Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least some good from todays loss! A long time record tied!!

Hybrid View

Default At least some good from todays loss! A long time record tied!!

Our Chiefs suffered another heartbreaking rival loss to Denver. There is some good in the bad...both Denver and Oakland have yet to come to Arrowhead. Hopefully the stadium will sell out, the crowd will be amped as Denver & Raider fans were...and we will have our payback time!! GO CHIEFS!!!

I would normally be very upset right now at the loss, and I am upset we lost...but something historic happened in today's game that brings a great big smile to my face.

DENVER -- There is at least some sunshine for Kansas City on a day where it looks like the Chiefs will fall into a first-place tie with Oakland with a 5-4 record. The Chiefs have been in first place all season.

Kansas City just cut Denver’s lead to 42-17 with 2:22 left in the third quarter on a 15-yard pass from
    Matt Cassel to Dwayne Bowe.

It marked the fifth straight game Bowe has scored a touchdown pass in. It tied a team record held by Chris Burford (1962) and Otis Taylor (1966).

I knew it had been a long time since the Chiefs had a WR as exciting as Dwayne Bowe...but I had no idea it had been THAT long!!

Congrats to one of, if not my favorite current Chiefs player...Dwayne Bowe!! He gave me something to smile about in today's game!! I'm grateful for that!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Congrats to Bowe!

The guy takes so much grief I hope this fact doesn't go unnoticed in the media this week.

If it would have been a game clinching TD pass he would have dropped it.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Exactly my point

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I want Bowe to figure it out and be a great reciever. I just couldn't help but think every time he caught a pass today,"I would trade it for the one he dropped last week."
    Chiefs in 2011

Well, it's not going un-noticed altogether, since the above was a copy/paste from a news wire, and I've read it elsewhere as well.

Y'all can see Bowe negatively no matter what, ignore today's game accomplishments, that's your perogative. For me...I cope by attempting to find good in bad, in all aspects of life, including Chiefs. Bowes remarkable career record high game today, as well as tying a Chiefs historic record...is my good in a bad Chiefs day.

As speculated, it won't matter what Bowe does that's career or game exceptional, he won't be given credit for it, nor acknowledged by some. Bowe will never be perfect, neither was Jerry Rice, nor any other great WR...they all missed catches too, including critical ones...it happens to the best.

There is good in today's loss against the Bronco's. That good is both Cassel and Bowe had career record days, and Bowe tied a record that had not been tied in more than 40 years...that's a pretty big deal when it's been that long. The only other WR's to set that Chiefs record were Chris Buford and Otis Taylor. As well, Cassel and Bowe showed they can make a great QB & WR duo putting up the numbers. Hopefully the brotherly relationship they seem to have developed both on & off the field will continue to evolve and be of benefit in more games with numbers similar to what they were today.

We embarrassed the Bronco's the season finale 2009 at their house, and took away their wild card hope. This was our payback today...it happens like that in the NFL sometimes. Well, they have to come to OUR HOUSE next...we will have our opportunity to pay them back as well.

Football is like every other aspect of life...there is always light to be seen, that is if one is willing to look beyond the darkness for the light. I choose to seek that light, rather than dwell in the darkness, that's all. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 11-14-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typo *Chris*

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, it's not going un-noticed altogether, since the above was a copy/paste from a news wire, and I've read it elsewhere as well.

Y'all can see Bowe negatively no matter what, ignore today's game accomplishments, that's your perogative. For me...I cope by attempting to find good in bad, in all aspects of life, including Chiefs. Bowes remarkable career record high game today, as well as tying a Chiefs historic record...is my good in a bad Chiefs day.

As speculated, it won't matter what Bowe does that's career or game exceptional, he won't be given credit for it, nor acknowledged by some. Bowe will never be perfect, neither was Jerry Rice, nor any other great WR...they all missed catches too, including critical ones...it happens to the best.

There is good in today's loss against the Bronco's. That good is both Cassel and Bowe had career record days, and Bowe tied a record that had not been tied in more than 40 years...that's a pretty big deal when it's been that long. The only other WR's to set that Chiefs record were Chris Buford and Otis Taylor. As well, Cassel and Bowe showed they can make a great QB & WR duo putting up the numbers. Hopefully the brotherly relationship they seem to have developed both on & off the field will continue to evolve and be of benefit in more games with numbers similar to what they were today.

We embarrassed the Bronco's the season finale 2009 at their house, and took away their wild card hope. This was our payback today...it happens like that in the NFL sometimes. Well, they have to come to OUR HOUSE next...we will have our opportunity to pay them back as well.

Football is like every other aspect of life...there is always light to be seen, that is if one is willing to look beyond the darkness for the light. I choose to seek that light, rather than dwell in the darkness, that's all. :)
    I agree Cassel stepped up in the second half and Bowe was brilliant the whole game, but most people on this site have a serious hate for Bowe and think he can do no good. Bowe could have 500 yards and 10 td's and they would still talk smack on him.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    I agree Cassel stepped up in the second half and Bowe was brilliant the whole game, but most people on this site have a serious hate for Bowe and think he can do no good. Bowe could have 500 yards and 10 td's and they would still talk smack on him.
    The reason he is so frustrating is days like today. He shows us he has the skills to be great, and then he drops critical passes in close games.
    It's not personal, I hope he has many more huge games, but in wins, or at least competitive games.
    Chiefs in 2011

The reason he is so frustrating is days like today. He shows us he has the skills to be great, and then he drops critical passes in close games.
    It's not personal, I hope he has many more huge games, but in wins, or at least competitive games.
    At least your consistent you ***** when he drops the ball then you ***** when he doesn't drop it. Either way your gonna *****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast