Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs-Raiders Jan. 2nd-Kansas City NYE Party Plans Anyone?

Default Chiefs-Raiders Jan. 2nd-Kansas City NYE Party Plans Anyone?

Me, Clint (stricken) & a couple of his buddies from Houston...will be attending the January 2nd game against the Raiders at Arrowhead. Friday night prior to the game on Sunday is New Years Eve. We've decided to make it a weekend celebration in Kansas City, celebrating New Years Eve at a location to be determined, on Friday night. No plans as of yet for Saturday, but Sunday we will tailgate & attend the final game of the Chiefs regular season at Arrowhead against the Raiders.

If any one else is interested in joining us...you're more than welcome. If there is enough interest in a Chiefs Crowd New Years/End of Season gathering...I would be happy to coordinate a group hotel effort, and look into various location options for us to celebrate New Years Eve at. Possibly we could even arrange a New Years celebration at the hotel, assuming they have a party room/lounge, etc..

Post in this thread if interested. Thanks!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

It would be cool if they could let us tailgate in the parking lot of Arrowhead until midnight and have a celebration there, but I highly doubt they let us do that and it would be so cold that I'm not sure how many people would like that. But I'm up for anything.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    It would be cool if they could let us tailgate in the parking lot of Arrowhead until midnight and have a celebration there, but I highly doubt they let us do that and it would be so cold that I'm not sure how many people would like that. But I'm up for anything.
    In the parking lot on Friday night, New Years Eve? Yeah, I don't think they're gonna allow that. It use to be you could buy a weekend pass, if you had an RV, Bus, Pickup Camper, etc., but I was told they don't do that any longer either.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

If we don't get too many interested in particpating, I'm good just with eating dinner out at a BBQ place, whatever...then celebrating at the hotel, like we did for MNF.

By the way...love your Dwayne sig!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    If we don't get too many interested in particpating, I'm good just with eating dinner out at a BBQ place, whatever...then celebrating at the hotel, like we did for MNF.
    Yeah that's cool with me too. How cold does it get in KC in early January?

By the way...love your Dwayne sig!! :)
    Thanks! After winning his wristbands last night I thought I would make a new sig with him in it and wear his jersey today.. haha I'm lame.

Resident Celebrity

Okay...now I'm jealous! You not only win his wristbands but have his jersey too!!!
    No fair!! hahahaha :)

The friend who was with me last Sunday wanted to buy a Chiefs sweatshirt from the team store, so we went shopping for him. Well, I knew I couldn't afford a #82 jersey, but thought maybe I could a Bowe t-shirt. Heck, they didn't have anything Bowe, not even his jersey! They had everyone but Bowe! :(

I'm in a daze tonight, pre-occupied big time in thought! I forgot to answer your question...it can get pretty darn cold here in January. There's no way to know for sure...it could be in the 50's during the day, even warmer if an odd warm front moves in from the Gulf, but if a front moves in from Canada...we could be 10 below zero!

Okay...now I'm jealous! You not only win his wristbands but have his jersey too!!!
    No fair!! hahahaha :)

The friend who was with me last Sunday wanted to buy a Chiefs sweatshirt from the team store, so we went shopping for him. Well, I knew I couldn't afford a #82 jersey, but thought maybe I could a Bowe t-shirt. Heck, they didn't have anything Bowe, not even his jersey! They had everyone but Bowe! :(
    Wow... I was never able to get into the team store. I will try my best in a couple of weeks.

I bought my Bowe jersey at Sports Nutz last year, for my size it was only 80 bucks so that was really a steal when I factor in the size I need and it being a mens style. It's getting big now due to the diet.. guess I'll have to get another one one day.

Resident Celebrity

hmmmm...maybe I'll check out Sports Nutz when I head that way on the 21st! The jersey's through the pro shops are $150.00 for the sewn on, $110.00 I think for the screen print. I can't afford that right now.

Edit...I can't afford the $80 either, but maybe they have a Bowe t-shirt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast