Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Todd Haley

Default Attention Todd Haley

This is the NFL not Madden Football. Take the 3 points instead of going for it, if you had there would have been no need for OT today.

It was very windy. The goal post were moving big time. You all saw the miss succor had. That thing curved wicked. I watched both kickers in warm ip and Haley was right there with him. Succop struggles a little more than buffalos kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The Chiefs left a lot of points on the board today. DJ should have had a a Pick 6 in the first qtr as an example. Dbowe dropped a TD pass. We should have kicked at least on more field goal. This game shouldn't have ben this close.
    On the pass to Bowe, it looked like the defender was messing with Bowe's arm. I couldn't tell.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I do understand people's frustration with going for it. I would still ask that people stay away from saying things like "OT would have been unnecessary if we had taken the field goal". The entire game would have been altered by that move. You cannot predict what would have happened. Come on, we have all seen "The Butterfly Effect". If Haley had made it, no one would have been complaining, or if they had it would have been very muffled.

I have to admit, I do not mind the philosophical idea of going for it more often on 4th down. I am also a really big fan of making the decision before the very instant it comes up, so you are not doing it on some whim or the hairs on the back of your neck. It is definitely a new school approach.
    Last edited by Isawa_mo; 11-01-2010 at 03:08 AM.

The attempt to make a fourth down conversion in the jags game once we hit the red zone did not bother me as much as the bills game did. During the jags game we were moving the ball at will on them, trying to pick up a yard there seemed likely and we did convert.
    Step forward to the bills game and our runs were not being imposed at will, fourth and three seemed like a long shot to me. I would have been fine with the field goal but Haley felt he could convert. I like that he has enough faith in our offense and supposedly the numbers favored going for it. These are not snap decisions they have this planned out before hand.

Going for it on fourth and 2 and not taking the field goal bothered me until I saw how much the wind affected Succup's miss.
    What really upset me was trhowing the ball to Leanard Pope of all people on third and one, when we're averaging 6 ydc.

Well it's a difference in coaching philosophy then what we're used to. When we have a coach that is not afraid to gamble then the time will come when we'll eventually get burned because of it. I've seen the same thing happen with a coaching philosophy which dictated that we play not to lose rather than playing to win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12