Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about the O-line

Default Lets talk about the O-line

Yes, I know the Chiefs offense was the top ranked rushing team, and yes Cassel has hardly been sacked. However, I find it very odd that the Chiefs can rarely get short yardage when it is needed. So much that the Chiefs have started to throw more on 3 and 2 than they do on 3rd and 6.

I have seen Brian Waters get his butt kicked two weeks in a row. I mean horribly kicked. Our Right Tackels no longer can block anyone, and Brandon Albert is getting beat often.

The offensive line is to inconsitent and I tend to think that the only reason they have not been completely exposed is due to the running style of Charles and the play calling by Weis.

While I see people arleady claiming to draft a WR, and OLB , safety or a new corner. This o-line is not sound, and is old in two positions. We had better be looking at up upgrades next year.

I agree with you Seek 100%. LT should be the 1st priority in 2011 draft & they can move Albert to LG or RT where he will fare much better than he has at LT. Clearly, passing on Russell Okung in the 2010 draft was a huge mistake & it's starting to backfire on the Chiefs, just like I suspected it would. Perhaps in the 2011 draft they may get another chance at drafting a real LT ( Sherrod from Mississippi State or Barksdale from LSU ) and if they do, they had damn well better take him this time.

I am not sure about Okung VS. Berry, but and I like McCluster and Arenas, but I think there should have been more attention.

I think John Asamoah (sp?) did well filling in for Waters, but I do think they need to address a couple of positions in early round picks at least for grooming or depth.

There is push up the middle in short yard situations. Turning the ball over on downs starting on the 1 was insane. We can't get enough push to gain one yard. That is sad. That stands out to me more than rushing for 178 yards a game, or lack of sacks.

I wonder how Good Cassel could really be no worrying about who will hit him, and giving the receiver time to get open. There was on play last week, that the O-line gave him all day and he hit Bowe against Champ on a very good throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes, I know the Chiefs offense was the top ranked rushing team, and yes Cassel has hardly been sacked. However, I find it very odd that the Chiefs can rarely get short yardage when it is needed. So much that the Chiefs have started to throw more on 3 and 2 than they do on 3rd and 6.

I have seen Brian Waters get his butt kicked two weeks in a row. I mean horribly kicked. Our Right Tackels no longer can block anyone, and Brandon Albert is getting beat often.

The offensive line is to inconsitent and I tend to think that the only reason they have not been completely exposed is due to the running style of Charles and the play calling by Weis.

While I see people arleady claiming to draft a WR, and OLB , safety or a new corner. This o-line is not sound, and is old in two positions. We had better be looking at up upgrades next year.
    Can I get an AMEN on that!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_gJBi6pgt0"]YouTube - Coming to America funny part[/ame]

Too me, it looked like a lack of effort in the first quarter...It looked line no one on the team wanted to be there.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Too me, it looked like a lack of effort in the first quarter...It looked line no one on the team wanted to be there.
    THIS

You don't let Tim Tebow go untouched into the endzone if you are giveing 100% effort. This weeks game we didn't show up and no one would have made a diffrance if we had drafted anyone eles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not sure about Okung VS. Berry......
    I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm sure.
    I don't think we can ever be sure. We will never know how Okung would have fit with this team. We will only know how Berry will fit with this team.

Berry has done nothing to make his being drafted 5th a bad pick. YES he has made mistakes but EVERY NFL rookie will. Okung has made some and he would have for us as well. It's far to early to no who will have the better carrer. And who was the better pick.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think we can ever be sure. We will never know how Okung would have fit with this team. We will only know how Berry will fit with this team.

Berry has done nothing to make his being drafted 5th a bad pick. YES he has made mistakes but EVERY NFL rookie will. Okung has made some and he would have for us as well. It's far to early to no who will have the better carrer. And who was the better pick.
    Okung would have fit in just fine, just like Willie Roaf did when he was brought in 2002, even though the Chiefs had 1999 #1 pick John Tait playing LT ( and he was a better LT than Albert, BTW ). I've watched Okung and when he's been healthy, he's been a real stud. He handled Julius Peppers like a champ and he did not make mistakes.

Berry has done nothing to justify being drafted at #5 overall. He's made no impact in the Chiefs pass defense & has been a pigeon for WR's and TE's that are skilled route runners. Just look what Jabar Gaffney did to him on Denvers 3rd TD of the game. He beat Berry by 5 miles. Sorry, but to say that Berry's done nothing to make him a bad pick at #5 overall just isn't true.

The Chiefs would have been better off to resign Page & draft Okung.

Guys, we don't need a freaking LT. What we DO need is a center and another guard. Maybe a RT if B-Rich doesn't improve any.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast