Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in here know their Royals REALLY good? Grienke question

Default Anyone in here know their Royals REALLY good? Grienke question

What's it gonna take to get Grienke away from the Royals? What positions are the Royals looking to bolster and are they looking for immediate help or prospects? I would like to discuss a mock negotiation for Grienke using the Texas Rangers as the trade partner.

This is going to be helpful if A: the Rangers fail to re-sign Cliff Lee (unlikely. he's a Ranger forever, now) or B: the Rangers decide to really bend the Yankees over and take away both the top pitchers available this offseason. (GAWD, THIS WOULD BE AWESOME)

The new ownership group for the Rangers have said they plan on bringing the Rangers payroll up to the 90 or 100 million dollar range. It currently sits around 60 million. Adding Lee is gonna put them around 85 and after arbitration, it should sit somewhere in the high 90s. If the Rangers could pull off a Grienke trade (which, prospect wise, they have the capacity to do) it would put their payroll in the 105-115 range.

Just curious if there was anyone on here who knew enough about the Royals and their farm to discuss this further.

I don't know the Royals that well, but I wouldnt' guess Texas as one of the likely ending spots for Greinke. My top guesses after the Yanks would be Boston, Chicago White Sox, Atlanta or Los Angeles (either team) as those are expected to be the big spenders this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    What's it gonna take to get Grienke away from the Royals? What positions are the Royals looking to bolster and are they looking for immediate help or prospects? I would like to discuss a mock negotiation for Grienke using the Texas Rangers as the trade partner.

This is going to be helpful if A: the Rangers fail to re-sign Cliff Lee (unlikely. he's a Ranger forever, now) or B: the Rangers decide to really bend the Yankees over and take away both the top pitchers available this offseason. (GAWD, THIS WOULD BE AWESOME)

The new ownership group for the Rangers have said they plan on bringing the Rangers payroll up to the 90 or 100 million dollar range. It currently sits around 60 million. Adding Lee is gonna put them around 85 and after arbitration, it should sit somewhere in the high 90s. If the Rangers could pull off a Grienke trade (which, prospect wise, they have the capacity to do) it would put their payroll in the 105-115 range.

Just curious if there was anyone on here who knew enough about the Royals and their farm to discuss this further.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

The Rangers are looking to boost payroll and be BIG players this offseason. You can bank on them going HARD after Lee and one of the top first basemen like Prince Fielder.

The Yankees won't go after Grienke and risk everything they'd have to give up on a chance that Grienke's anxiety issues won't return on that stage in New York.

The Rangers want to boost payroll in the "right way" and spending money on 2 aces in Lee and Grienke and on a first baseman, would be spending money in the "right way." Also, there's no one in the league who can offer a package comparable to anything Texas has to offer. The Rangers have had the best farm system the past 2 years and didn't lose many big pieces in deadline trades other than Justin Smoak.
    Last edited by texaschief; 10-27-2010 at 04:24 AM.

What chips do you have that would land you someone like Fielder (Brewers fan here)? Something like Martin Perez/Holland and maybe an infielder in return would be nice :).

Sorry, but the only Royals I know really well are the ones that are a pain in my rear!!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Sorry, but the only Royals I know really well are the ones that are a pain in my rear!!! :)

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    What chips do you have that would land you someone like Fielder (Brewers fan here)? Something like Martin Perez/Holland and maybe an infielder in return would be nice :).
    I must have been mistaken. I thought I saw him on a list of free agents this upcoming winter. I remember being shocked they were letting him walk.

In a trade, there's no way in hell y'all or anyone else will EVER get their hands on Perez. I'd much rather build a package around Holland/Davis or Moreland. Perhaps a couple high ceiling A ball pitchers, but ONLY if he signs an extension before hand.

Holland/Moreland + a couple A ball pitchers is > 1 year of Fielder
    Last edited by texaschief; 10-27-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I must have been mistaken. I thought I saw him on a list of free agents this upcoming winter. I remember being shocked they were letting him walk.

In a trade, there's no way in hell y'all or anyone else will EVER get their hands on Perez. I'd much rather build a package around Holland/Davis or Moreland. Perhaps a couple high ceiling A ball pitchers, but ONLY if he signs an extension before hand.

Holland/Moreland + a couple A ball pitchers is > 1 year of Fielder
    But what if you were able to sign Fielder to an extension?

No clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    But what if you were able to sign Fielder to an extension?
    Assuming we sign Cliff Lee to an extension first...

Prince Fielder +5 year extension

For

Derrick Holland-Major League Pitcher (expendable with Cliff Lee and Martin Perez)
    Mitch Moreland-Major League 1B (expendable with Prince Fielder obviously)
    Kasey Kiker-AAA Pitcher (top 10 prospect)
    Julio Borbon-Major League CF (expendable with Hamilton and Beltre)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast