Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Top 100, down to the top 10 and no Derrick Thomas

Default NFL Top 100, down to the top 10 and no Derrick Thomas

If you haven't been following NFL Network's top 100 players, they are down to the top 10. This could either be really good or really bad. As a Chiefs' homer, I could definitely see Derrick Thomas in the top 10. On the other hand, if he's not in the top 10 then that means he didn't even make the top 100! I would call shenanigans if that is the case and probably never watch that damned channel again because they would have no credibility!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'll tell you what, if Bobby Bell isn't on that list, then they can take that list and insert it into a small, narrow opening that never sees the light of the moon -- if you get my drift.

Ditto!! I tend to agree with your opinion of Elway too! UGH!! I'm bias though, as I don't believe the Bronco's fairly won the Super Bowl in 1997-1998. The first of their back to back SB's...they cheated that year, in more than one way, including spraying Pam on their jersey's when in the playoff game against KC.

~insert big angry frown here~

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

That I believe was the jersey he wore as a member of the College All-Star team that defeated the GB Packers 20-17 in 1963 ( I'm pretty sure Buck Buchanan played in that game as well ) in the annual College All-Stars vs the defending World Champion game that always kicked off the pre-season. The game was disbanded after the 1976 season.
    AWESOME!!! You really know your Bobby Bell history!!!

He's such a remarkable man, truly has a heart of gold. Our world would be such a better place if more people were of the honorable & admirable character that is within Bobby Bell. Our football teams as well, if they played with the dedication & heart that men like Bobby did. He is a great man in all the ways that matter most!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Ditto!! I tend to agree with your opinion of Elway too! UGH!! I'm bias though, as I don't believe the Bronco's fairly won the Super Bowl in 1997-1998. The first of their back to back SB's...they cheated that year, in more than one way, including spraying Pam on their jersey's when in the playoff game against KC.

~insert big angry frown here~
    You are correct. The Donkeys in 1997-1998 did not win those Super Bowls outright -- they were given to them by Paul Tagliabue and the rest of his riff-raff in the league office as a going away present to John Elway, because he couldn't win one outright ( remember the playoff loss to the Jags at Mile High after the 1996 season? ). Is it a coincidence that the Broncos were given easy schedules in '97 & '98 allowing to get off to fast starts with an unbeaten record through at least first seven games in each of those seasons ( do note that they did not have to play any early season games against teams that had made the playoffs the year before or an early season game in KC or in Miami where they have never beaten the Dolphins ) ? Is it a coincidence that Terrell Davis racked up big numbers in both of those years because his O-Line was allowed to get away with massive holding & illegal chop-blocks & yet in 1999 when they weren't allowed to get away with that, Terrell Davis got beat up and his career was over. Is it also a coincidence that many of the calls ( or non-calls that should have been called against Denver that weren't ) by the officials on the field went in Denver's favor -- the most glittering example was the pass caught in the end zone by Tony Gonzalez in the '97 playoff game that clearly should have been ruled a TD as he would have easily come down with both feet in bounds, but was pulled down by a defender and it was his shoulder that hit out of bounds -- they would have ruled that play a TD if it had been a Denver receiver in question, I have no doubt of that. Is it coincidence that Denver was way over the salary cap both of those seasons and yet in 1999, some of those players like Neil Smith and Darrien Gordon were gone.

The '97 & '98 seasons will always be ones that I look upon as the NFL not having an outright champion & they wouldn't have happened that way if Pete Rozelle had still been commissioner because I really believe it was Donkeys owner Pat Bowlen who lobbied with the league office to stack the deck to help Elway get his two Super Bowl rings before he retired, whereas Pete Rozelle would have told Bowlen "tough sh!t, buddy", just like he did to Bears owner George Halas back in the late '50's. I was a subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket in '97 and '98 and I watched all the Donkeys games and I know all the atrocities that I saw both of those years. I have told many Donkeys fans that if they think that their team won 2 Super Bowls outright, then they've humped their neighbors dog one too many times. It really p!sses them off to tell them Joe Montana is the best QB of all time & that he won 4 Super Bowls and that Elway lost 3, won 0, and had 2 given to him as going-away present. The truth hurts them and they don't like it.

And yet, they probably have Elway listed high somewhere in the top 100 players and say that he won 2 Super Bowls.

End of my rant, but since you brought up that subject Connie Jo, I figured that I'd post what I know to be true about it.

You are correct. The Donkeys in 1997-1998 did not win those Super Bowls outright -- they were given to them by Paul Tagliabue and the rest of his riff-raff in the league office as a going away present to John Elway, because he couldn't win one outright ( remember the playoff loss to the Jags at Mile High after the 1996 season? ). Is it a coincidence that the Broncos were given easy schedules in '97 & '98 allowing to get off to fast starts with an unbeaten record through at least first seven games in each of those seasons ( do note that they did not have to play any early season games against teams that had made the playoffs the year before or an early season game in KC or in Miami where they have never beaten the Dolphins ) ? Is it a coincidence that Terrell Davis racked up big numbers in both of those years because his O-Line was allowed to get away with massive holding & illegal chop-blocks & yet in 1999 when they weren't allowed to get away with that, Terrell Davis got beat up and his career was over. Is it also a coincidence that many of the calls ( or non-calls that should have been called against Denver that weren't ) by the officials on the field went in Denver's favor -- the most glittering example was the pass caught in the end zone by Tony Gonzalez in the '97 playoff game that clearly should have been ruled a TD as he would have easily come down with both feet in bounds, but was pulled down by a defender and it was his shoulder that hit out of bounds -- they would have ruled that play a TD if it had been a Denver receiver in question, I have no doubt of that. Is it coincidence that Denver was way over the salary cap both of those seasons and yet in 1999, some of those players like Neil Smith and Darrien Gordon were gone.

The '97 & '98 seasons will always be ones that I look upon as the NFL not having an outright champion & they wouldn't have happened that way if Pete Rozelle had still been commissioner because I really believe it was Donkeys owner Pat Bowlen who lobbied with the league office to stack the deck to help Elway get his two Super Bowl rings before he retired, whereas Pete Rozelle would have told Bowlen "tough sh!t, buddy", just like he did to Bears owner George Halas back in the late '50's. I was a subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket in '97 and '98 and I watched all the Donkeys games and I know all the atrocities that I saw both of those years. I have told many Donkeys fans that if they think that their team won 2 Super Bowls outright, then they've humped their neighbors dog one too many times. It really p!sses them off to tell them Joe Montana is the best QB of all time & that he won 4 Super Bowls and that Elway lost 3, won 0, and had 2 given to him as going-away present. The truth hurts them and they don't like it.

And yet, they probably have Elway listed high somewhere in the top 100 players and say that he won 2 Super Bowls.

End of my rant, but since you brought up that subject Connie Jo, I figured that I'd post what I know to be true about it.
    Oh please, rant on anytime, hahaha. I'm relieved some one other than myself see's it EXACTLY as I do!!! I don't want to believe the NFL stacks the deck in those ways, but realistically one would be a fool not to consider so many coincidences as being more than just that.

I think what you're referring to with their being over salary cap was related to their cheating in the draft, so to speak. I can't remember the specifics now, but the Bronco's were fined by the NFL for doing something illegal or against NFL policy related to the draft in 1997 also.

I remember very well becoming so angry at officials for favoring the Donkey's in penalty calls...either making a call in their favor that shouldn't have been, or making phantom calls, or not calling penalities they should've against Denver. I swore Shanahan or the Denver owner had officials in their pockets.

In fact, not long ago my daughter mentioned how I always accuse NFL officials of favoring Denver & Indy both, haha...I told her, "it's because they do!!!". She referred to my angry rants during the 1997-1998 Bronco seasons, their back to back SB wins in 98-99. I will NEVER believe the Broncos earned their Super Bowl in 98 especially, and question 99 as well.

It was due to what I witnessed that season related to the Donkey's...their playoff & Super Bowl wins, that I began to question for the first time whether or not playoff & Super Bowl games were rigged by the NFL for profit, as well as other factors.

Here is a way out there speculation for you, hahaha: I question the reasons behind why Eli Manning & the NFL were so against his being drafted by San Diego, and his soon thereafter being traded to the New York Giants. Can you imagine the profits of a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl? This of course would not be possible if both Mannings were QB's for AFC teams.

I wonder if Eli moving over to the Giants was the first step in a longer range plot, haha. The NFL would have to be careful, not too obvious, so I didn't expect a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl right away. Rather, I predicted that the Colts & Giants would win Super Bowls in different years first, then within a few years thereafter both teams would end up in the Super Bowl. Not many would question the legitimacy of two teams led by the Manning brothers facing off in a Super Bowl with having previously won Super Bowls in different years, hahaha. Both teams continue to remain playoff & Super Bowl contenders since their wins. Indy went last year and lost of course, but New Orleans needed a Super Bowl victory after all they've endured in the city...so ya gotta wonder about that too.

I spent hours doing research, investigating really one could say...to see if there was any connections I could make to the NFL rigging Super Bowls. What I did find interesting is, that many cities who spend millions to either build a new stadium, or renovate an existing stadium...have teams that appear in a Super Bowl soon around the same time period...either during construction, or soon thereafter of a new/renovated stadium. Now, haha...I had to wonder if that connection was purely coincidental or not? We all know as fans that winning helps the cities financially support the cost of the stadium itself, as well as maintaining such.

I hope all that above made sense, it's past my bedtime, yet again, & my brain is half functioning.

If there is anything to my speculation of connecting Super Bowl appearances to the building of new stadiums, or renovations of an existing one...within a few years of the same time period...then our Chiefs should be Super Bowl bound before too much longer, hahaha. :)

I hope some higher NFL power doesn't read this post, see I'm on to something so big as rigging Super Bowls for financial benefit or profit would be...which could destroy the NFL as we know it. They might send someone to knock me off, hahaha. ~just kidding~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    If you haven't been following NFL Network's top 100 players, they are down to the top 10. This could either be really good or really bad. As a Chiefs' homer, I could definitely see Derrick Thomas in the top 10. On the other hand, if he's not in the top 10 then that means he didn't even make the top 100! I would call shenanigans if that is the case and probably never watch that damned channel again because they would have no credibility!
    Agreed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123