Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Top 100, down to the top 10 and no Derrick Thomas

Default NFL Top 100, down to the top 10 and no Derrick Thomas

If you haven't been following NFL Network's top 100 players, they are down to the top 10. This could either be really good or really bad. As a Chiefs' homer, I could definitely see Derrick Thomas in the top 10. On the other hand, if he's not in the top 10 then that means he didn't even make the top 100! I would call shenanigans if that is the case and probably never watch that damned channel again because they would have no credibility!

If John Elway is in the top 10, then they have no credibility.

they need to do a top ten by position, it's the only fair way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    they need to do a top ten by position, it's the only fair way to do it.
    Been there, done that. DT was rated No.10 on the Top 10 Pass Rusher List. I'm seriously doubting that he makes it into the Top 100 Players of All-Time.

This is crap.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that many of those shows are political, or bias, whatever you want to call it. DT is definitely among the top 100 NFL players of all time, regardless of others opinions. DT was such a well known NFL LB, that he is a favorite among many people I know who are not Chiefs fans, rather fans of other teams. Everyone who is a fan of the NFL knows who DT is...that doesn't happen if you're not among the top NFL players.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that many of those shows are political, or bias, whatever you want to call it. DT is definitely among the top 100 NFL players of all time, regardless of others opinions. DT was such a well known NFL LB, that he is a favorite among many people I know who are not Chiefs fans, rather fans of other teams. Everyone who is a fan of the NFL knows who DT is...that doesn't happen if you're not among the top NFL players.
    These things are all based on who people remember when they are voting. Few young people today know DT and he was not a well known entity, nor did he even play in a Super Bowl. It is really stupid.

The people that come up with these lists are the same ones that rank Kurt Cobaine as number 12 on the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. I'm sorry, but Kurt Cobaine could not hold a candle on guitar to Eddie Van Halen, Jeff Beck or Vernon Reid.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Truth is that the best pure football player that ever played was Bobby Bell. He could play LB, DE, TE, Center, was the Chiefs emergency QB, and was the Chiefs long-snapper on punts & place-kicks. He was also a threat to score when he got his hands on the ball and scored many TD's on returns in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    These things are all based on who people remember when they are voting. Few young people today know DT and he was not a well known entity, nor did he even play in a Super Bowl. It is really stupid.

The people that come up with these lists are the same ones that rank Kurt Cobaine as number 12 on the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. I'm sorry, but Kurt Cobaine could not hold a candle on guitar to Eddie Van Halen, Jeff Beck or Vernon Reid.
    Well, many of those in the two generations below mine, that I interact with through my participation in Kid Rock's world...and that are also NFL fans...do know who Derrick Thomas is. Surprised me, but they sure do, and most say he was one of the best ever.

As far as legendary guitarists...not a Kurt Cobaine fan either, lol. I'm more of a Clapton and Stevie Ray girl, haha. Oh, and I'm a huge fan of Kenny Olson. I figure if Eric Clapton states publicly that Kenny is one of the most talented guitarists in our time...my judgement of Kenny is a good one, hahahaha.

Kenny's under-rated and not well known, because he's not a recording artist, only an amazing guitarist, but is highly sought after as a studio guitarist among many big name artists. Hendrix was who inspired Kenny in childhood, and he is very close with Jimmy's family. They somewhat adopted him as a son when he was a kid in the 70's, after losing Jimmy.

Hell, media attention, record label propaganda is what makes a super-star in today's world, far more often than genuine artistic talent. It's all so fake...many so called super-star recording artists have voices lacking talent, very limited in range, are often off key covered up by background vocals & instruments. They're super-stars because of media propaganda...drilling into the naive publics head these people are good at what they do...but they're not in my opinion. The public is brain washed easily by media, record label propaganda.

Although I have a significant hearing loss, that loss actually allows me to hear certain frequencies & tones normal hearing ears can't hear. I know when someone is off key...they can't fool my ears, hahahaha. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Second thought...maybe all those the two generations below mine who know who DT is...that I interact with...know who he is because I've told them often enough over the years who he is, LOL. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast