on throwing the long ball to Moeaki on 3rd an 1 instead of checking down...go figue, he missed him, missing Charles wide open in the flat, throwing it to Pope on 3rd and short on our last offensive play when Bowe was wide open...I could re watch the game and break down every bad play from him if you want but it woulnt matter because you going to believe what you want to believe.

We were 2/15 on 3rd down today. That is horrible. And Bowe dropping that pass on 3rd down sucked, but we cant blame the entire game on that. If Cassel executes even a little better than what he was, we have seveal chances to put that game away. There is no excuse for being 2/15 on third down againspot the Raiders defense. Now you can throw out all the excuses you want to defend his 3rd down numbers today...

Today we saw what kind of team we have when we dont run for 200 yards, and it wasnt pretty.

Sorry for bumping this up again, but I dont here alot and didnt want to start up a new one, but this is it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Ya know what esle is real important for QBs? TDs. Being able to pass for TDs is probably the most difficult part of being an NFL QB. Except for maybe limiting INTs.

I am thrilled with how he has done so far.

It ain't perfect. But it is awefully damn good.

He has done alot more right this season, than he has done wrong.

And ya better get used to it. Because, the way he is progressing, he is going to be with us for a long time.

Sorry if you have fealt insulted by anything I have said. But I really am baffled by continuing complaints, when he keeps proving that he is the guy.

Did you see how poorly he executed on 3rd own today? Sure he had the good TD throws, but for the most part he was off. Throwing off of his back foot into double coverage for a pick, throwing 3 staright incompletions near the end of the game, 2 of them where nobody could even attempt to make a play on them going out of bounds, insisting on throwing the long ball to Moeaki on 3rd an 1 instead of checking down...go figue, he missed him, missing Charles wide open in the flat, throwing it to Pope on 3rd and short on our last offensive play when Bowe was wide open...I could re watch the game and break down every bad play from him if you want but it woulnt matter because you going to believe what you want to believe.

We were 2/15 on 3rd down today. That is horrible. And Bowe dropping that pass on 3rd down sucked, but we cant blame the entire game on that. If Cassel executes even a little better than what he was, we have seveal chances to put that game away. There is no excuse for being 2/15 on third down againspot the Raiders defense. Now you can throw out all the excuses you want to defend his 3rd down numbers today...

Today we saw what kind of team we have when we dont run for 200 yards, and it wasnt pretty.

Sorry for bumping this up again, but I dont here alot and didnt want to start up a new one, but this is it for me.

Seriously though.... Cassel played well enough to win this for us. Bowe dropped the game-winner.

If Bowe catches that one pass that went between his hands, the game is over.

I'll still admit that Cassel needs to improve on third down. But he won this game for us.... (If Bowe makes that very simple catch.)

Cassel most certainly didn't cost us this one.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Seriously though.... Cassel played well enough to win this for us. Bowe dropped the game-winner.

If Bowe catches that one pass that went between his hands, the game is over.

I'll still admit that Cassel needs to improve on third down. But he won this game for us.... (If Bowe makes that very simple catch.)

Cassel most certainly didn't cost us this one.

True, Bowe missed the very catch-able pass that would have, more then likely, kept alive the game winning drive.

You keep saying if, but what if Cassel was more efficient on 3rd down earlier in the game? Then it wouldnt have come down that play. If hes more efficient we could have went up 17-0 before halftime, instead of giving them the pick and the momentum before half. We can play the if game with everything, but the fact that the game was still even up in the air at that point was a sign we couldnt execute when we needed to.

Even with all of our penalties, we were still given opportunities we shouldnt have been given thanks to the refs, and we couldnt capitalize on those either. Im sorry, but theres nothing you can say to defend his numbers on 3rd down today. Between Haley, Weis, Bowe, Cassel, and our o-line, there is more than enough blame to go around. Yes, even for Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, Bowe missed the very catch-able pass that would have, more then likely, kept alive the game winning drive.
    Actually, if he had caught that ball, it was going to be The Chiefs downing the ball to kill the remainder of the clock.

No OT. No last-minute hurrahs. Game over. Chiefs win.