Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Another Flawless game for Cassel

Default Another Flawless game for Cassel

Might as well get rid of him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    He played well yesterday, I don't have much to complain about. If the Chiefs could maintain a 200/160 passing/rushing balance every game I'd be a happy camper. Still, I'm a doubter until I see results I guess. I'll get behind him fully when we're a playoff/Superbowl contender. Right now we've only beaten the teams we're supposed to beat and we can't do it on the road. Also, when it comes to playoff time and almost every team left is playing at the top of their game, the team with the best QB wins more often than not. I just can't see our Cassel led team taking down Manning, Rivers, Brees, Rogers, Roethlisberger, or Brady when everything is on the line.

I hope he proves me wrong though.
    LMAO!!! Every team can't have one of the top QB's in the league! Guy just can't get a break, even from his team's own fans. Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    LMAO!!! Every team can't have one of the top QB's in the league! Guy just can't get a break, even from his team's own fans. Ridiculous!
    Lay off the liquor you moron. I just blatantly stated that I was satisfied with Cassel this week. 14 of the last 18 Super Bowl winning teams (only go back to 1992 because I don't know who the winners were before that, too young) had elite quarterbacks. I'm fully aware that the reason there are so few elite teams are because there are so few elite quarterbacks.

I'll let you convince me that we can have a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber franchise without a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber quarterback.

Thanks Aussie!

Lay off the liquor you moron. I just blatantly stated that I was satisfied with Cassel this week. 14 of the last 18 Super Bowl winning teams (only go back to 1992 because I don't know who the winners were before that, too young) had elite quarterbacks. I'm fully aware that the reason there are so few elite teams are because there are so few elite quarterbacks.

I'll let you convince me that we can have a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber franchise without a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber quarterback.
    Quit whining!!!! GEEZ! I'm just curious as to what the guy has to do to get some respect? You "blatent" statement about being satisfied was backhanded. If your convinced that teams with out a elite QB can't win, why even watch?

I know I get hated on for this, but I wouldn't call Brady "elite" when he won Super Bowls. He was good, but look at the defenses he had each of the years they won. All top 5 in terms of scoring defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I know I get hated on for this, but I wouldn't call Brady "elite" when he won Super Bowls. He was good, but look at the defenses he had each of the years they won. All top 5 in terms of scoring defense.
    Doesn't matter, they probably think he sucks too!

It had me curious looking at the Patriots scoring defense (points given up per game by a defense) when they won Super Bowls, that I had to look at some other Super Bowl winners. With exception of 2 teams in the last 10 years, every Super Bowl champion has been in the top 6 of scoring defenses.

2009 - Saints (13th)
    2008 - Steelers (1st)
    2007 - Giants (5th)
    2006 - Colts (20th)
    2005 - Steelers (3rd)
    2004 - Patriots (3rd)
    2003 - Patriots (1st)
    2002 - Bucs (1st) (this is in the middle of the Pats run, but this year they were 16th in scoring defense)
    2001 - Pats (6th)
    2000 - Ravens (1st)

The Chiefs are currently 10th in scoring defense, even after giving up 49 to the Broncos. The Chiefs are going to give themselves deep runs into the playoffs and shots at super bowls as long as they continue to improve on defense. Cassel is a great fit for what we currently have going.

This thread has become ridiculously lame fast....I'm out!

And how many of those QBs were considered "elite" before they won those Super Bowls?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    And how many of those QBs were considered "elite" before they won those Super Bowls?
    Fair point, I'd count 11 or 12 of them. Many of them are repeat winners too. Which brings me back to what I said earlier.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Thanks Aussie!

Fair point, I'd count 11 or 12 of them. Many of them are repeat winners too. Which brings me back to what I said earlier.

I hope he proves me wrong.
    Im not saying he is an elite QB either, but I hope he has the potential to become one (or be one of the 4 of 18 non elite QBs to win!!)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast