Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3 quick reasons Bowe is a good WR

Default 3 quick reasons Bowe is a good WR

1) Even though the Chiefs are a powerhouse running team and like to throw the ball as little as possible Dwayne Bowe has the 4th most TD's out of any WR's or TE's in the NFL

2) Dwayne Bowe flat out secures the ball better then about any number one WR. He only has one fumble in his whole 4 year career, Andre Johnson has 3 in the last 4 years, Fitzgerald has 4 in 4 years, and Randy moss has 3 in 4 years, I could go on and on but I just wanted to throw pro-bowl names out for comparison. Holding onto the ball is very important. I would rather have a WR drop a ball then to catch it and then fumble it.

3) Yards after carry, Dwayne Bowe is hard to take down . Fitzgerald averages 3.5 yac, Andre Johnson is a stud 4.9 yac, Randy Moss 3.9, Dwayne Bowe 4.6. Out of this group of future HOF's Bowe comes in second not too shabby.

Dwayne Bowe clearly has a lot of talent, he needs to catch more balls I think everyone can agree, but to say the man is horrible or needs to be cut as some of you have said is just ignorant. Bowe might not be a number one guy but he is a very good number two guy and I think we should keep him, he is a red zone threat and while he doesn't make all the catches, but he does great things when the ball gets into his hands. Ease off the guy he doesn't seem like a bad person, and he really seems to be trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I do understand why they're upset, and I get upset with Bowe when he doesn't make those catches too. I agree he is expected to make them, and should make most, especially knowing he has the ability to make them. My upset is more related to his being solely blamed for the loss, many fans wanting to be rid of him as a Chief, bashing and calling him names...which I think is unfair, & undeserved, respectively. I believe he is an asset and attempted to point out why, all the positive contributions he makes to the Chiefs, including with winning games.

Considering how horrible many of the Chiefs played against the Raiders, and as a team overall, they deserved to lose that game, as a team, but not because of Bowe. The Raiders deserved to lose too, the Chiefs could've, and should've taken advantage of how bad the Raiders were playing, but instead they played just as bad. :(
    I honestly don't think we played poorly in that game.

The Raiders played very tough against the run and stuffed on third down alot.

Beyond that, there were some big plays that were almost miracles, some poor officiating, and a few terribly timed miscues, that really costed us a win.

That game really didn't hurt my confidence in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    .Dwayne Bowe clearly has a lot of talent, he needs to catch more balls I think everyone can agree, but to say the man is horrible or needs to be cut as some of you have said is just ignorant. Bowe might not be a number one guy but he is a very good number two guy and I think we should keep him, he is a red zone threat and while he doesn't make all the catches, but he does great things when the ball gets into his hands. Ease off the guy he doesn't seem like a bad person, and he really seems to be trying.

The same could be said for Matt Cassel then wouldn't you agree....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    He is one of the better receivers in this league. He's not going to garner "top" WR respect until he quits dropping balls.
    Nor should he. Part of me thinks this is a coaching issue. I would have him on the Jugs machine catching balls for the entire practice and make his TEAM stop practice and run sprints every time he dropped a pass. Call him out in front of his teammates. Peer pressure is a powerful thing on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I honestly don't think we played poorly in that game.

The Raiders played very tough against the run and stuffed on third down alot.

Beyond that, there were some big plays that were almost miracles, some poor officiating, and a few terribly timed miscues, that really costed us a win.

That game really didn't hurt my confidence in this team.
    I agree with post entirely. We tried to find ways to lose this game. And finally we did. In overtime. By a field goal. On the road. Against the 2nd place team.

The Chiefs would have won by 2 TD's if they didn't beat themselves. Eliminate the mental mistakes and the Chiefs will be in good shape. Oakland doesn't scare me one bit. They are who I thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    The same could be said for Matt Cassel then wouldn't you agree....
    Nobody said Matt Cassel is a bad guy. People say D-bowe has a bad attitude, is a diva, and a pre-madonna. Also people including myself have complained about Cassel, but I have never called for him to be cut mid season or benched this season, people have said to cut Bowe or bench him etc. Plus in my opinon Bowe is a much better WR then Matt Cassel is a QB.

Plus in my opinon Bowe is a much better WR then Matt Cassel is a QB.
    That would make for an interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That would make for an interesting thread.
    you do it then, I don't wanna read 30 pages of why I'm a dummy and why bowe sucks and Cassel is a younger taller version of Joe Montana.

you do it then, I don't wanna read 30 pages of why I'm a dummy and why bowe sucks and Cassel is a younger taller version of Joe Montana.
    Me either, but I'm sure it would be a popular thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Me either, but I'm sure it would be a popular thread.
    I'll make a poll

Bowe drops too many balls to be considered a good reciever. I hope he improves - as he is who we have.
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234