Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A general observation of our W/L record.

Default A general observation of our W/L record.

The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    And if you look deeper into it, the NFC West is 3-17 on the road.

So in conclusion, all the West division teams flat out SUCK on the road as a whole. LOL
    Good point!

Im not impresses with our record in the least. we have beaten awefull teams and have lost to every team with a better record and dont forget denver.

2 of those road games shouda been wins, we just laid down in the fourth quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Im not impresses with our record in the least. we have beaten awefull teams and have lost to every team with a better record and dont forget denver.
    Of course you aren't. Why would you be? We are only 6-4 and leading the West. 4 more wins and we equal our total from the last three years...but sure...nothing to be impressed with!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Of course you aren't. Why would you be? We are only 6-4 and leading the West. 4 more wins and we equal our total from the last three years...but sure...nothing to be impressed with!!
    no kidding! 6-4 and no one seems happy. I'm ecstatic! 2 of those road games should have been wins, but hey, we are leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought we would be.

We're now at the total of games I expected to win all year this year, so every win the rest of this season is bonus in my mind.

We still have some room to get better, but I'd say we're vastly improved from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    We're now at the total of games I expected to win all year this year, so every win the rest of this season is bonus in my mind.

We still have some room to get better, but I'd say we're vastly improved from last year.
    Same here.

We have been ahead of the pace since game one, for me.

Everything has been bonuses to me, and extremely impressive, based on what I expected.

Just look at a team like Tennessee & how they started off & now seem to be falling apart. Can't complain about the Chiefs season this year except for the Denver debacle ( were they cheating for that one, too? ) & the Chiefs get a chance for some payback against Denver next Sunday.

Pre season I predicted 10 wind and playoffs..anything less then playoffs is a bad season..we are the chiefs we should expect better then average

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Just look at a team like Tennessee & how they started off & now seem to be falling apart. Can't complain about the Chiefs season this year except for the Denver debacle ( were they cheating for that one, too? ) & the Chiefs get a chance for some payback against Denver next Sunday.
    I can complaing about the Raider loss and the Houston loss. Those games were in the bag.. There would be no talks of the Chargers winning the division if we did not choke those games away.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast