Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss Cut! Do we go for him?

Default Randy Moss Cut! Do we go for him?

NFL.com news: Vikings cut Moss less than a month after acquiring WR in trade

its gonna come up here so i mine as well start it.

do we get him?

Is he a cancer? Can Haley keep him tame?

Does Haley/Weiss even want him?

Here is a guess-timation at where Randy Moss will end up based upon waiver order and local media accounts per team.

We won't find out where Randy Moss is playing next until Wednesday, when the NFL processes waiver claims from its 32 teams.

Till then, here's what coaches, players, and beat reporters are saying about where they think the star wide receive ring will be helmeting-up next.

The teams are presented in waiver order.

San Francisco 49ers "The 49ers are in need of targets, and getting Randy Moss now where he could learn the offense over the bye week makes sense." – Kevin Lynch, San Francisco Chronicle.
    San Diego Chargers: "At 3-5, the Chargers are one of the only teams that consider themselves a Super Bowl contender and have a bad enough record to win a claim on Moss. They don't get Vincent Jackson back until Week 12, and Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee are banged up." – Andrew Perloff, Sports Illustrated.
    St. Louis Rams "The folks at Rams Park weren't in the mood to talk about Moss on Monday night, but that was merely a formality of NFL process, not lack of interest." – St. Louis Dispatch.
    Seattle Seahawks "According to multiple sources the Seattle Seahawks are interested in claiming recently (and surprisingly) released wide receiver Randy Moss." – Seattle PI
    Miami Dolphins "A source within the Miami Dolphins confirmed that the team is indeed interested in signing Randy Moss." – Football News Now.
    Tennessee Titans "I would venture to say that every head coach or maybe 30 head coaches in this league are having discussions about it right now." – Titans coach Jeff Fisher.
    Kansas City Chiefs "It's doubtful the Chiefs would take a chance on Moss, especially considering the locker-room chemistry they've cultivated with a nice balance of young players and veterans. I'd be surprised if they would be willing to disrupt that because Moss might help Kansas City one or two more games in 2010." – Kansas City Star.
    New England Patriots "I miss the hell out of them -- every last helmet in that locker room." – Randy Moss

(#Waiver order subject to a coin-flip.)
    more below...
    Link- Where Will Randy Moss Go Next?

Is there any way to move up the waiver order... if so I think we should.
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 11-02-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Very good read.. Pretty much sums it up perfect.
    Kansas City Chiefs Have Every Reason To Reach For Randy Moss - Arrowhead Pride

I say if we have any shot at all we give it the best shot we can.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Very good read.. Pretty much sums it up perfect.
    Kansas City Chiefs Have Every Reason To Reach For Randy Moss - Arrowhead Pride

I say if we have any shot at all we give it the best shot we can.
    Couldn't disagree with that article more. First, two teams have chosen to part ways with him in a matter of 4 weeks. Second, have you seen his numbers this year? Not anything to brag about. Have you watched the last few games he's played? Against the Packers, Favre threw a pass to the back of the endzone that would have won the game in the 4th quarter. Randy didn't even jump for it. Last week he had 1 catch and drew a pass interference call. On the pass interference call, he could have caught that pass, but took the play off after the contact from the DB. On the next set of downs, Brett Favre gets clocked and injured.

The guy is a head case, is not going to block for running backs down field (something this team has been doing an excellent job of), and is not trying when he is out on the field. Sorry, don't want him on my team. Did you read about the incident on Friday in Minnesota? Absolutely classless.

I just have to ask, after 13 years in the league, what makes you think he's going to change? He's obviously lost a step as well. I could go on all day...

He has 9 catches in a contract year. One team booted him over his contract stance. The other booted him against the will of both the owner and other top executives... purely political.

He's a sure-fire Hall of Famer and has a lot in the tank IMO. Somebody is going to have one hell of a shot at a steal for their team.

Is he guaranteed to work out, no. But I'd love to have the shot at taking that chance on him.

Ya i read what you posted that happened on friday... Did you also read the report after he was traded to Minn about him and bellichick getting into it and then him and brady having to be seperated? Both were laughed at by bill and tom and they still obviously have a lot of respect and wish they could play together?

