Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bo Bo the clown needs to leave town

Default Bo Bo the clown needs to leave town

Bowe Bowe the clown needs to go. All you Cassel haters need to understand he is not the one dropping touchdowns or game winning first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    From my point of view...Bowes making that catch was not a guaranteed win, there is no such thing in the NFL...it ain't over till it's over. There was still plenty of time on the clock at that point, anything could've happened, went wrong.
    Actually...

That catch does win the game.

There was 2:20 left on the clock and The Raiders had zero TOs remaining.

If Bowe makes that catch....

:40 seconds until we have to run a play leaves 1:40 on the clock.

1st down, Kneel, 40 more seconds until we have to run another play leaves 1:00.

2nd down, kneel, another 40 seconds gone before a third down snap leaves :20.

3rd down, kneel....which dissolves those last 20 seconds before we have to snap the ball for fourth down.

Game over.

I am not one suggesting that Bowe needs to be gone. I like him. He had just made his TD catch, the previous possession.

But that drop is as big as any he has ever made.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-10-2010 at 07:21 PM.

From my point of view...Bowes making that catch was not a guaranteed win, there is no such thing in the NFL...it ain't over till it's over. There was still plenty of time on the clock at that point, anything could've happened, went wrong.

So you were pissed at Bowe for not making the catch to convert to 1st...but you don't question the risky pass play call in the first place on a 3rd and 1 when we have two of the NFL's top RB's, and nearing the two minute warning with the lead?

We retained the lead after Bowes miss, after that drive...a lead resulting from Bowes TD catch moments earlier. What followed was our defense failed to prevent Oakland from driving to within FG range, making the FG to tie the game. So you don't question our defense at all for allowing that successful FG scoring drive?

See...these are just a few points as to why I'm so confused that many are blaming Bowe alone for the loss? I'm not comprehending the logic behind blaming Bowe for the loss, sorry...just don't get it. :/

If one wants to look at a single play being blamed for the loss, then I would blame the pass play call itself. The way I see it is...had we given the ball to Charles or Jones to rush for that one yard we would've very likely converted on third. Bowe wouldn't have been a factor. Hell, with Haley's history of going for it we might have had even a 2nd shot at it if necessary on 4th, run even more time off the clock. Oakland kicked the FG with only 6 seconds remaining on the clock.

Even Cassel could've jumped for one, he's done it before, in fact did it in the game against Buffalo. He got the first, but then for some dumb reason a time out was called right before Cassel made the play and our first was taken from us. Refs said the time out was called by coaching a second or two before Cassel jumped the pile for the first. We ended up punting then.

Just sayin...'if only'...shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Bowes drop would have made it to were something would had really had to go wrong for us to even give the faiders the ball back. Something that is very rare. And something that I really think happens to much with him

That being said there were tons of other mistakes that cost us that game. Arens fumble,Studebaker holding takeing a field goal off the board,Berrys penalty on Arenas return. This was A KANSAS CITY CHIEFS loss. Not a Matt Cassel loss not a D bowe loss. I 100% agree this is a woulda coulda shoulda game.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    "Hater" seems to be the new code word for gives the slightest criticism to. Especially the Cassel "Hater" comments.

These preemptive strikes do not promote very good discussion in my opinion.
    I agree, "hater" is too strong of a word to use.

That said, Californiachief calling Dwayne Bowe "bo bo the clown"...doesn't promote very good vibes on my side of the PC, LOL.

~virtual tongue still hurts from biting~

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Bowes drop would have made it to were something would had really had to go wrong for us to even give the faiders the ball back. Something that is very rare. And something that I really think happens to much with him

That being said there were tons of other mistakes that cost us that game. Arens fumble,Studebaker holding takeing a field goal off the board,Berrys penalty on Arenas return. This was A KANSAS CITY CHIEFS loss. Not a Matt Cassel loss not a D bowe loss. I 100% agree this is a woulda coulda shoulda game.
    What about the pass play call itself though? No one is mentioning a reason, or opinion...as to why a pass play was called in the first place...

3 and 1, two top NFL RB's capable of converting...nearing the two minute warning, Chiefs lead...risky pass play called to Bowe...?????

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Actually...

That catch does win the game.

There was 2:20 left on the clock and The Raiders had zero TOs remaining.

If Bowe makes that catch....

:40 seconds until we have to run a play leaves 1:40 on the clock.

1st down, Kneel, 40 more seconds until we have to run another play leaves 1:00.

2nd down, kneel, another 40 seconds gone before a third down snap leaves :20.

3rd down, kneel....which dissolves those last 20 seconds before we have to snap the ball for fourth down.

Game over.

I am not one suggesting that Bowe needs to be gone. I like him. He had just made his TD catch, the previous possession.

But that drop is as big as any he has ever made.
    I'll agree with this, I neglected to remember Oakland had no timeouts remaining, which makes a huge difference. However...I still question the pass play to Bowe in the first place, haha.

It appears I've taken on a new Chiefs fan related role...defender of all things Bowe, hahahaha.

~I only hope he doesn't give me many more reasons to defend him, cause it's a tough job!...but somebody's gotta do it, haha~
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 11-10-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added thought

The ironery in all of this is...had Bowe not made the catch for the TD giving us back the lead...his miss on the next drive would'nt have many fans across the internet blaming him for the loss. That entire drive would've been executed differently had we remained behind in score.

Bowe...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Well, the play call was correct too. It was 3rd and 11 at the time.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, the play call was correct too. It was 3rd and 11 at the time.

Sorry.
    Seriously? Apparently my daughters TV cable showing the play stats was missing a 1...cause we were all seeing 3 under down and 1 yard to go. We were all baffled as to why the pass play was called. There were also errors showing timeouts remaining at times. Not sure if it was CBS or her local cable network making errors.

Honestly, I'm not being funny...TV stat box really showed 3 and 1, hahaha. Did anyone else notice that, or notice at times the timeouts were wrong? Also, they were making errors on showing number of penalties and penalty yards...it wouldn't change after half time for quite some time.

Seriously? Apparently my daughters TV cable showing the play stats was missing a 1...cause we were all seeing 3 under down and 1 yard to go. We were all baffled as to why the pass play was called. There were also errors showing timeouts remaining at times. Not sure if it was CBS or her local cable network making errors.

Yeah. It was 3rd and 11.

Penalty gave us 1st and 20, Charles picked up 12 for 2nd and 8, Jones lost three, making it 3rd and 11.

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders - 2010 Week 9

You should be able to scroll down to 2:20 left in the fourth quarter to see it.

Oddly, NFL Replay omitted that possession, as well as the Raiders possesion that preceeded it, following Bowe's TD catch to take the lead.

Also, after Bowe "woulda" caught that pass, the clock would have read about 2:15. Even less than the amount I worked with in the previous post.

But I like Bowe. And the loss is not his fault.

But he had the victory in his grasp, and let it go. Just as Flowers did, just a few plays later.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast