Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faider game thoughts

Default Faider game thoughts

Ok now that a couple of hours have passed I think this game is one that we defently did not deserve to win. The simple fact is that we got a HUGE break from the refs to even be in postion to go to ot. Were there calls that went against us yes there were. But IMO none of them had as big of an impact as that fumble call when IMO the runner was down.

Matt Cassel was NOT the reason that we lost that ball game. He did about all we really ask him to do. We didn't have much going in the running game and I think that hurt us much more then Matt Cassel. The O line had a down game. I think clearly there worst game of the season. Matt Cassel did hurt the team with the INT at the end of the half but For the most part I will take the effort he gave today.

The 2nd half the faiders outplayed the chiefs. That has me worried about this team going forward. Hopefully we see them rebound next week at mile hight. We need a huge win for sure.

The thing with that fumble call that went in our favor is that The Raiders had sealed their own fate, by having used up their challenges/timeouts prior to that.

Instant replay is a major part of the game today. And coaches have to conserve timeouts and challenges for just such an occasion.

Refs deliberately lean toward allowing a play like that to continue, unless they are 100% positive of the call, so as not to restrict getting the right call through replay.

The refs did exactly what they are supposed to do on that one. It was The Raiders who blew it.

Now, the pi**-poor calls for penalties are a different story.

Once again the Chiefs are screwed on PI calls.

To be honest, I'm getting real sick and tired of all these late flags being thrown 5 secs after the play is over in EVERY game! As well as refs who are on the other side of the field or have no clear view of the play making the calls.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

That was a tough one to swallow. But again as a Chiefs fan its good to feel this way after a loss, havent had this sick feeling after a loss in years. Both teams played ugly, penalty riddled football. They won in overtime, we werent gonna go 14-2 right?

Lets just remember that we play them at arrowhead later on and hopefully we can put together a nice run and finish the season 10-6 and get into the playoffs. We have a good team, obv not a great team but we are in every single game and these Chiefs are playing exciting football games!

Next week in Denver is gonna be tough as well, donks suck this year but division games on the road are tough and you can throw records out the window. If our running game gets back to form we should be alright, we had opportunities to win this game and it just didnt go our way. It happens.

Raiders arent bad, i still hate them but this rivalry is waaay better when we are both good. Unfortunately the Chargers after beating the Titans and Texans are poised to go on a run and that to me is the biggest worry going into the 2nd half of the season.

Its just bitterly dissapointing that we could and "should" be 6-2 possibly 7-1 since we let that Houston game get away. Before the season i would've taken 5-3 though, and the best part is that this team is young and could compete for years to come. Still feel good about being a Chiefs fan! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Once again the Chiefs are screwed on PI calls.

To be honest, I'm getting real sick and tired of all these late flags being thrown 5 secs after the play is over in EVERY game! As well as refs who are on the other side of the field or have no clear view of the play making the calls.
    We benefitted from a couple of these as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not sure what Charles had to do get more touches. The fact that Thomas Jones had 1.7 YPC is pathetic, and he kept getting fed the ball. I fully expected the Chiefs to run the ball a lot more. It seemed like there were way too many 3rd and longs.
    To be honest he didn't look at full health on the field he was limping after a few plays. But to me its clear that they use thomas jones and the occasional Jamaal Charles to wear out the defense and then towards the end of the game run JC as much as possible. It was actually working on us the problem was 3rd down conversions.

bowe needed to make that catch to keep our last drive alive and that big catch by the raders prior to the game tying fg needed to be reviewed...the ball came loose and was between his legs as he went down. those are the 2 plays that were killers

We lost the game because of Richard Seymour. he's a good player, who made the plays he's paid to make. I get the feeling that the coaching staff underestimated what he could do.

and Bowe does it again !!!! he drops a 1st down catch with under 2 to play that ends the games and we have a W

this guy makes just enough catch's to break your heart
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

we need a deep threat wide receiver to stretch the field. Bowe, is disappointing me. our #1 receiver HAS to make those plays. Moeaki dropped a couple of balls too, one was for a first down that was an easy catch. I thought cassell played fairly well but he needs help from his receivers. Seymour was a beast and made waters look pedestrian from time to time. disappointing game, we always split wins every year though. still in first place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    we need a deep threat wide receiver to stretch the field. Bowe, is disappointing me. our #1 receiver HAS to make those plays. Moeaki dropped a couple of balls too, one was for a first down that was an easy catch. I thought cassell played fairly well but he needs help from his receivers. Seymour was a beast and made waters look pedestrian from time to time. disappointing game, we always split wins every year though. still in first place!!!
    by 1/2 a game. if Bowe can catch a pass we're up 2 1/2
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast