Bowe Bowe the clown needs to go. All you Cassel haters need to understand he is not the one dropping touchdowns or game winning first downs.
I don't want to get rid of Bowe. I want to get a real number 1 WR and keep bowe. If we have a true number 1 then Bowe can be a good 2nd WR. Look at what he did when we had Tony G. I liked that Bowe. He is just not a number 1 WR in the nfl.
With McCluster out, things are made much worse because now we really have no options but Bowe and Moeaki.
Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory
Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!
stupid post!! yeah and let go of charles cause he didn't run for 150 yards....yeah right!
I don't like it to much when we folks dis' on our own... whether deserv'ed or not. Commentary and critiqueing is one thing, dissing is another... jus' sayin'
I don't think we should get rid of him, because it would be tough for us to get a fair investment back for him. If we could get a decent player or a 2nd round draft choice for him than I'd be all for it. Otherwise I think we should just keep him and look towards finding a true #1 option. Bowe has talent. He's a good football player, he just doesn't come through when it matters. His problem is all mental. I wonder if seeing a sports psychologist might help him.
I have to admit after the Chiefs won the toss in OT, then didn't do anything on their first drive...I left my daughters house and began the 45 minute drive home. I had a gut feeling after all the mistakes that had been made throughout the game, that the Chiefs weren't going to pull out a win.
Did I miss something bad that Bowe did during overtime? The last play I saw involving Bowe was the sweet catch he made for a TD score that gave us the lead towards the end of the game. Our defense failed to prevent Oakland from getting within FG range...had they not, we would've won the game, thanks to Bowes TD catch & Cassels pass.
I noted one missed catch by Bowe, and that wasn't entirely his fault. Cassel threw it short and low, Bowe had to drop to his knees trying to catch it. Yes, it was a catchable ball, but not effortless, and not a well thrown ball by Cassel.
Is it possible as a result of Bowe's missed catches in 2009, that the stigma which resulted has carried over into 2010 and fans are now over critical of him, looking to constantly put the blame on Bowe for a game loss?
Here's why I think we lost:
1) Too many holding penalties, of which called back 10 pts...a FG score and a TD return by Javier.
2) Too many penalties overall, of which some yet again were bad calls by refs, but they made bad calls against the Raiders too, so it balanced out I suppose.
3) Cassel wasn't at his best, made some bad throws. Not sure if some of the bad playcalling was him or coaching.
4) Not converting on third over & over & over again.
5) Defense missed at least two fairly easy catches for interceptions...yep, they missed catches, dropped balls, whatever you want to call it.
6) Defense missed many tackles.
7) Special teams allowed a kickoff return for a Raider TD score.
8) Too many completed passes by Campbell for first downs, pass defense wasn't good enough.
9) Our O-line broke down too many times allowing Cassel to be sacked and his having to run with the ball, which he did well, give him credit for that.
The Chiefs overall as a team lost the game to the Raiders, with or without bad ref calls.
"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"
"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~
Connie I think that missed catch you talk about was for a first down, that most likely would have sealed the game.
I disagree that it was in anyway a hard catch, it was right where it had to be.
A little low (right in his stomach), but that also insured the defender had no chance to get a hand on it. Bowe simply whiffed it, by using insanely poor technique for a receiver..
Seriously.. When making a "belly catch" like that, the ONLY thing you have to do is put your elbows together.. He didn't do that.. I could have made that catch for crying out loud..
It's such a crying shame that Bowe is so inconsistent, because i really think he is trying hard. But I think it is clear that he is just not a no.1 WR or a go to guy.