Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 quick reasons Bowe is a good WR

Default 3 quick reasons Bowe is a good WR

1) Even though the Chiefs are a powerhouse running team and like to throw the ball as little as possible Dwayne Bowe has the 4th most TD's out of any WR's or TE's in the NFL

2) Dwayne Bowe flat out secures the ball better then about any number one WR. He only has one fumble in his whole 4 year career, Andre Johnson has 3 in the last 4 years, Fitzgerald has 4 in 4 years, and Randy moss has 3 in 4 years, I could go on and on but I just wanted to throw pro-bowl names out for comparison. Holding onto the ball is very important. I would rather have a WR drop a ball then to catch it and then fumble it.

3) Yards after carry, Dwayne Bowe is hard to take down . Fitzgerald averages 3.5 yac, Andre Johnson is a stud 4.9 yac, Randy Moss 3.9, Dwayne Bowe 4.6. Out of this group of future HOF's Bowe comes in second not too shabby.

Dwayne Bowe clearly has a lot of talent, he needs to catch more balls I think everyone can agree, but to say the man is horrible or needs to be cut as some of you have said is just ignorant. Bowe might not be a number one guy but he is a very good number two guy and I think we should keep him, he is a red zone threat and while he doesn't make all the catches, but he does great things when the ball gets into his hands. Ease off the guy he doesn't seem like a bad person, and he really seems to be trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    He's gonna get there...he's missed by far less catches this year than last!

Brandon (Spano) made a comment at Facebook that I'd not thought about related to Bowe. He noted Bowe didn't have the missing catch problem in 2007 his rookie year. I thought about that, and I don't think he had it in 2008 either. It began last year, 2009...his first year with Cassel & Haley.

I have to wonder if possibly his WR technique was/is being coached differently working with a new QB and Haley? Possibly the personal throwing style of Cassel is affecting Bowes sight line on incoming balls? Possibly it's a timing issue with judging incoming balls? I'm just not sure, but it does seem odd that the issues began with a change of QB and Coach.

One thing I know for sure is it appears Cassel and Bowe have a good brotherly like relationship, respect for one another, willingness to work together improving consistency. This is important and necessary to improve their QB to WR game. His teammates all seem to love him too!

I hate to disagree with you, but Bowe had a lot of dropped passes in 08, despite a decent year overall. He dropped 13, which is one more than the 12 he dropped in 09.

I can't remember how many he had in 07. I know he dropped a few, but most of them were late in the year. Anyway, it's nothing to do with who's coaching or QBing, it's all about Bowe's concentration.

That said, I also disagree with Bowe being a #1 receiver. I know you're supportive of him, and I'm not saying kick him off the team. I think he's a #2 receiver in the league, and it's not just because of the drops. He lacks break-away speed and isn't a great route runner.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    What does puberty have to do with it?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    1) Even though the Chiefs are a powerhouse running team and like to throw the ball as little as possible Dwayne Bowe has the 4th most TD's out of any WR's or TE's in the NFL

2) Dwayne Bowe flat out secures the ball better then about any number one WR. He only has one fumble in his whole 4 year career, Andre Johnson has 3 in the last 4 years, Fitzgerald has 4 in 4 years, and Randy moss has 3 in 4 years, I could go on and on but I just wanted to throw pro-bowl names out for comparison. Holding onto the ball is very important. I would rather have a WR drop a ball then to catch it and then fumble it.

3) Yards after carry, Dwayne Bowe is hard to take down . Fitzgerald averages 3.5 yac, Andre Johnson is a stud 4.9 yac, Randy Moss 3.9, Dwayne Bowe 4.6. Out of this group of future HOF's Bowe comes in second not too shabby.

Dwayne Bowe clearly has a lot of talent, he needs to catch more balls I think everyone can agree, but to say the man is horrible or needs to be cut as some of you have said is just ignorant. Bowe might not be a number one guy but he is a very good number two guy and I think we should keep him, he is a red zone threat and while he doesn't make all the catches, but he does great things when the ball gets into his hands. Ease off the guy he doesn't seem like a bad person, and he really seems to be trying.
    Some pretty sweet reasons!

Bowe's a good reciever. He just needs to be more consistent.

Don't get me wrong I have been hard on his play but I need to see him make that clutch play that seems to big for him. I like Bowe but think he and marty schottenheimer may be related on the family tree of choaking! imho

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Don't get me wrong I have been hard on his play but I need to see him make that clutch play that seems to big for him. I like Bowe but think he and marty schottenheimer may be related on the family tree of choaking! imho
    Thats the difference between a GOOD receiver and a GREAT one. Bowe is a GOOD receiver.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I hate to disagree with you, but Bowe had a lot of dropped passes in 08, despite a decent year overall. He dropped 13, which is one more than the 12 he dropped in 09.

I can't remember how many he had in 07. I know he dropped a few, but most of them were late in the year. Anyway, it's nothing to do with who's coaching or QBing, it's all about Bowe's concentration.

That said, I also disagree with Bowe being a #1 receiver. I know you're supportive of him, and I'm not saying kick him off the team. I think he's a #2 receiver in the league, and it's not just because of the drops. He lacks break-away speed and isn't a great route runner.
    In his first year, I don't think many people were as critical of his missed catches, and he had quite a few. The reason is that he was a rookie and he was expected to make rookie mistakes.

Even in his second year, he would get a pass then too, it is only fair.

But in his third year, you should expect to see some improvement and what we saw was a reversal.

Some aspects of his game has improved, no doubt about that, but we need the fundamentals to be solid. He needs to know and run the routes, he needs to catch the ball. He needs to stop show-boating and prove himself. He needs to shut up and concentrate on his job.

When he does these things, he can then start to win some of us back.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Your right, he is good....Not great, like what he has the ability to be.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I like Bowe.

But you have to understand why people get so upset with him.

He is expected to catch easy passes, and even tough one's routinely.

When he drops passes that would have such a major impact in a game, and adds to the criticism of his quarterback, (who is having a better year than Bowe) fans are going to take notice.

And when it happens frequently, the frustration will pile up.

Alot of WRs have had problems while young, only to solve them and become consistent, top-notch WRs.

I definitely don't want to see him shipped out. But I understand the frustration that many have with him.

I do think that D Bowe is a good NFL WR. But I do think that he needs someone eles that is a threat to the defense to go along with him. If we get someone that's a threat to the D then he will be at his best.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast