Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bo Bo the clown needs to leave town

Default Bo Bo the clown needs to leave town

Bowe Bowe the clown needs to go. All you Cassel haters need to understand he is not the one dropping touchdowns or game winning first downs.

People, the Chiefs blew the game for a variety of reasons. Not just Cassel, not just Bowe, not just Berry, not just the refs etc. Watching the game, they just blew it from the 2nd QTR on. That's all folks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. It was 3rd and 11.

Penalty gave us 1st and 20, Charles picked up 12 for 2nd and 8, Jones lost three, making it 3rd and 11.

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders - 2010 Week 9

You should be able to scroll down to 2:20 left in the fourth quarter to see it.

Oddly, NFL Replay omitted that possession, as well as the Raiders possesion that preceeded it, following Bowe's TD catch to take the lead.

Also, after Bowe "woulda" caught that pass, the clock would have read about 2:15. Even less than the amount I worked with in the previous post.

But I like Bowe. And the loss is not his fault.

But he had the victory in his grasp, and let it go. Just as Flowers did, just a few plays later.
    I just called my daughter to verify I wasn't losing my mind, lol...she said, "yeah, it showed 3 and 1, don't you remember how upset you and Mike were cause they passed it?" I rely on closed caption because of my hearing loss...I can't hear the announcer's clearly. Anyway, that resolves my questioning why the pass play was called, cause yeah, no choice with 11 yards to go but to pass. pfffffft :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    People, the Chiefs blew the game for a variety of reasons. Not just Cassel, not just Bowe, not just Berry, not just the refs etc. Watching the game, they just blew it from the 2nd QTR on. That's all folks.
    Absolutely correct!! :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    What about the pass play call itself though? No one is mentioning a reason, or opinion...as to why a pass play was called in the first place...

3 and 1, two top NFL RB's capable of converting...nearing the two minute warning, Chiefs lead...risky pass play called to Bowe...?????
    I didn't love the play call at all either. But at the same time I can't say that I hate it. Our running game was not going like it had been all year. And hey Bowe had a chance to make a play. But I would have ran the football there for sure.

The last two games are showing the importance of McCluster. Stats just don't tell the whole story.

Without the threat of McCluster, the Raiders stacked the line and dared us to try passing to our incredibly slow receivers. If McCluster is in the formation, the Raiders don't know what's coming.

It's becoming apparent that we need a weapon at WR and bad. Preferably someone who can run decent routes and can stretch defenses. McCluster reminds me of Kimble Anders or Darren Sproles, not a top WR.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree, "hater" is too strong of a word to use.

That said, Californiachief calling Dwayne Bowe "bo bo the clown"...doesn't promote very good vibes on my side of the PC, LOL.

~virtual tongue still hurts from biting~
    I suppose I am a bit sparse on praise sometimes since I've seen so many really good Chiefs teams come up short. However, I believe this team, as a whole, can be better and will be better. In fact, I believe it has the potential for being a great team.

Given that, I will check my own negative attitude at the door. You're right Connie, let's go easy on the vindictives. These could be the players that, dare I jinx it, win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    The last two games are showing the importance of McCluster. Stats just don't tell the whole story.

Without the threat of McCluster, the Raiders stacked the line and dared us to try passing to our incredibly slow receivers. If McCluster is in the formation, the Raiders don't know what's coming.

It's becoming apparent that we need a weapon at WR and bad. Preferably someone who can run decent routes and can stretch defenses. McCluster reminds me of Kimble Anders or Darren Sproles, not a top WR.
    Completely agree Mccluster is a threat I hope we can get him in more as a slot receiver and I would like to pick up a speedy WR in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I suppose I am a bit sparse on praise sometimes since I've seen so many really good Chiefs teams come up short. However, I believe this team, as a whole, can be better and will be better. In fact, I believe it has the potential for being a great team.

Given that, I will check my own negative attitude at the door. You're right Connie, let's go easy on the vindictives. These could be the players that, dare I jinx it, win it all.
    Well, thing is...with my at times overly loyal personality, making fun of one of our Chiefs by calling them a name, like 'bo bo the clown', is darn near equal to calling one of my kids a name, hahaha. I'm almost as protective and defensive of our Chiefs as I am my kids too, lol.

When something, or someone...has been a part of your life for as long as the Chiefs have been mine...in a sense they do become family. They're in my life daily, even during the off season. The players come and go, but they're still our Chiefs.
    I'll be the first to admit and criticize poor play, but do so retaining respect for the team I've been loyal to since I was a kid, more or less.

I have very good feelings about this team also, more so than the Vermeil team. Last team I remember feeling this positive about would've been mid 90's...with Montana. I felt good about the 97 team, but with Gannon leading, not Grbac.

I believe our Chiefs lost heart when they lost DT (RIP). They had good offensive years, but the heart was missing during the Vermeil years. I'm seeing heart on the field with this team, both sides of the ball. I believe we're on the road to bringing the Lombardi home...if not this year, possibly next...but I believe in this team.

I'm a firm believer in keeping a team together as much as possible when good things are developing. I think it's important for consistent play and Super Bowl contention more than just one lucky year. Thankfully Pioli seems much wiser as a GM than CP...because it appears he is willing to keep this team together...considering he negotiated keeping DJ. :)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345