Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs, Redskins OUCH!!!

Default Chiefs, Redskins OUCH!!!

Must not be a great week to be a Indian this week!Michal Vick is one hell of a player. I hate him, but love to watch him play. I would LOVE to have him on the Chiefs Team. He just made that whole team better.

Speaking of which, I was an idiot for benching Brady for Freeman just because the Pats were facing the Steelers.

Brady made me pay, of course, but at least Freeman wasn't terrible.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    This.

It's over. He paid his price. And quite a hefty one, at that.

He didn't kill your dog. You wouldn't even want to meet the dogs that he dealt with. Once they have been trained like that, they are not going to be "Ole Buck" ever.

Alot of people take this sort of thing personally. But there is nothing personal about it.

Do I want Vick here?

I like Cassel and I wouldn't want to meet the demands that The Eagles are likely to have for him. (Franchise, at the very least.) So, no.

Also, I don't trust his sportsmanship. His ability to be a team player.

But MAN!!! The running is secondary to that insane throwing arm! I have never seen any QB that has anywhere near as powerful an arm as his.

He started for my fantasy team this week, in place of Rivers (Bye week). Gotta love those fantasy numbers too.
    Oh boy ~ Well, I respectively disagree with your saying "he didn't kill your dog". No, he didn't, but I don't comprehend why that should matter? In theory of principle, if I accept such a way of thinking...then I shouldn't be upset if someone killed or abused someone elses kid, as long as it wasn't my kid???

My heart feels pain & compassion for abuse victims, human or animal, regardless of whether or not they're mine. Intensifying the pain & upset is what was done to Vick's dogs was unquestionably sadistic and evil in nature. I simply can't be complacent or not give a damn because they weren't my dogs.

Simply for sake of explaining how deeply I love dogs...I have risked my own life three times to save the life of a dog. I retrieved one from a burning vehicle. I fought off the people who tried to pull me away, so that I could save the dog, and I did. The vehicle exploded as I ran from the vehicle carrying the 50 lb dog in my arms. I suffered minor burns on my fingers & hands...the door handles were very hot as I opened them to find the dog trapped inside. I believe I still have the front page newspaper article covering the fire & rescue. Nothing remained of the vehicle but the motor, steel frame & other steel parts once the fire dept. extinquished the blaze.

Another dog I attempted to save from drowning after a freak electricution. Knowing the pond had live electricity, but not sure where...I still went into the pond to retrieve the dog. I tried CPR and breathing into it's mouth once I had the dog laid on land. Sadly, my efforts failed, the dog died. I'll spare you the third story. It never occurred to me I was being foolish risking my own life each time, I simply reacted naturally to save the dogs.

I have adopted many abused dogs over the years, have seen the damage abuse does...it's no different than that done to humans. Dogs have emotions, they love, hate, laugh, cry, etc.. The Black Lab I currently have, Dakota, I adopted from the shelter 4 yrs ago, he had been abused by his previous owners. He is such a wonderful loving friend, truly a best friend.

I do agree that I wouldn't want to meet those dogs, however, they didn't stand a chance from birth to be anything but mean, violent, agressive. That's not their fault...that's greedy, cruel, & selfish humans fault.

I'm no Peta radical, there are major differences between killing an animal instinctively as humans, and humanely as possible for food, such as with raising cattle for beef, or even wildlife hunting. I do disagree with inhumane slaughter, or those who hunt for sport killing, and no other justified reason. I will hurt for any animal abused, and be angry at the abuser.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Vick would make our team better! No matter what he did or didn't do! I am all for my Chiefs getting better and winning the grand prize of the Super Bowl! I also like dogs, what he did was horrifying, wrong and stupid. He payed his time according to the laws of the land. Bring Vick to KC!! Not gonna happen but that is what dreaming is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Oh boy ~ Well, I respectively disagree with your saying "he didn't kill your dog". No, he didn't, but I don't comprehend why that should matter? In theory of principle, if I accept such a way of thinking...then I shouldn't be upset if someone killed or abused someone elses kid, as long as it wasn't my kid???

My heart feels pain & compassion for abuse victims, human or animal, regardless of whether or not they're mine. Intensifying the pain & upset is what was done to Vick's dogs was unquestionably sadistic and evil in nature. I simply can't be complacent or not give a damn because they weren't my dogs.

Simply for sake of explaining how deeply I love dogs...I have risked my own life three times to save the life of a dog. I retrieved one from a burning vehicle. I fought off the people who tried to pull me away, so that I could save the dog, and I did. The vehicle exploded as I ran from the vehicle carrying the 50 lb dog in my arms. I suffered minor burns on my fingers & hands...the door handles were very hot as I opened them to find the dog trapped inside. I believe I still have the front page newspaper article covering the fire & rescue. Nothing remained of the vehicle but the motor, steel frame & other steel parts once the fire dept. extinquished the blaze.

Another dog I attempted to save from drowning after a freak electricution. Knowing the pond had live electricity, but not sure where...I still went into the pond to retrieve the dog. I tried CPR and breathing into it's mouth once I had the dog laid on land. Sadly, my efforts failed, the dog died. I'll spare you the third story. It never occurred to me I was being foolish risking my own life each time, I simply reacted naturally to save the dogs.

I have adopted many abused dogs over the years, have seen the damage abuse does...it's no different than that done to humans. Dogs have emotions, they love, hate, laugh, cry, etc.. The Black Lab I currently have, Dakota, I adopted from the shelter 4 yrs ago, he had been abused by his previous owners. He is such a wonderful loving friend, truly a best friend.

I do agree that I wouldn't want to meet those dogs, however, they didn't stand a chance from birth to be anything but mean, violent, agressive. That's not their fault...that's greedy, cruel, & selfish humans fault.

I'm no Peta radical, there are major differences between killing an animal instinctively as humans, and humanely as possible for food, such as with raising cattle for beef, or even wildlife hunting. I do disagree with inhumane slaughter, or those who hunt for sport killing, and no other justified reason. I will hurt for any animal abused, and be angry at the abuser.
    Then I guess you will just continue to despise the guy.

I won't.

Not everyone is raised with the same respect for the lives of animals.

Myself, I have no respect for mosquitoes, termites, wasps, or moles, just to name a few.

I respect the species', but those little %@&*^ &$%@#s better stay away from me, individually.

Does that mean that I think that what he did is OK? Not at all.

I will never forget what he did.

But I will forgive him.

The law came down on him hard. And he paid his debt to society. Never seen a millionaire actually pay for their crimes, like that, before.

If he were a Chief, I would root for him like crazy. Not just on the field. But as a man trying to do right.

Does it matter to you if he returns to dog fighting? Or would you be happier if he were never to return to it?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Then I guess you will just continue to despise the guy.

I won't.

Not everyone is raised with the same respect for the lives of animals.

Myself, I have no respect for mosquitoes, termites, wasps, or moles, just to name a few.

I respect the species', but those little %@&*^ &$%@#s better stay away from me, individually.

Does that mean that I think that what he did is OK? Not at all.

I will never forget what he did.

But I will forgive him.

The law came down on him hard. And he paid his debt to society. Never seen a millionaire actually pay for their crimes, like that, before.

If he were a Chief, I would root for him like crazy. Not just on the field. But as a man trying to do right.

Does it matter to you if he returns to dog fighting? Or would you be happier if he were never to return to it?
    couldn't agree with you more!!he did pay highly. no Lindsay Lohan on his part
    love to see him as a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    ^This

I, also, have three dogs who are precious to me, but I grew up believing that there is good in everyone. I believe Vick is a good person, he just messed up. He served his time and is a member of society again.

Along with that, football is a business that's success is determined by winning games. If it wasn't, then Moss, TO, or Ochocinco wouldn't have jobs. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    My one hundred pound lab sleeps in bed with me and my wife every night so I don't even have to go into how I feel about Vick, but the Chiefs are in the business of winning games. While I think what Vick did is absolutely horrible he did do his time and paid his dues. I think everyone deserves a second chance I know I have been given second chances and so have many of you. At this point if the Chiefs picked up Vick I would not be mad at them. Turning your nose to someone when they do something wrong does not make you better then them.
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    As an owner of a pit-bull, I think what Vick did was disgusting. With that said, we all make mistakes in life. Vick served his time in prison and seems to be a changed man. He seems to be someone who is truly rehabilitated. I believe in giving people 2nd chances when they've earned them and in my opinion Vick has certainly earned a second chance.

Watching him on the football field is like watching a changed man. He's much more focused on the game of football than he ever has been and he's been very team oriented through out the season. It would've been easy for him to have become a distraction after the whole QB carousel they had going on up in Philadelphia earlier in the season, but he didn't. He handled the situation with poise and took everything in stride. Vick has been a man of class this season and is a model citizen, I would love to have him on my team.
    No one should hold ill will against Vick. He Fd up.

He paid for it.

You know what pisses me off.

Vick got two years and Dante Stallworth got 30 days. Dont get me started.

But becuz Vick and the dogs are a story, (and people get killed all the time therefore boring news).the media worked Vick and not Stallworth. Stallworth gets away virtually scott free ( and leonard Little). Dammit i said dont get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    No one should hold ill will against Vick. He Fd up.

He paid for it.

You know what pisses me off.

Vick got two years and Dante Stallworth got 30 days. Dont get me started.

But becuz Vick and the dogs are a story, (and people get killed all the time therefore boring news).the media worked Vick and not Stallworth. Stallworth gets away virtually scott free ( and leonard Little). Dammit i said dont get me started.
    And don't forget Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg and gets 2 years in prison..........
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    And don't forget Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg and gets 2 years in prison..........
    I still don't get that one. You'd think that shooting yourself would be punishment enough?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I still don't get that one. You'd think that shooting yourself would be punishment enough?
    I know a few people that were charged with attempted murder and got 1 year in COUNTY jail. The system is a joke!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

It's NY bunch of retards! Your state is nearly bankrupt yet you put a tax payer that makes millions a year in jail. now he ends up paying no taxes, and is fact costing other tax payers money to support him. We need to lock up people that are threats to society not dummies that shoot them selfs in the leg. Fine him, put him on probation, make him to community service IDK but locking him up is ignorant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast