Thread: It's about time!

Default It's about time!

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rts&id=5670388

Bears' Harris fined $5,000 for facemask penalty

09/22/2007 12:23 PM - Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris has been fined $5,000 by the NFL for what league officials deemed a "major facemask" penalty in last Sunday's victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.
    The play in question occurred with 3:35 remaining in the game, and with Kansas City in possession with a first-and-10 at its own 19-yard line.
    Harris sacked Chiefs' quarterback Damon Huard for a three-yard loss, but pulled him down by the facemask, and was penalized 15 yards for a personal foul.
    It is not known if Harris plans to appeal the fine, but replays of the incident indicated that the fourth-year veteran tackle did grab Huard's facemask. Huard was shaken on the play, but continued in the game.
    The incident marred a monster performance by Harris, who is coming off a 2006 season in which he was limited to 12 games by a hamstring-related injury that required offseason surgery and a long rehabilitation. Harris had five tackles, two sacks and a quarterback pressure in the contest.

That is amazing.

It seemed like every time something like this happened last year the NFL just overlooked it.

First game of the season and Trent gets concussed by an obvious late hit on the slide.

Not even a flag was thrown.

Then last week some dude blocks Colquit 15 yards out of bounds, no penalty!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

How was the block on Colquitt on Hester's TD not a penalty? They ran him out of bounds 5 yards and then tackled him. I thought that was an obvious personal foul...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    How was the block on Colquitt on Hester's TD not a penalty? They ran him out of bounds 5 yards and then tackled him. I thought that was an obvious personal foul...
    One would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    One would think.

If you're not completely incensed (had to look up the spelling on that word) one would think you were blind and prejudiced!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If you're not completely incensed (had to look up the spelling on that word) one would think you were blind and prejudiced!
    While I do not consider myself to be blind or prejudice, it is difficult for me to be incensed because I did not see the play in question.