Don't go by what you read on the internet dude.. how bout the player reports from actual VIKING players that said he was awesome in the locker room and a good teammate practicing hard and trying to pickup the playbook super quick.

You do know that Thomas Jones has been known to be a very strong personality and hard to get along with coaches and teammates.. hence he is 1 of the best backs in the league and has been shipped from team to team. It's all about that coaches and management.

And your pass in the back of the endzone.. WTF you think randy is 8ft tall? I agree he did let up with the PI call but he also looked to have a hard time regaining his footing.

It has NOTHING to do about his numbers.. It has everything to do with the Defense HAVING to account for him and either double or triple team him.

Ya i read what you posted that happened on friday... Did you also read the report after he was traded to Minn about him and bellichick getting into it and then him and brady having to be seperated? Both were laughed at by bill and tom and they still obviously have a lot of respect and wish they could play together?

Don't go by what you read on the internet dude.. how bout the player reports from actual VIKING players that said he was awesome in the locker room and a good teammate practicing hard and trying to pickup the playbook super quick.

You do know that Thomas Jones has been known to be a very strong personality and hard to get along with coaches and teammates.. hence he is 1 of the best backs in the league and has been shipped from team to team. It's all about that coaches and management.

And your pass in the back of the endzone.. WTF you think randy is 8ft tall? I agree he did let up with the PI call but he also looked to have a hard time regaining his footing.

It has NOTHING to do about his numbers.. It has everything to do with the Defense HAVING to account for him and either double or triple team him.
    I'm going by a report that the owner of said restaurant provided to a reporter. They took specific quotes from him. Why else would the Vikings blow a 3rd round pick on him and then 4 weeks later decide to drop him? He was obviously a locker room cancer. You don't just drop guys that you spend 3rd round picks on if they are an asset to your team. Doesn't happen.

As much as he could come here and help the Chiefs, there's just as much chance he could come here and be a cancer that doesn't help the team one bit. Remember the Randy Moss that played for the Raiders? Me neither, because he didn't do anything. I'm pretty pleased with the status quo, we don't need LJ 2.0 coming here thinking we are going to do things his way. Did you see his interview of himself by the way? He straight up threw the coaching staff under the bus. Remind you of anyone?

How about if I go by the fact that he was cut?

The Vikings, who are desperate to get some wins, didn't feel like he was able to help.

How about the fact that Bill Bellichick also found him to be expendable?

I understand wanting what he is capable of being. But he doesn't want to do what he is capable of.

He did something bad enough to have The Vikings, who just gave a 3rd round draft pick for him, just throw him out.

The lack of effort on that PI call was inexcusable for me.

My guess is that he will go to The Chargers and do nothing for them.

I think St Louis is the lead candidate but anything could happen.....

In 2008, Moss hauled in 69 catches for 1,008 yards and 11 touchdowns despite losing quarterback Tom Brady in the first quarter of the season.

From wikipedia

I still think he is worth a shot for the right price, a short term deal thats based on incentives. Haley will stomp his *** is he comes in here and tries to disrupt.

I seriously doubt he was cut because of things he "supposedly" said to a caterer. Not to mention Brad Childress has been throwing anybody he can under the bus to save his butt. Not to mention the owners weren't informed and also reports are they are upset they spent a 3rd round pick and money for moss.

It's funny some people just have so much hate for certain players and it clouds their mind. Just like LJ being a cancer. The guy STILL calls jamaal all the time and gives him pep talks and gives him pointers.
    Teammates have come out and said that LJ was a good person and helpful in the locker room. He would be upset after losses and keep to himself but who doesn't?
    Everyone said TO was washed up and a locker room cancer. He's tearing it up in cinci and keeping his mouth shut, wish we would have signed him rather than chambers! The problem in cinci is palmer.
    Everyone said moss was a cancer and wouldn't work out with the pats. Would you want to be in oakland with AL????? He was awesome with the pats and the ONLY reason they let him go is because they wanted to get away from the long ball and didn't want to pay randy. It's typical of what the pats do. So instead of waiting till end of year and letting him go scott free they get a 3rd rounder for him.. Smart if you ask me. Judging by Randy's comments and the NE organization's comments there were no hard feelings with randy leaving.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast