Thread: Two Chiefs Crowd members meet by chance due to 12th man factor, haha.

Default Two Chiefs Crowd members meet by chance due to 12th man factor, haha.

Recently we had a member join Chiefs Crowd by the user name of Cardiactgaitor from the Houston, TX area. He had plans to come to Arrowhead, wanted to tailgate...we invited him to join our tailgate plans in our tailgate discussion thread. Last week we also became friends on Facebook.

I learned from talking to Clint (Stricken) this morning prior to my arrival at Arrowhead, that our tailgate plans fell through. We had no way to contact Seek, nor was Clint able to locate him when walking through Lot N. So, I didn't go to Lot N, rather than tailgate walked my step-grandson, Mikey, through the new Arrowhead giving him a tour, haha. Kelly couldn't make it in from Wisconsin, & Mikey has a birthday soon, so I took him with me today to the game in honor of that birthday, he sat in Kelly's Season Ticket seat. It was his first time inside Arrowhead Stadium, and his first Chiefs game.

While sitting in our seats a man approached me and asked, "is your name Connie Jo?"..."yes", I replied. He then politely put out his hand for me to shake, and introduced himself as Thomas aka Cardiactgaitor. Neither of us knew where the other would be sitting, it was never discussed, but ironically his seats were several seats to the left of us and a couple rows down.

He told me he was hearing someone beat loudly on the stadium seats making crowd noise attempting to help our defense. He said he turned around to see who was beating on the seat making all the noise...well, that would be 'me', lol. He said he thought to himself, "I think that's Connie Jo", he said he recognized me from my profile photo at Facebook, hahaha.

70,000 give or take fans at Arrowhead...I draw attention to myself beating on the seat...and a fellow Chiefs Crowd member sitting a couple rows down and several seats over from where I'm sitting...recognizes me as a result, we end up meeting.

No one can ever accuse me of not doing my part as a 12th man factor, lol...heck, I even draw attention to myself as such. I had several nearby fans give me thumbs up and high fives for my efforts. Thing is, many weren't putting forth the same efforts who were praising me! I stood up and began raising/lowering my arms like defensive players on the field do...yelled, "make some noise y'all, make some damn noise!"

During an injury time out I went to where he was sitting with his two boys, and had the below photo of us taken. He's an awesome person, very polite and a truly kind gentleman. It was my honor to have met him, & grateful I had the opportunity to meet another fellow Chiefs Crowd member.

Last edited by Connie Jo; 11-22-2010 at 03:50 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I can't believe I'm not crashed, lol. I've been up since 4:30 AM Sunday morning, drove 4 1/2 hours round trip to Arrowhead, toured every inch of the stadium with my grandson, wore myself out as a 12th man during another exciting home game. I have some more great photo's from the game...I'll post later on today, I need sleep, LOL.

Sweet Chiefs Super Bowl dreams y'all!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Wow, awesome story.

it's amazing that among 10s of 1000's of people you can still coincedentally run into a fellow Chiefs fan you interacted with before.

Wow! God has his ways!

it's a small world..........when you're a CHIEFS fan!