Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good for Bowe and Cassel

Default Good for Bowe and Cassel

But why are we not running the ball? Jamal Charles didn't even get a touch till like the 4th Q. I hate to complain, but we really need to power the ball to Charles and Jones more than pass.

I live by a philosophy..Run to win, pass to score...I firmly believe in running, and KC has been a running tradition for nearly 40 years...lets not try to be like NE in every way.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

24 passing plays, 29 running plays...I'm confused??? If you look at the quarterly play by play, it can't get anymore balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    24 passing plays, 29 running plays...I'm confused??? If you look at the quarterly play by play, it can't get anymore balanced.
    Still, Charles didn't even touch the ball until the second quarter, and we were shut out in the first.

Coincidence? Probably :P, Jones was a beast yesterday too, besides I think Haley's plan is to unleash Charles on a worn defense.

I can see the arguments for using Charles more, though if we use him too much only bad things can happen. His career is cut short or he is going to be due a raise bigger than what he already deserves.

Agreed, the balance yesterday was what it should ideally be week in and week out.

Thanks Aussie!

Yeah, I'm confused as well, didn't we win the game by multiple scores, thanks in large part to our improving passing game? I personally thought we had a really nice balance on Sunday. If this trend continues, it's only going to make our running game better and our team better as a whole.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 11-22-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Haley has stated that Charles cannot and will never be an every down back. We can put him in and have him carry for 50 carries per game, and then he will miss three games to recover.

I know some of you will never be happy until we just line Charles up in the wild cat and snap every play to him, but folks that is not going to happen.

Be happy with what we have, it is working very well.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Charles is GREAT! But I really don't think he falls into that category of back that doesn't really hit his stride until along about 25 carries.

I had the misfortune to live in DC when John Riggins was running for the Scumskins. He started getting stronger along about 25 carries and if he hit 30, a brick wall couldn't stop him.

As good as he is, I don't think Charles is that kind of back.

As good as he is, I don't think Charles is the kind of back that can carry the offense week in and week out.

For Charles to stay healthy and effective, I think Charles needs a reasonably effective passing offense.

Don't forget Charles had 4 receptions also. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Charles is GREAT! But I really don't think he falls into that category of back that doesn't really hit his stride until along about 25 carries.

I had the misfortune to live in DC when John Riggins was running for the Scumskins. He started getting stronger along about 25 carries and if he hit 30, a brick wall couldn't stop him.

As good as he is, I don't think Charles is that kind of back.

As good as he is, I don't think Charles is the kind of back that can carry the offense week in and week out.

For Charles to stay healthy and effective, I think Charles needs a reasonably effective passing offense.
    He carried them in the second half last year. I think a lot of us just feel that Charles should have a bigger role on this team than he does (not to say it isn't big already). Looking solely at the stats, Charles has a bigger impact in our losses, but it seems like every game he starts out in a fairly limited to nonexistent role. I just think he should be unleashed early and often, because this team isn't equipped to come from behind.

Agreed though, giving the rock to Charles 25+ times a game would kill the poor guy. Keep him fresh, but don't save our Ace until the hand is already lost so to speak.
    Last edited by Chief Tyler; 11-22-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    He carried them in the second half last year. I think a lot of us just feel that Charles should have a bigger role on this team than he does (not to say it isn't big already). Looking solely at the stats, Charles has a bigger impact in our losses, but it seems like every game he starts out in a fairly limited to nonexistent role. I just think he should be unleashed early and often, because this team isn't equipped to come from behind.

Agreed though, giving the rock to Charles 25+ times a game would kill the poor guy. Keep him fresh, but don't save our Ace until the hand is already lost so to speak.
    No arguments from me! Way back when "they" used to say you needed a running game to set up the passing game". Then "they" said "you could use the passing game to set up the running game".

I think getting Charles involved in the game in a major way early on combined with some play action passing and an occassional shot downfield could go a long way towards setting the opposing defense back on their heels, take a little pressure off our defense and give our rather young team the early "edge" that they need to win...especially on the road.

GO CHIEFS!!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-22-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Still, Charles didn't even touch the ball until the second quarter, and we were shut out in the first.

Coincidence? Probably :P, Jones was a beast yesterday too, besides I think Haley's plan is to unleash Charles on a worn defense.

I can see the arguments for using Charles more, though if we use him too much only bad things can happen. His career is cut short or he is going to be due a raise bigger than what he already deserves.

Agreed, the balance yesterday was what it should ideally be week in and week out.
    Agree 100% with this!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast