Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss Cut! Do we go for him?

Default Randy Moss Cut! Do we go for him?

NFL.com news: Vikings cut Moss less than a month after acquiring WR in trade

its gonna come up here so i mine as well start it.

do we get him?

Is he a cancer? Can Haley keep him tame?

Does Haley/Weiss even want him?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Yes, why not? Give Matt a target. Think about this, it would probably be a really good move as long as his charcter issues are address before he gets here. Sign him to a famous Pioli 1 year contract and if he doesn't work out we can cut it.
    How do you address those character issues? Are you also going to magically make him block for our running backs (like the rest of our WRs do) and maybe come in and crack block LBs?

As tempted as I would be, I think I would pass on Randy Moss.

He bacame disgruntled with Brady and The Pats. Then he didn't seem to inspired playing with Favre.

I have to think that he would have alot of trouble fitting in here as Cassel continues to grow.

If I truly believed that he was going to put fourth a real effort and "roll with the punches", then I would want him.

But I don't.

not interested. Our problem, aside from Bowe, doesnt seem to be catching, it seems to be getting that football on target to be even remotely catchable. We've got a tight end and at least 2 (3 or even 4 if you wanna count DMC or Charles) WR's that can catch a football. I have respect for moss, but im not confident he is a good fit with this club.

If he were to slip into our hands I don't see how he couldn't help. He wouldn't plan on being a distraction, it's just a part of his charm which I myself have hated at times, but in essense he seems to be a good guy for the most part.

He'd help solidify our passing game. Even if he were not to get any catches the opposing defenses would have to take some of their game-planning from our top-rated ground game.

Anyway, I'm sure if we got him many on here wouldn't approve, that much is a given regardless of who or what is discussed.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 11-01-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: derp

I believe that we need strong players with great personal character, Players that believe in the Chiefs, Players that are not just about me, Moss does not fit that profile very well. But you would think, that at some point in his life, he understands that. Todd Haley is a strong personality, and he may well be able to control Randy, I am tempted to say this could be a great move, Bad Moon Risen did at make a lot of great plays and catches for us. Having Moss, opens up a lot of possibility's, but he must know, it is Chiefs First! There is no I in Team! He will have to be a Team Player!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As tempted as I would be, I think I would pass on Randy Moss.

He bacame disgruntled with Brady and The Pats. Then he didn't seem to inspired playing with Favre.

I have to think that he would have alot of trouble fitting in here as Cassel continues to grow.

If I truly believed that he was going to put fourth a real effort and "roll with the punches", then I would want him.

But I don't.
    I agree Moss would be a bandage at best, and he hasn't been playing well this year at all.

I just wanted to share this little tidbit of information I read about Moss that also led to his being dropped by the Vikings. Combine this with him quitting on balls last weekend, I just have no desire to bring him here. It would likely be the same story with the Chiefs. There's a reason that 2 teams have dumped him this year. Lord knows what would happen if the Chiefs decided to take a trip to Oklahoma Joe's!

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss, Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval.

Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said. "Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver: "It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.' You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

This kind of stuff is old hat for Moss, when his true nature isn't otherwise suppressed by playing on a team that is chasing a championship. The Vikings experienced the behavior during his first stint with the team, when he berated key sponsors on a team bus.

That's why, even though Childress may have made the right call, Childress should be blamed for bringing Moss to town in the first place. They knew or should have known that the guy is/was/always will be trouble. And now they've handed to the Patriots a third-round draft pick for the privilege of re-learning in a month something that the organization previously had seven seasons to figure out.

Source: Some Vikings players on board with dumping Moss | ProFootballTalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    This. It could also get some guys off of Bowe and make him a bigger receiver threat.
    he could also fill the youngsters on this team with doubt about how Haley is trying to build this team. He could also show them that taking off plays when the ball is not thrown to you is okay.

It would be nice to have a target but why is everyone forgetting that every team he has played, he was traded away. He has been given up on, twice by two different teams in a month and his play in Minnesota is shows what a unmotivated Moss does.

If we could just get him for this year I would not have a problem with that. I really don't want him long term. He only plays when he's happy and he doesn't seem to be happy for long anywere. So no thanks.

Looks like the general NFL fan base is thinking that the Chiefs are the 2nd most likely to get Moss!

NFL Forum :: - Where does Moss Land

But it looks like alot of ppl think Moss will end up back in New England!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast