Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A realistic look at our team

Default A realistic look at our team

Right now we are a good team. Not great, but good. If we can improve on our pass defense and our passing offense we will be a great team. I have complained a lot about Matt Cassel in the past, mainly because I felt he was a bad option for our team. Not because he's gonna make a lot of mistakes but because he's not gonna make difficult throws. I guess it's none of my bizness what a player makes but I feel he's getting star qb money and playing like an average qb. That's why I haven't been complaining as much, because I'm trying to give him a chance and I'm trying to put his pay aside. As far as what Cassel has had to do he has been a good "manager" he has a crap line which should of gotten addressed in the draft, but it didn't, he only has two decent targets in Moeaki and Bowe and all you gotten do is cover them and no threats on the pass plus Cassel has to get rid of the ball quickly. Our pass defense is getting better because Berry has stepped up as of the last two games and not given up as many TD's as the previous games he has had two int and while I'm glad he's playing better I still would have preffered a big LT named Okung, it's clear Waters is getting older and has lost a step. Before this season started I said if we win 7-8 games I'm happy, right now it looks like we will win 10+ and go to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CastoffCassel View Post
    Dude, are you Cassel's bff or something? I'm just stating what seems to be the weak link in this team. If we had a QB that had more of an understanding of how to handle the pocket, we would be an AFC champ team. I agree with Figcrostic, he pointed out a point that I can clearly see from watching the games as well. You could learn something from him.
    Who do you think you are for just now joining this forum and blasting away at veteran members for voicing their opinion? You have your opinion, we have ours. Do I think Cassel is great? No, but I'm not going to blast people who think he is.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Who do you think you are for just now joining this forum and blasting away at veteran members for voicing their opinion? You have your opinion, we have ours. Do I think Cassel is great? No, but I'm not going to blast people who think he is.

How am I blasting him?? The guy is jumping all over me for stating how I feel about Cassel. So before you go thinking I'm trying to out anyone, why don't you read the posts that led up to that. I decided to join this forum because I wanted to see what other true Chiefs fans think and feel about whats going on. I understand I'm a newb but it doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion. I have in no way made any personal attacks as my posts, I've backed everything I have needed to say with football related statements.

Agree, also this thread is not just about Cassel I brought up other topics.

Watch it, his occupation is "sports television"......

Dude, are you Cassel's bff or something? I'm just stating what seems to be the weak link in this team. If we had a QB that had more of an understanding of how to handle the pocket, we would be an AFC champ team. I agree with Figcrostic, he pointed out a point that I can clearly see from watching the games as well. You could learn something from him.
    People come in here all the time and state the obvious...We need a great QB. Good job. Who do we get then? Do we trade for Peyton Manning? Why not trade for Drew Brees? Hell, that will work.

I'm on the "Develop Cassel into a great QB". The number I use to say it's working this year...89 sacks taken in the last 2 years (he held onto the ball too long) vs. 8 taken this year in 7 games. He is getting better by making quick decisions, something that is very tough to do as an NFL QB. And at the same time, he's not turning the ball over. What more can you ask for out of a developing QB? He continues to get better.

Go take a look at Brady's numbers when he joined the league. Very reminiscent of Cassel's. Charlie Weis is a master at developing NFL caliber QBs...oh yeah, he coached Tom Brady!

Thanks bro, but he's cool. Guy thinks we need to get Peyton Manning and we'd be good...

I don't understand how me saying our team is good enough but all we need is a better QB (never once saying all-pro caliber) to put this team over the edge is in any way bad. I just don't trust Cassel, I watch every game with optimism and hope everything works out and I never give up on a game until the final whistle blows. So get off my back and stop trying to look all high and might on a freak'n message forum.

If I had the answer to what QB we should get and it fixed the problem then I would be working for the Chiefs. AGAIN... I am just stating what I think is the only weak factor to a pretty solid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Watch it, his occupation is "sports television"......

you want an autograph?

I don't understand how me saying our team is good enough but all we need is a better QB (never once saying all-pro caliber) to put this team over the edge is in any way bad. I just don't trust Cassel, I watch every game with optimism and hope everything works out and I never give up on a game until the final whistle blows. So get off my back and stop trying to look all high and might on a freak'n message forum.

If I had the answer to what QB we should get and it fixed the problem then I would be working for the Chiefs. AGAIN... I am just stating what I think is the only weak factor to a pretty solid team.
    Fair enough... I'm done arguing...I just think Cassel is taking steps in the right direction to THE GUY in the long run. And you disagree, that's fine.

There is 1:30 left in the game, you have 60 yards to go for a touchdown and you are down 4 points. You do not have the time to run the ball on every play, even against the worse ruch defense in the league, what do you do?

You lose the game. Cassel is not the QB that can win this game for you. His timing on his passes are bad, his pocket presence is not good, and he stares down his receivers before he throws.

Until these things get better, we do not want to catch ourselves in close games.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast