Thread: Week 9 Power Rankings

Default Week 9 Power Rankings

NFL Power Rankings, Week 9: Why I Ranked The Kansas City Chiefs No. 11

Nov 02 10:02a by Joel Thorman
    Read More: Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans
    I've completed SB Nation's Week 9 NFL power rankings and I put the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 11. Yes, this comes a day after I argued that the Chiefs were a top 10 team. After reviewing the teams, I had trouble fitting the Chiefs into the top 10.
    Here are the teams I had no problem ranking ahead of the Chiefs: New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers.
    I firmly believe that those six teams are better than the Chiefs. They've proven it this year and in previous years that what they're doing is working. I think the Chiefs can compete with any of those teams -- they did with the Colts -- but I'm not sure I can say they're better.
    That brings us to spots 7-10 in the top 10 of our power rankings.
    Here are the teams I ranked ahead of the Chiefs but I'm not completely sold on as being better: New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints and Tennessee Titans.
    That puts the Chiefs at No. 11. Are the Chiefs better than the Saints? I'm not so sure about that but I can't say for sure. The Falcons, like the Chiefs, do the small things right en route to their 5-2 record. The Titans have QB issues right now but we'll see how these two teams matchup when they face each other in December.
    So I had to put the Chiefs at No. 11 even though I felt they were a top 10 team. After looking at all the teams, I just couldn't bring myself to rank the Chiefs ahead of the Giants, Falcons, Saints and Titans.
    The Chiefs have one of the easiest schedules down the stretch so if they continue to beat the teams they should they'll end the season in the top 10.

I honestly dont blame him one bit.

I think i would place us at about the same place as well. we're no superstar team at this point still, and have some concerning issues to iron out to be solid enough to feel CONFIDENT about getting a W week in and week out.

If only Cassel would have some sort of composure under pressure and better accuracy we could utilize more of the receiver talent we have and that would really help kick our team's scoring capability up bigtime, and i wouldnt feel bad ranking us closer to top 5 if that were something cassel could prove he can handle.

seems reasonable to me