Thread: Pictures taken at the Chiefs beat Cardinals game

Default Pictures taken at the Chiefs beat Cardinals game

I didn't take photos of the game, the pros do better any way, there are plenty out there, haha. I focused taking pics of my grandson Mikey, who attended the game with me.

Mikey came into my life in 2007, after my daughter & her hubby obtained custody of he and his sister, Madison. He's not a biological grandson like Brennen, but I love him just the same. Mikey is a huge football and Chiefs fan. He's played for his local junior league since 2007. He plays both sides of the ball, and stands out as one of his teams most valued players, rarely taken out of a game for even a break. He hopes someday to play for the Chiefs, a huge dream no doubt. I've told him to do his best keeping school grades up and practicing football, maybe his dream can come true someday...that all we can do is our best so we have no regrets, regardless.

The game this past Sunday was Mikey's first visit to Arrowhead and attending a Chiefs game. He has a birthday soon and I had the opportunity to take him as a birthday gift. We shared a priceless day creating cherished lifetime memories, and even more priceless was hearing Mikey tell his parents upon returning home, "I'm never going to forget this birthday, it was the best I ever had."

We didn't get to tailgate, plans fell through, as Clint wasn't able to locate Seek in the parking lot. Mikey and I did meet up with Clint and his two friends who made the trip to KC from Houston, however. Mikey and I took the opportunity to tour Arrowhead, including the Hall of Honor, so in that aspect not tailgating became a blessing in disguise.

Mikey pointing out 'grandma's' honorary brick laid at Founders Plaza. :)

Rumble drummers:

Warpaint and rider Susie!

Mikey, me, Clint aka Stricken his friends Brian & Justin.

Live band playing inside Arrowhead:

Close up on the big screen of Guns and Roses 'Ashba' playing the Star Spangled Banner on his guitar during the pre-game ceremony on the field below. As an old Rock n Roller...this was an awesome once in a lifetime performance for me to experience!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

This one is my personal favorite!! I just love the expression on Mikey's face, hahaha. :)

Me and fellow Chiefs Crowd member Cardiactgaiter...please read my short story in the Players Lounge forum for how we met and this photo came to be. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

That's awesome that you got a brick! I didn't know they were doing that otherwise I would have bought one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    That's awesome that you got a brick! I didn't know they were doing that otherwise I would have bought one!
    Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I didn't know they were doing it either, but Kelly did. Originally they were selling the bricks for $150.00 each!! Kelly managed to get the brick included in the Season Ticket package he bought. His package included two seats and one honorary brick as a bonus, but he arranged it so we could each have a brick...one brick per seat. I'm very grateful to him for initiating buying the Season Tickets and arranging for me to have my own honorary brick. His brick isn't far from mine, he had his last name put at the top, then his and his kids' first names below.

You might check with Arrowhead Ryan...they may still allow bricks to be purchased and laid at Founders Plaza...I see many blank ones towards the edges of the brick paved area. Maybe they can engrave the blank ones already laid too.

That's a good idea. I'll check!

Excellent pics!

Resident Celebrity

nice. do you mind if i use the picture of the field in my next sig? ive been looking for a good one of arrowhead and that one might work :P
    [<a href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/5363630437_6a0020c9ac.jpg target=_blank>http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/...6a0020c9ac.jpg</a>

No, I don't mind at all, haha. Any photo's I post are sharing in all aspects with fellow Chiefs fans. :)

k thanks, i just wanted to make sure it was ok with you :)
    [<a href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/5363630437_6a0020c9ac.jpg target=_blank>http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/...6a0020c9ac.jpg</a>