Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A general observation of our W/L record.

Default A general observation of our W/L record.

The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    To make the play offs, you have to win the games at home, and steal a few on the road. We stole one already, and gave two away.
    So has every other team in the AFC West (they're all 1-4 on the road). But the Chiefs are the only team so far to be 5-0 at home. Which is why the Chiefs still have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

How quickly we forget that the past 3 games excluding the AZ game we have looked like complete crap. Playoffs??? The Chargers have a very very soft schedule remaining and excluding next week in Indy look for them to win them all. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to start playing better on the road, and beating Seattle is an absolute must in order to extend our division lead. Without a cushion at the top of the standings im afraid the Chargers will come back from behind and pull ahead, especially since we play them at Qualcomm in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
    How quickly we forget that the past 3 games excluding the AZ game we have looked like complete crap. Playoffs??? The Chargers have a very very soft schedule remaining and excluding next week in Indy look for them to win them all. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to start playing better on the road, and beating Seattle is an absolute must in order to extend our division lead. Without a cushion at the top of the standings im afraid the Chargers will come back from behind and pull ahead, especially since we play them at Qualcomm in a few weeks.
    Totally agree with you. Chargers look like the real deal, but that is why they play the game. you never know what happens, or in this case, which Chiefs show up to play. Chargers might have a healthy squad and Vincent Jackson when they play the Chiefs and that's a scary thought. Oh well, I believe!

Why cuz they beat the Broncos at home?

FACT IS, every team in the AFC West is 1-4 on the road. NONE of them have been good on the road. Chiefs have a soft schedule as well and there is no reason its not possible for them to win the division. But in order for them to do that, they MUST be the Seahawks next week and the Chargers lose to the Colts.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos beat the Chargers at home.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Why cuz they beat the Broncos at home?

FACT IS, every team in the AFC West is 1-4 on the road. NONE of them have been good on the road. Chiefs have a soft schedule as well and there is no reason its not possible for them to win the division. But in order for them to do that, they MUST be the Seahawks next week and the Chargers lose to the Colts.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos beat the Chargers at home.
    I disagree...we dont need to be the Seahawks.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

the chargers just crushed the pittiful broncos, i still can't understand how that team whooped us, now they are just 1 game behind us which means they must lose at least one more game while we can only lose one more. the colts should beat the chargers and i fear the chargers may beat us but that still gives us the division. that would be so awesome!!! without a second pass rusher and some upgrade on the O line to get that one yard when we need it i don't see us going deep into the playoffs. BUT anything can happen in the playoffs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Nice Job Chiefster. Good to see you getting behind the old writers desk!
    Thanks buddy!

Absolutely 100% agree! Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    the chargers just crushed the pittiful broncos, i still can't understand how that team whooped us, now they are just 1 game behind us which means they must lose at least one more game while we can only lose one more. the colts should beat the chargers and i fear the chargers may beat us but that still gives us the division. that would be so awesome!!! without a second pass rusher and some upgrade on the O line to get that one yard when we need it i don't see us going deep into the playoffs. BUT anything can happen in the playoffs!!!!
    Its cuz the Broncos SUCK on the road and they had that ONE game of domination. It just so happened to be against the Chiefs.

Personally, after the great game Orton had against the Chiefs, I knew he wouldn't be able to do it in back to back games.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    So has every other team in the AFC West (they're all 1-4 on the road). But the Chiefs are the only team so far to be 5-0 at home. Which is why the Chiefs still have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs.
    I did not know that! Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I did not know that! Good call!
    And if you look deeper into it, the NFC West is 3-17 on the road.

So in conclusion, all the West division teams flat out SUCK on the road as a whole. LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast