Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pin this loss on Cassel

Default Pin this loss on Cassel

Got your attention didn't I? I just think it's outrageous that everyone wants to throw Cassel under the bus. I understand that to the casual observer the QB is the highest profile position and so it makes sense to blame him. He didn't play his best game, but here's what I saw from this ugly game from the Chiefs:

1.) Studebaker with a HOLDING call to negate a 41-yard field goal. Holding on any field goal attempt is inexcusable, it should never happen.

2.) Jacoby Ford's kickoff return for a TD. Killed all of the momentum after a 10 point lead.

3.) At least 3 plays of 1 yard to go for a first down getting stuffed. Thomas Jones was ineffective in short yardage situations.

4.) Berry's holding penalty (or maybe it was illegal block in the back) on the Arenas return TD. Once again, momentum would have taken a huge turn in our favor but the Chiefs once again shot themselves in the foot.

5.) Brandon Flowers played one of the worst games I have seen from him. The dropped interception on the last drive that setup the game tying field goal was horrible. Through his hands, right into Ford's hands. He then proceeded to get beat to setup the game winning field goal. Campbell was not afraid to go after Flowers, and rookie Jacoby Ford made him look like an average cornerback instead. I'm sorry, but I expect more out of a guy who is being labeled as "shutdown". Ford had 4 catches for 37 yards all year coming into this game and finished yesterday with 6 for 148 yards.

6.) I gotta pick on Carr too. The play where Jacoby Ford fell on the ground and hauled in a pass at the 8 yard line was terrible. Carr never looked for the ball, he should have easily batted that down.

7.) The defense as a whole had a chance to stop the Raiders from getting a game tying field goal. No timeouts and a minute and a half left. The defense has to get it done there.

8.) Dwayne Bowe's drop on 3rd and long with less than 2 minutes left. He catches that ball, it seals the deal and the Raiders don't get the ball back.

9.) Receiving corps as a whole. The receivers have to get open when they are stacking 8 guys in the box to stop the run. Didn't seem like it was happening.

10.) Matt Cassel doesn't go without blame. The INT before the half is inexcusable and without it we most likely go into the half up 13-0. He also missed some passes that he should have had downfield. His accuracy has to get better.

Too many mistakes on both sides of the ball to win this one. The team we saw yesterday was very reminiscent to me of the one that has haunted me the last 3 years. They need to make a statement next week in Denver. For now, I'm worried.

In all honesty, I blame the offensive/offensive play calling/offensive coaching strategy on our losses and our close games. You can only expect your defense to hold a team to so many points. 13 points or less allowed by a defense is acceptable. The problem is the offense is not scoring when they should...giving the ball back to the opposing team to soon, and too many times a game.

What is it gonna take to score some points?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

can we just cut L. Pope now so that there is no attempt to ever throw him the ball again, specially on critical downs. The guys is a offensive lineman, not a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    In all honesty, I blame the offensive/offensive play calling/offensive coaching strategy on our losses and our close games. You can only expect your defense to hold a team to so many points. 13 points or less allowed by a defense is acceptable. The problem is the offense is not scoring when they should...giving the ball back to the opposing team to soon, and too many times a game.

What is it gonna take to score some points?
    The defense held the Raider offense to 13 points in regulation. What are you talking about? One of the TD's was from special teams.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

This was a very dis appointing TEAM lose. Players and coaches can share the blame for this one. And how can you leave Cox inactive?

I am sorry but I am putting this on bowe.
    If he could be a PRO WR and catch the ball we could have ran almost all of the clock out with that 1st down. I understand we all can find other reasons to apply the blame, but you have to agree if he catches that ball we have a 98% chance of winning the game. I think its time to look at who will be in the draft at WR for our first pick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    I am sorry but I am putting this on bowe.
    If he could be a PRO WR and catch the ball we could have ran almost all of the clock out with that 1st down. I understand we all can find other reasons to apply the blame, but you have to agree if he catches that ball we have a 98% chance of winning the game. I think its time to look at who will be in the draft at WR for our first pick next year.
    If Studebaker doesn't hold, another 3 points on the board and the Raiders have to score a TD at the end.

If Flowers intercepts that ball, game over.

If Berry doesn't hold, still a possibility that Arenas takes it to the house.

Bowe should have caught that ball, but saying Bowe's mistake was worse than any of these others isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Got your attention didn't I? I just think it's outrageous that everyone wants to throw Cassel under the bus. I understand that to the casual observer the QB is the highest profile position and so it makes sense to blame him. He didn't play his best game, but here's what I saw from this ugly game from the Chiefs:

1.) Studebaker with a HOLDING call to negate a 41-yard field goal. Holding on any field goal attempt is inexcusable, it should never happen.

2.) Jacoby Ford's kickoff return for a TD. Killed all of the momentum after a 10 point lead.

3.) At least 3 plays of 1 yard to go for a first down getting stuffed. Thomas Jones was ineffective in short yardage situations.

4.) Berry's holding penalty (or maybe it was illegal block in the back) on the Arenas return TD. Once again, momentum would have taken a huge turn in our favor but the Chiefs once again shot themselves in the foot.

5.) Brandon Flowers played one of the worst games I have seen from him. The dropped interception on the last drive that setup the game tying field goal was horrible. Through his hands, right into Ford's hands. He then proceeded to get beat to setup the game winning field goal. Campbell was not afraid to go after Flowers, and rookie Jacoby Ford made him look like an average cornerback instead. I'm sorry, but I expect more out of a guy who is being labeled as "shutdown". Ford had 4 catches for 37 yards all year coming into this game and finished yesterday with 6 for 148 yards.

6.) I gotta pick on Carr too. The play where Jacoby Ford fell on the ground and hauled in a pass at the 8 yard line was terrible. Carr never looked for the ball, he should have easily batted that down.

7.) The defense as a whole had a chance to stop the Raiders from getting a game tying field goal. No timeouts and a minute and a half left. The defense has to get it done there.

8.) Dwayne Bowe's drop on 3rd and long with less than 2 minutes left. He catches that ball, it seals the deal and the Raiders don't get the ball back.

9.) Receiving corps as a whole. The receivers have to get open when they are stacking 8 guys in the box to stop the run. Didn't seem like it was happening.

10.) Matt Cassel doesn't go without blame. The INT before the half is inexcusable and without it we most likely go into the half up 13-0. He also missed some passes that he should have had downfield. His accuracy has to get better.

Too many mistakes on both sides of the ball to win this one. The team we saw yesterday was very reminiscent to me of the one that has haunted me the last 3 years. They need to make a statement next week in Denver. For now, I'm worried.
    Could not agree more. There was so much that happend that hurt this team that Matt Cassle had nothing to do with.

Cassle does have to play better but the WHOLE TEAM has to play better going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    If Studebaker doesn't hold, another 3 points on the board and the Raiders have to score a TD at the end.

If Flowers intercepts that ball, game over.

If Berry doesn't hold, still a possibility that Arenas takes it to the house.

Bowe should have caught that ball, but saying Bowe's mistake was worse than any of these others isn't fair.
    What I am getting at is all that other junk you said would not be important if we just get 1st downs when you have the lead and there is only 2 mins or so in the game and the other team has no timeouts. We failed to seal a game that was WON at that time. I did say that there were alot of things in the game that went wrong but the time I am referring to is the one that could have ended the game and if you cant agree on atleast that then well get mad at all the mistakes and blame a team for not being PERFECT. We overcame our mistakes up to that point and just did not seal the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    What I am getting at is all that other junk you said would not be important if we just get 1st downs when you have the lead and there is only 2 mins or so in the game and the other team has no timeouts. We failed to seal a game that was WON at that time. I did say that there were alot of things in the game that went wrong but the time I am referring to is the one that could have ended the game and if you cant agree on atleast that then well get mad at all the mistakes and blame a team for not being PERFECT. We overcame our mistakes up to that point and just did not seal the win.
    Fair enough. You're still giving a pass to everyone else though. I guess Bowe is the only one that needs to be accountable for mistakes.

All I'm saying is that good teams overcome mistakes. The Chiefs didn't do that yesterday despite having multiple opportunities. If there isn't that holding call on the kick return, the Chiefs are likely up by 10 points at the end of the game and we're not even talking about the Bowe dropped pass.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-08-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast