Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't get it twisted

Default Don't get it twisted

Our defense lost this game for us. You can't pin it on Cassel or Bowe this week they both played very well, Bowe the whole game and Cassell 3/4's of it. Cassel struggled early but he impressed me he after that fumble I was so pissed at him, but he stepped up like a man took some hits but he kept at it. Bowe made a HOF cb look like a lil boy putting up almost 200 yards and 2 td's. Our offense played good enough to win. Our defense is what cost us the game. Don't get me wrong I am not happy with some things on offense. Our line got exposed badly which is what me and Mr. Dempsey have been *****ing about since the draft, but our offense is capable. If you can score nearly 30 points in a game you should be win the game. We got 7 TD's scored on us that is embarrassing! That's nearly double what Al Bundy scored in a game at Polk high school.

Come on Cassell haters! He played a great game! It does not matter what D he faced, he had a great game! We asked him to throw the ball and he did very well! Almost 500 yards and 4 TD's, show me another QB this week that had the same numbers! The previous poster is right, Peyton could not have won this game for us! Our D was embarrassed, Romeo should be ashamed, our D should be embarrassed, and we need to get back on track now! We finally get back home, and hopefully it will jump start this very inconsistent team. Chiefs don't get down by 21 in the 1st qtr they win this game, it would open up the run game and we would have been in control! Broncos came out fast and knocked us out! The upside is the Broncos will not play like that again, ever! 49 is the most they have scored in 47 years! Everything went right for them, it was their day and we laid down and accepted it was their day! We will get it back when the Donks come to our house! Chief 4 Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    Come on Cassell haters! He played a great game! It does not matter what D he faced, he had a great game! We asked him to throw the ball and he did very well! Almost 500 yards and 4 TD's, show me another QB this week that had the same numbers! The previous poster is right, Peyton could not have won this game for us! Our D was embarrassed, Romeo should be ashamed, our D should be embarrassed, and we need to get back on track now! We finally get back home, and hopefully it will jump start this very inconsistent team. Chiefs don't get down by 21 in the 1st qtr they win this game, it would open up the run game and we would have been in control! Broncos came out fast and knocked us out! The upside is the Broncos will not play like that again, ever! 49 is the most they have scored in 47 years! Everything went right for them, it was their day and we laid down and accepted it was their day! We will get it back when the Donks come to our house! Chief 4 Ever!
    Seriously? Numbers have a lot to do with context. Cassel could do nothing when the defense was really playing. He got sacked 4 times before the end of the third quarter. He had a fumble. He only put up the numbers he did because the Broncos defense let up on him.

Get a clue, the team wins as a team as I am always told and they lose as a team. In this case, the whole flipping team was a piece of crap.

Out of every game that Haley has coached in his two years here, this is really the first time that I can say that this team was not prepared to play.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I agree they looked bad! It does not matter, Cassell took the D that was given to him and made the best of it! That is his job, that is what he gets paid to do, and today he did it! Is he the future of QB of our team? I don't believe so. It was not his fault he got sacked 4 times, he did fumble it, but most QB's would have done the same thing! He did not throw one INT, and threw 4 TD's! I blame this loss on the D, the reason that we lost is because we got down by 21 in the 1st quarter! That is the D's fault! Cassell did what he was asked to do, he had the best stats of any QB on Sunday! Get off his back, he did what was asked of him! I have been one of the first to criticize Cassell but it's not fair this time! Give him the props he deserves. The Donkeys played their best game in 47 years, they did almost everything right, they were on, and we were off! Bottom line!

Cassel had his part in this loss. Not getting rid of the ball and taking 4 sacks and a fumble for 7 in the first half put the game out of reach. He just walks off the field and shakes his head.
    You wanna see a quarterback lead a football team? Look at Brady yesterday. Gettin' up in players faces and rallying his team. Cassel neads to be a leader, someone who demands respect from his teammates. Until that happens, well, we have what we have.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Seriously? Numbers have a lot to do with context. Cassel could do nothing when the defense was really playing. He got sacked 4 times before the end of the third quarter. He had a fumble. He only put up the numbers he did because the Broncos defense let up on him.

Get a clue, the team wins as a team as I am always told and they lose as a team. In this case, the whole flipping team was a piece of crap.

Out of every game that Haley has coached in his two years here, this is really the first time that I can say that this team was not prepared to play.
    You can pin a lot of that on Barry Richardson too...He was the one that gave up the sack/fumble and he eventually got pulled in this game for O'Callaghan.

Cassel played well the whole game. In the first quarter he was 3-4 for 46 yards. The only incompletion he had was on a third down, after he had already completed an 18 yard pass that would have been a first down to Charles. That was negated due to a penalty. Cassel was one of the lone bright spots (Bowe as well). And if you think the Broncos defense let up, why don't you rewatch and take note of how many times they blitz in the 3rd of 4th quarter.

The game was out of reach before the fumble. Cassell played very well, there is not one stat that says otherwise! Did he make mistakes? Duh! Every player in every game does, but he and Bowe were the best players on the team! I totally agree that he needs to step up and be a leader, he needs to get in peoples faces, and pump them up. That still does not diminish the numbers he put up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Cassel played well the whole game.
    I must disagree. He must be aware of what is going on around him. At one point I looked up at the scoreboard and it was 35-0.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    The game was out of reach before the fumble. Cassell played very well, there is not one stat that says otherwise! Did he make mistakes? Duh! Every player in every game does, but he and Bowe were the best players on the team! I totally agree that he needs to step up and be a leader, he needs to get in peoples faces, and pump them up. That still does not diminish the numbers he put up!
    As you say about the fumble, most of those number were put up after the game was out of reach. Cassel needs to step it up, take this team by the reigns, and lead it to victory. I hope he has the personality to get this accomplished.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    As you say about the fumble, most of those number were put up after the game was out of reach. Cassel needs to step it up, take this team by the reigns, and lead it to victory. I hope he has the personality to get this accomplished.
    Do you expect Cassel to put up 50+ points?

p.s. anyone see the irony in me defending Cassel.

This Cassel hatred is hilarious. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. At the beginning of the year everyone is complaining about him, mainly because he wasn't putting up big numbers. Well that's pretty hard to do when you have the first ranked running attack. Yesterday our running attack gets stuffed for the second straight game in a row and Cassel steps up and plays lights out. Let's not forget the running game getting stuffed again with a yard to go. But Cassel's effort wasn't good enough because he didn't throw for 8 TDs.

If the Chiefs were hypothetically to win a Super Bowl, it would be because of everyone but Cassel. But as long as we lose, it's Cassel's fault. Succop's missed field goal and the inability to punch it in from the 1 yard line -- 10 points right there.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-15-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast