Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Don't get it twisted

Default Don't get it twisted

Our defense lost this game for us. You can't pin it on Cassel or Bowe this week they both played very well, Bowe the whole game and Cassell 3/4's of it. Cassel struggled early but he impressed me he after that fumble I was so pissed at him, but he stepped up like a man took some hits but he kept at it. Bowe made a HOF cb look like a lil boy putting up almost 200 yards and 2 td's. Our offense played good enough to win. Our defense is what cost us the game. Don't get me wrong I am not happy with some things on offense. Our line got exposed badly which is what me and Mr. Dempsey have been *****ing about since the draft, but our offense is capable. If you can score nearly 30 points in a game you should be win the game. We got 7 TD's scored on us that is embarrassing! That's nearly double what Al Bundy scored in a game at Polk high school.

Quote Originally Posted by KCdrummer View Post
    Yeah, they just scored at will pretty much the whole game.

Exactly, they couldn't stop the run or the pass. To say the defense didn't get off the bus suggests that they got on it in the first place.

Ive been a big critic of Cassels, but he came out in the second half and playe a good game. I do think Weis needs to implement more shotgun packages for him, and not just when were down by that much. He was clearly a more effective passer when the field is spread out and hes wasnt behind center, as he also showed us when he was in New England. Plus it will give him and our o-line a little extra time, which is never a bad thing with they have ben playing. With how our running game has been shut down and figured out the past few weeks, I think it would be a good time to alter our offense a bit to help everyone out. Once we get Dex back healthy, him and Charles would have no trouble at all finding a mismatch with the field spread. And we know how successful Charls has been running the draw trap out of the gun, so the threat of the run is never off of the field.

As fas as our defense goes, I thought we just looked really slow. Romeo called a very bland game too. Not nealy enough blitzes. I think whatever we do in the offseason we need another pass rusher in a bad bad way.

basically in so many words, I dont like what coordiantors have been doing the past two weeks. They need to step their game up

maybe this was a wake up call for cassel and bowe, i hope now they will live up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    maybe this was a wake up call for cassel and bowe, i hope now they will live up to expectations.

I hope it was a wake up call for Crenell. He did not have the defense ready at all; it was a total defensive failure not just the D-line, LB's or Secondary.

yes "ill prepared" seems to be the case for the defense. as for the offense after the bad start with nearly 500 yds should not they have scored 50pts??? just a dismal coaching performance for the big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    yes "ill prepared" seems to be the case for the defense. as for the offense after the bad start with nearly 500 yds should not they have scored 50pts??? just a dismal coaching performance for the big 3.
    ...This!

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    I do think Weis needs to implement more shotgun packages for him, and not just when were down by that much. He was clearly a more effective passer when the field is spread out and hes wasnt behind center, as he also showed us when he was in New England. Plus it will give him and our o-line a little extra time, which is never a bad thing with they have ben playing. of the field.
    I hadn't thought of this but it is a really good point. The NE offense runs much more out of the gun than we do.

Also, makes sense because it is no secret that one of the things the Chiefs staff has been working with Cassel on is his footwork. Being in the gun takes this somewhat out of the occasion. Also, I think that some of our runs are more effective out of the gun...seems like we did more of that last season when Charles was huge...

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I hadn't thought of this but it is a really good point. The NE offense runs much more out of the gun than we do.

Also, makes sense because it is no secret that one of the things the Chiefs staff has been working with Cassel on is his footwork. Being in the gun takes this somewhat out of the occasion. Also, I think that some of our runs are more effective out of the gun...seems like we did more of that last season when Charles was huge...
    Maybe its just me but it seems like they do run a lot of shotgun packages. Seems like we run a lot out of it too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345