Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chiefs vs Raiders - Predictions

Default Chiefs vs Raiders - Predictions

What do you all think will be the outcome of next weeks game? I'm thinking its going to be kind of low scoring and close. like a 17-14 Chief victory and probably come down to the last play. I know I will be there for this game!

on nfl network last night they did an in depth look at this game, Baldinger diagrammed the CHIEFS defense while Trent Green diagrammed the CHIEFS offense mainly J.Charles runs and the red zone effeciency. Trent & Baldy predicted a CHIEFS victory while the fat guy went w/the raders. really was interesting, both teams got alot of love and all agreed will be a good game

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    gosh, i don't know if my heart can take another close game. i am really hoping for a 35-14 chiefs score, but i think it will be 14-10 game with the chiefs winning by protecting the lead all game.
    I agree. After last week I would mind a nice easy blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    gosh, i don't know if my heart can take another close game. i am really hoping for a 35-14 chiefs score, but i think it will be 14-10 game with the chiefs winning by protecting the lead all game.
    This, I highly doubt, will be the case.

As I was checking out some defensive statistical catergories, I noticed some things that made me feel better about our pass defense, which ranks 23rd in The NFL....

23rd doesn't sound very good, I know. But there are some telling numbers that help give explanation to why we are ranked so poorly, yet successful in the W/L department....

I want to start with passing attempts per game. We rank as the sixth highest in opponents' passing attempts. Meanwhile, The Raiders rank fifth from the bottom.

Doesn't sound like a big deal. But, it translates in our next stat...

The Chiefs are tied for the sixth best in opponents' completion percentage, at 6.5. And The Raiders rank 19th at 7.0 yards per attempt.

Also, with a TD/INT set like 9/6 for KC and 14/4 for Oakland, it would seem that The Chiefs actually make it tougher for opponents to pass efficiently than most teams, in particular, The Raiders.

And that shows in the opponents' QB Rating stats, where The Chiefs rank 12th at 78.2, and The Raiders rank 23rd at 88.0.

While we are allowing a high number of passing yards, two primary factors seem to be in place.... Our opponents have been playing from behind alot, and having to try and pass often. And they simply haven't been very effective in running the ball against us.

The one thing that didn't make me feel any better was that, with the low number of passing attempts made by their opponents, The Raiders' 24 sacks become even more impressive.

Hope we get to run the ball alot, and that our blockers bring their 'A-Game' when they are asked to protect our QB.

To the person that said there not the same old Raiders,well we are not the same old chiefs.They beat a crappy Denver team and Seattle is almost as bad.I'm not saying we are going to win but I think after this game we will know alot about the Faiders.I think we can pull this one of 23-13. 180 yds rushing and I think Cassel is going to supprise use.He will have about 275 yds passing.I feel a big game from him for some reason.If we beat the Faiders Sunday and Houston beats San Diego.The West will almost be ares.Go Chiefs

24-17 Chiefs
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Rival weeks always make me uneasy. You never know what to expect.
    Chiefs 28-14

I dont cvare if we are undefeated and they are winless, this will be a fight.
    I wont be surprised at all if we pass more then run just to mix it up.
    I would like to see a great deal more blitzing while jamming the recievers at the line not giving them the quick slant get out of jail free card.
    I see huge numbers by our ST's and i see us winning turen over margin with 2 picks. hali 3 sacks.

Chiefs 24-17 or a huge blow out either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I dont cvare if we are undefeated and they are winless, this will be a fight.
    I wont be surprised at all if we pass more then run just to mix it up.
    I would like to see a great deal more blitzing while jamming the recievers at the line not giving them the quick slant get out of jail free card.
    I see huge numbers by our ST's and i see us winning turen over margin with 2 picks. hali 3 sacks.

Chiefs 24-17 or a huge blow out either way.
    You thin the chiefs will blow out the raiders? u crazy

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationBabeh View Post
    You thin the chiefs will blow out the raiders? u crazy
    Not only are you a troll you are illiterate!!!

I said we win close game or a blow out..stating you wont win a close game!! wow..drop the bong and your man card!~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345