View Poll Results: Is Bowe a better WR or is Cassel a better QB?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bowe is better

10 32.26%
  • Cassel is better

21 67.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is better at their job?

Default Who is better at their job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    It's close, I voted Cassel. He just makes less mistakes.
    Same. Bowe has dropped too many critical passes recently.

Bowe is one of the best WR's in the league on 1st down. He is the worst WR in the league on 3rd down. Some people excel under pressure, but some people are Dwayne Bowe.

im picking the lesser of the 2 eveils, causze cassell isnt the ones who dropped 3 game winning passes this year. we'd be 7-1 if not for Bowe

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I voted for Bowe and I thought about it like this. If Bowe was on a team like the Colts he would be a pro-bowler for sure, if you put Cassel as the QB of the Colts he would throw a lot more int because they are a throwing team look like an average at best maybe less then average qb. As you see from last week when Cassel has to throw the ball to win it doesn't happen he chokes, but we all have our opinion.
    I respect your opinion. Bowe has alot of very big positives to him.

But that comparison couldn't possibly be more biased.

You put Bowe in the most WR-friendly offense that I can imagine. But you put Cassel in a position to have to try and replace Payton Manning.

I think, if you put Cassel in a QB-friendly offense, things look a whole lot better for him.

Maybe... The Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I respect your opinion. Bowe has alot of very big positives to him.

But that comparison couldn't possibly be more biased.

You put Bowe in the most WR-friendly offense that I can imagine. But you put Cassel in a position to have to try and replace Payton Manning.

I think, if you put Cassel in a QB-friendly offense, things look a whole lot better for him.

Maybe... The Patriots?
    The Colts have one of the best lines in the league and very solid WR's and two great TE's if Cassel can't be a a pro-bowler there he isn't a good QB.

The Colts have one of the best lines in the league and very solid WR's and two great TE's if Cassel can't be a a pro-bowler there he isn't a good QB.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Ok.

Great rebuttal. Everyone is entitled to their opinon but when you challenge mine, have something to back it up with. Then when you get exposed, you put "LOL" which makes me further you think you are a child or just act like one on the internet. Austin Colie, Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne are all good WR's, Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme are both incredible TE's and Peyton has only been sacked 10 times in 8 games.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 11-14-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Great rebuttal. Everyone is entitled to their opinon but when you challenge mine, have something to back it up with. Then when you get exposed, you put "LOL" which makes me further you think you are a child or just act like one on the internet. Austin Colie, Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne are all good WR's, Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme are both incredible TE's and Peyton has only been sacked 10 times in 8 games.
    I have something...

How about Payton Manning?

He does it with, or without any of the current players at WR, TE, or O-line.

Want proof? Look back at the last decade.

Payton Manning is The Colts' offense. Everyone else, no matter who it has been, has been along for the ride.

I have something else....

Matt Cassel with The Patriots.

The point is, why would you choose The Colts, when The Patriots actually had Cassel start for them?

I know why. You want Bowe to look good, so you place him on the team that makes WRs look good. And The Patriots made Cassel look good, which is not what you are looking for.

By the way...

What's with your fascination with internet/children?

The fact that I think your opinion couldn't be more biased if you tried harder, is not something that would be exclusive to children.

The vast majority of the NFL-watching world knows that there is no better place to be a receiver, on this planet, than with Payton Manning.

To overlook The Patriots, where Cassel's performance does not have to be speculated upon, in favor of the WR-friendliest team around for a decade, is as clear-cut bias as can be found.

Is it possible that you wanted to be able to speculate about how Cassel would do, instead of looking at what he actually has done?

The colts analogy is pretty flawed, but w/e. At least this poll is bringing some enlightening conversation to the forefront. I looked at it like this....D-Bowe is an ok solid reciever, but he is our number one WR. If we put him on any other team, on most teams he would be at best a number 2 wr possibly off the bench. Cassell on the other hand, if we traded him to any other team..he would probably be the starting quarterback on most teams. That, to me, best explains who is better at their "job".

If u want to look at it from another angle..there is no secret what kind of team the Chiefs are or try to be. Limit mistakes, control the clock and run it down the other teams throat. WHo is doing a better job Cassel or Bowe? Cassell hardly turns the ball over, doesnt take unnecessary risks, doesnt take many sacks which impacts field position greatly, and is surprisingly efficient in 2 minute offense. Bowe on the other hand, struggles to get open matched up vs. the other teams top corner. He drops crucial touchdown passes and key 1st down conversions. Doesnt have the speed to get vertical and make teams double him, preventing them from stacking the box so often. Seems like a clear choice who does better at their "job", either in this KC system or on any other team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123