Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't get it twisted

Default Don't get it twisted

Our defense lost this game for us. You can't pin it on Cassel or Bowe this week they both played very well, Bowe the whole game and Cassell 3/4's of it. Cassel struggled early but he impressed me he after that fumble I was so pissed at him, but he stepped up like a man took some hits but he kept at it. Bowe made a HOF cb look like a lil boy putting up almost 200 yards and 2 td's. Our offense played good enough to win. Our defense is what cost us the game. Don't get me wrong I am not happy with some things on offense. Our line got exposed badly which is what me and Mr. Dempsey have been *****ing about since the draft, but our offense is capable. If you can score nearly 30 points in a game you should be win the game. We got 7 TD's scored on us that is embarrassing! That's nearly double what Al Bundy scored in a game at Polk high school.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Do you expect Cassel to put up 50+ points?

p.s. anyone see the irony in me defending Cassel.
    Yes, and while he's at it he needs to step up his defense and quit giving up so many points. He also needs to run the ball a lot better...1.5 ypc isn't going to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This Cassel hatred is hilarious. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. At the beginning of the year everyone is complaining about him, mainly because he wasn't putting up big numbers. Well that's pretty hard to do when you have the first ranked running attack. Yesterday our running attack gets stuffed for the second straight game in a row and Cassel steps up and plays lights out. Let's not forget the running game getting stuffed again with a yard to go. But Cassel's effort wasn't good enough because he didn't throw for 8 TDs.

If the Chiefs were hypothetically to win a Super Bowl, it would be because of everyone but Cassel. But as long as we lose, it's Cassel's fault. Succop's missed field goal and the inability to punch it in from the 1 yard line -- 10 points right there.
    Exactly!!! There's QBs that will NEVER throw for 469 yards in a game in their career. But Cassel does it and there's excuse after excuse after excuse on why he did.

As for the fumble, I wouldn't put the blame on him for that either. The defender had a completely wide open lane at him and wasn't even touched. Any time that happens, 9 out of 10 times, he's getting the sack and/or fumble.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

This Cassel hatred is hilarious. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. At the beginning of the year everyone is complaining about him, mainly because he wasn't putting up big numbers. Well that's pretty hard to do when you have the first ranked running attack. Yesterday our running attack gets stuffed for the second straight game in a row and Cassel steps up and plays lights out. Let's not forget the running game getting stuffed again with a yard to go. But Cassel's effort wasn't good enough because he didn't throw for 8 TDs.

If the Chiefs were hypothetically to win a Super Bowl, it would be because of everyone but Cassel. But as long as we lose, it's Cassel's fault. Succop's missed field goal and the inability to punch it in from the 1 yard line -- 10 points right there.
    He played lights out when the game was out of hand. He was just as inept as the rest of the team for most of the first half. But lets pretend like that's not what has been echoed time and time again. Also, it's not because of his numbers that we're down on him, which has also been said repeatedly. It's the way in which he gets them. Constantly overthrowing, underthrowing, looking panicked and frustrated, relying on his receivers to make him look good. Whereas guys like Rivers, Orton and the obvious greats have been able to do it with less than stellar supporting casts.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Exactly!!! There's QBs that will NEVER throw for 469 yards in a game in their career. But Cassel does it and there's excuse after excuse after excuse on why he did.

As for the fumble, I wouldn't put the blame on him for that either. The defender had a completely wide open lane at him and wasn't even touched. Any time that happens, 9 out of 10 times, he's getting the sack and/or fumble.
    Exactly...like I said, all Richardson's fault, so much that he got pulled in favor of O'Callaghan later in the game. I mean I'm not going to be completely oblivious and say Cassel shouldn't share part of the blame for that. But the majority of the people on this site want a quarterback that is perfect and never makes any mistakes. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Just saw that Cassel is 5th in TD passes this year, behind Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Not bad for a quarterback in a run-first offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    He played lights out when the game was out of hand. He was just as inept as the rest of the team for most of the first half. But lets pretend like that's not what has been echoed time and time again. Also, it's not because of his numbers that we're down on him, which has also been said repeatedly. It's the way in which he gets them. Constantly overthrowing, underthrowing, looking panicked and frustrated, relying on his receivers to make him look good. Whereas guys like Rivers, Orton and the obvious greats have been able to do it with less than stellar supporting casts.
    Right, because the Chiefs wide receivers are among the best in the league.

Cassel did play well even in the first half. The Chiefs had 10 points after the first half, and left another 10 points out on the field that you can't pin on Cassel. 17 of those Cassel drove the team down the field to get (the other 3 were Berry). The Chiefs stellar run game once again got stuffed from 1 yard away (remember it happening 3 times last week?). Last I checked and 17 points in one half is pretty good. Cassel was 3/5 for 46 yards in the first quarter, before the game was out of hand and had a big play on the third down that was negated by a penalty on Charles.

The defense didn't get one single stop in the first half, don't sit there and blame Cassel. Watch ANY quarterback that played yesterday and you will see no shortage of underthrows and overthrows. No quarterback puts every pass on the money.

Exactly...like I said, all Richardson's fault, so much that he got pulled in favor of O'Callaghan later in the game. I mean I'm not going to be completely oblivious and say Cassel shouldn't share part of the blame for that. But the majority of the people on this site want a quarterback that is perfect and never makes any mistakes. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Just saw that Cassel is 5th in TD passes this year, behind Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Not bad for a quarterback in a run-first offense.
    Yeah he is only 3 TD passes behind the most in the NFL. But an even better stat to support that is he only has 4 interceptions.

All these BLIND people keep saying Cassel got his numbers cuz the "game was over". WRONG!!!! Watch the game again. Denver NEVER let up. They continued to blitz and put pressure on Cassel. Did you even notice that NONE of the starters came out of the game? And why you ask? Because if you recall, the Chiefs crushed them last year in Denver and this was their payback. They didn't wanna let up and wanted to do what we did to them.

Most of the time a QB is trying to get his team back on track and throws 50+ times, he's throwing 1 or 2 interceptions. Funny cuz Cassel threw ZERO!

Fact is, no matter what Cassel does, 90% of the people on here who simply don't like Cassel will never give him any credit no matter what he does.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Yeah he is only 3 TD passes behind the most in the NFL. But an even better stat to support that is he only has 4 interceptions.

All these BLIND people keep saying Cassel got his numbers cuz the "game was over". WRONG!!!! Watch the game again. Denver NEVER let up. They continued to blitz and put pressure on Cassel. Did you even notice that NONE of the starters came out of the game? And why you ask? Because if you recall, the Chiefs crushed them last year in Denver and this was their payback. They didn't wanna let up and wanted to do what we did to them.

Most of the time a QB is trying to get his team back on track and throws 50+ times, he's throwing 1 or 2 interceptions. Funny cuz Cassel threw ZERO!

Fact is, no matter what Cassel does, 90% of the people on here who simply don't like Cassel will never give him any credit no matter what he does.
    Right on...Had to go back and look too. Cassel was 12/16 for 169 yards and a touchdown in the first half. Again, one of the bright spots of the first half. He did have the fumble, but let's face it, we were down 28-0 at that point and had already left 10 points on the field.

I don't even know what we are arguing about! Look at the numbers from yesterday, Cassell was the best player on the field for our Chiefs! Is it always the case? Nope, it was yesterday, give him his props he deserves. He played a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    LOL I don't hate Cassel just didn't agree with him being picked up in the situation we did and haven't been a fan. Today he did nothing wrong in my eyes peyton manning couldn't have won that game for us. Our defense was non existent. Didn't notice the Jackson thing, but details like that are easy to overlook when you have a bag over your head.

IS THAT SANTA WITH A CHIEFS SWEATSHIRT ON?

The whole Cassel preemptive strike thing is getting old. Ever week it's a "Cassel's being picked on again" thread. On the whole, Cassel is not being treated any more roughly than any other player.

However, the defense lost the game for us - is there any doubt about that?

I thought Bowe and Cassel played better but this game is not a good test (all points coming after we are down 35 points) of their abilities. Most disappointing to me was our inability to run the ball. Our OL played terribly. Cassel made some mistakes but tried to rally the team ... he gets big points for that in my book.

I'll go back and hide in my corner now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast