Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faider game thoughts

Default Faider game thoughts

Ok now that a couple of hours have passed I think this game is one that we defently did not deserve to win. The simple fact is that we got a HUGE break from the refs to even be in postion to go to ot. Were there calls that went against us yes there were. But IMO none of them had as big of an impact as that fumble call when IMO the runner was down.

Matt Cassel was NOT the reason that we lost that ball game. He did about all we really ask him to do. We didn't have much going in the running game and I think that hurt us much more then Matt Cassel. The O line had a down game. I think clearly there worst game of the season. Matt Cassel did hurt the team with the INT at the end of the half but For the most part I will take the effort he gave today.

The 2nd half the faiders outplayed the chiefs. That has me worried about this team going forward. Hopefully we see them rebound next week at mile hight. We need a huge win for sure.

This was a Classic, Chiefs vrs Raiders game of old. I love every minute of it, did not like the outcome, but loved the battle. The game intensity, the rivalry was there, fights, you name it. This was a great game. Next time we play, will be in ARROWHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I have defended Cassel since he got here, but the last few weeks I have to admit I,ve been wondering How Brodie could do.
    I really don't understand all the anti Cassel talk. He was 20-35 216 yards 2td 1int. Most teams would take that from there QB each week. There was a drop by D bowe witch if that is a catch we kneel and win the football game. I am not saying that Cassel can't be any better but today he was not getting a lot of help. Our running game was not what it had been all season. I don't think it's Cassel holding our offense back. I really really think we need a true number 1 WR. Bowe is not a true number 1. I think we get a real number 1 WR that helps Cassel it helps Bowe it helps us as an offense in genral. I have not see Cassel do anything horrible but maybe i am just missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    How does Hali seem to get held on every pass play every week but it only gets called once a game if the Chiefs are lucky?
    every damn play!
    That hurt us more then anything Cassel did. Cassel did his job on that play. Could it have been a better play sure but An NFL WR makes that catch.
    I wouldnt say _more_ than anything Cassel dd, but youre right that on THIS play, Cassel threw a good ball and Bowe BLEW it. like how on earth are you even a pro type of drop.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I really don't understand all the anti Cassel talk. He was 20-35 216 yards 2td 1int. Most teams would take that from there QB each week. There was a drop by D bowe witch if that is a catch we kneel and win the football game. I am not saying that Cassel can't be any better but today he was not getting a lot of help. Our running game was not what it had been all season. I don't think it's Cassel holding our offense back. I really really think we need a true number 1 WR. Bowe is not a true number 1. I think we get a real number 1 WR that helps Cassel it helps Bowe it helps us as an offense in genral. I have not see Cassel do anything horrible but maybe i am just missing something.
    I'm not bashing Cassel, I like him. I guess the thought of a cannon like Cryole has just makes me want to see what he could do.
    Then again, if the reciever can't catch the ball, then what does it matter?
    Chiefs in 2011

The officiating was garbage when looking at it from both sides, which surprised me considering the announcers mentioned that 4 of them had been on Super Bowl crews.

I was hoping to be proven wrong by Cassel, he looked fairly sharp for a drive or two after the first two three and outs. I was really disappointed as the game went along though. I can't agree that he executed what was asked of him. Our running game was contained and he was asked to air it out a few times, which he failed at. His decision to throw it short into coverage in that overtime was awful, I also think I saw a streaking and open Bowe in first down territory.

Flowers didn't have his best game, containing a speedster getting immaculate balls is a tough task, but he has to do better, especially with that ball that was taken from him by Ford.

I was pleasantly surprised by Berry, minus the block in the back.

Defense looked good really good for the most part, except for the big plays at the end of the game :(

I'm not exactly a HFBIQ person (like everybody didn't already know that), but the sacks allowed and lack of running game doesn't speak very well for them.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    This was a Classic, Chiefs vrs Raiders game of old. I love every minute of it, did not like the outcome, but loved the battle. The game intensity, the rivalry was there, fights, you name it. This was a great game. Next time we play, will be in ARROWHEAD!
    My thoughts exactly. Tough being on the side we were on but what you gonna do, you can't win 'em all.

I hate that the Chargers won today too though... that worries me more than our loss or the Raiders beating us honestly. I can't wait until they are done.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Not sure what Charles had to do get more touches. The fact that Thomas Jones had 1.7 YPC is pathetic, and he kept getting fed the ball. I fully expected the Chiefs to run the ball a lot more. It seemed like there were way too many 3rd and longs.

This one hurts, take it out on the Donkey's next week

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    A great big THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Tough being on the side we were on but what you gonna do, you can't win 'em all.

I hate that the Chargers won today too though... that worries me more than our loss or the Raiders beating us honestly. I can't wait until they are done.
    This game had it all, penalties, rain, mud, fights, bad calls from refs, the only thing missing from the days of old, the raider personal foul call from a team brawl, I thought it was going to happen when we got that call in our favor on the fumble that was not. That was close to a bench clearing brawl, all that fighting and refs losing there hats!
    We lost this time, but I saw a lot from our team today in that one play. It is back! This team has each others back. We needed this! The Chiefs are now Chiefs again!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast