Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What frustrated me most about this loss

Default What frustrated me most about this loss

Hi everyone I am new to the boards, but want to see if I was alone in this.

While there were tons of penalties and blame to go around, the one thing that frustrated me most watching this game can be summed up in these stats.

Charles: 10 carries for 53 yards.
    Jones: 19 carries for 32 yards.

I am all for using two backs because I think it will make Charles better. But I really think the carries need to be reversed. Charles 60-70% of the carries and Jones 30-40% and not the other way around. I think it especially killed us on 3rd and one, where I believe we were stopped four different times trying to run the ball with Jones. I know Charles is the smaller back but I think he is better on 3rd and because our O-line doesn't push people as much as it makes creases. Charles is through those creases more quickly and is more slippery going through the hole. Also, on a day like today - with the Chiefs facing 8 & 9 man fronts. I feel like Charles would have busted a 70-yarder given 20 carries.

Anyone else equally frustrated?

Agree 100 Percent.
    SHUT IT

I don't know how healthy Charles was in this game. I seen him limping after a few plays and walking gingerly on his leg. I think this might've played a factor in the number of carries he received. Charles still played tough and ran his heart out, but I don't know how healthy he was.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I don't know how healthy Charles was in this game. I seen him limping after a few plays and walking gingerly on his leg. I think this might've played a factor in the number of carries he received. Charles still played tough and ran his heart out, but I don't know how healthy he was.
    Yeah - I noticed that, too but then he was back in the game. Either way, as a rule I just think Charles and Jones' roles (in terms of number of carries) should be reversed. Going into the game Charles was averaging 6.5 yards a rush and Jones 4.6. Not there is anything wrong with 4.6 but 6.5 is exceptional.

yeah Bowe drops the game winner. what's new ???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I think Charles got banged up during the game and we were careful with how we used him after that.

I was pissed that we kept trying to throw the ball when it wasn't working. Bowe not catching that pass, tho he did have a push off on the CB, the fact that the refs never called holding on OAK, Hali was being held all day. The stupid Pass Interference call that was terrible, That jones wasn't picking up those 1 yard or 2 yard gains on 2nd or 3rd, Mcgraw dropping a pick, Special teams allowing a TD, again throwing when we should be running, Cassel just being cassel, and allowing oakland to drive to tie the game.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I was pissed that we kept trying to throw the ball when it wasn't working. Bowe not catching that pass, tho he did have a push off on the CB, the fact that the refs never called holding on OAK, Hali was being held all day. The stupid Pass Interference call that was terrible, That jones wasn't picking up those 1 yard or 2 yard gains on 2nd or 3rd, Mcgraw dropping a pick, Special teams allowing a TD, again throwing when we should be running, Cassel just being cassel, and allowing oakland to drive to tie the game.
    there were so many chances to win and we let them back into the game w/that KO return, Berry's penalty on Arenas' return, play calling in OT, cassel, bowe, O line on short yardage, officials, it truly was a group effort

let's just beat sd in san diego, sweep denver and crush the raders at ARROWHEAD and all will end well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Yeah I was disgusted with the blantant holding that was being allowed on Hali ridiculous !

I don't think the running game was getting anywhere. Frankly, isn't that the secret to beating these Chiefs? Fill the box and force us to win through the air. What happens then? Sure, Cassel sticks a few but rookies will drop passes because they're rookies, Bowe will drop passes because he's Bowe, and deep passes will result in the ball being nowhere near a receiver with Cassel gesturing to that receiver afterwards. Who got the play wrong? I don't know, but I'm tired of watching that little routine.

For the record, I think they noticed Hali being held once, which is impressive from refs who can barely keep track of what down it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast