Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A general observation of our W/L record.

Default A general observation of our W/L record.

The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.
    Oh, I definitely think the 12th man is a factor. Not simply due to creating headaches for an opposing offense, but our Chiefs on both sides of the ball draw off the energy of their fans in the stands...how could they not?...they're human after all, hahaha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Oh, I definitely think the 12th man is a factor. Not simply due to creating headaches for an opposing offense, but our Chiefs on both sides of the ball draw off the energy of their fans in the stands...how could they not?...they're human after all, hahaha. :)
    The Chiefs are superhuman!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    You provide a good analysis and even stats to back it up, but like some on this forum I'm just going to say you're wrong. Why? Because I said so.
    You're right; I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think Chiefster has nailed it on the head here.

Every week we have a road game I am a little nervous of the outcome. We barely won on the raod against Cleveland who are not a very good team in their own right.

We have a real test coming up in Seattle this weekend. Seattle really wants to win this game in hopes of proving they are a team who should be leading their division. That stadium also has it's own twelth man.

Haley put it in perspective. He says that good teams are teams that find ways to win on the road. I believe he said that is why he does not think the Chiefs are a good team yet.

Will be an interesting test.
    Could not agree more! Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

If our offense can step it up just a bit, I think we cruise to an AFC West win and maybe even get through the first round of the playoffs....(though it will probably be on the road).....
    If we win the West, we play our first playoff game at home, regardless of the wildcard teams' records.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The Chiefs are superhuman!!

SWEET! But it'd be alot sweeter if it was Bowe's face and a great big 'B' where that 'S' is, hahahaha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

SWEET! But it'd be alot sweeter if it was Bowe's face and a great big 'B' where that 'S' is, hahahaha. :)
    I was looking for a current player but i have a really short attention span
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

That thing you play with when you're alone at night isn't called an "attention span"...no matter how short it may be.

Being drunk and having a short attention span are two different things Canada.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

Nice Job Chiefster. Good to see you getting behind the old writers desk!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That thing you play with when you're alone at night isn't called an "attention span"...no matter how short it may be.

Really? Cause I always hear people say you have the attention span of a 5 year old so i just assumed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast