Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Want to Punch Philip Rivers in his Smug Face

Default I Want to Punch Philip Rivers in his Smug Face

Steelers fan here, just making a guest appearance to share this with you:

http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com/

I hate to say it, but you have been smoking crack if you think cassel is near the QB rivers is.

he is the third best QB in the league. Numbers asides, hes a great QB.

yes hes a smug jerk. yes hes a great QB.

get over it!

Whats funny is if Cassel had 9 interceptions and 3 fumbles, you guys would be asking for his head on a stick. LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Whats funny is if Cassel had 9 interceptions and 3 fumbles, you guys would be asking for his head on a stick. LOL
    Really????? 23 TD's and 9 INT's. Not many would be disappointed in those numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by hersheybar1957 View Post
    This is the truth. I would like to see him though 400 yards every game but all that means is we have been losing the entire game. I think Cassle is by far more mature and give him a little more time and a Fitzgerald and we are in the SB.
    He already has the next best thing to Fitzgerald...Fitzgeralds protege! He mentored our own Dwayne Bowe!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Really????? 23 TD's and 9 INT's. Not many would be disappointed in those numbers!
    I like 18 TDs, 4 Interceptions, and 1 fumble MUCH better. Just saying........
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I hate to say it, but you have been smoking crack if you think cassel is near the QB rivers is.

he is the third best QB in the league. Numbers asides, hes a great QB.

yes hes a smug jerk. yes hes a great QB.

get over it!

You didn't hate to say that. You added a needless insult in saying it. Even ended it with "Get over it!" You enjoyed saying it.

Now, I don't dislike Rivers. I don't have any problem saying that he is a great QB, either.

But, given the same number of attempts, Cassel isn't far behind him.

Rivers
    :
    3,177 Yards, 23 TDs, 9 INTs.

Cassel
    (* At current numbers, adjusted to meet the number of attempts that Rivers has) :
    2,515 Yards, 22 TDs, 5 INTs.

That's a pretty close call, on which of those guys I would prefer. And don't think that these numbers ... 6-4 vs. 5-5 ... don't matter either.

However, sustaining that type of production for that number of attempts, as well as looking at what has been going on with the receivers on The Chargers, I would take Rivers, unless I am going with the offense that Cassel is already getting comfortable with.

I am not missing how good Rivers' stats are. You are missing how good Cassel's are.

*- The adjusted numbers are taking his existing yardage (etc.), dividing those by his number of attempts, then multiplying that by Rivers' number of attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Interesting.....I think your both crazy but....... Regardless the team, Rivers is the better QB bottom line, better athlete as well. There's a reason there is so much smack talk about Cassel.

Yes, failed reasoning is a reason.

While I believe in him and have been happy overall with his play, there's not a chance in he!! that I start a team with Cassel over Rivers. He has been considered by many that he has been one of the top QB's in the NFL for the last couple of years. There is a reason that team plays the way they do. QB and his ability along with the weapons they have at the receiver position.

You have watched enough football to know that you pass more often when your running game isn't very good, that you pass more often when trailing, that you pass less often when leading, and when your running game is able to dominate.

Those are the reasons that The Chargers throw so often, and The Chiefs throw less often. If The Chargers were able to run the ball and limit the number of times pass-rushers were out to hit Rivers, bet they would.

I'm not sure you would find many people outside this board with a non bias opinion that would take Cassel over Rivers at this point in there career's. It's not like Rivers is old and has been injured a ton. He's young and has a strong arm with really good accuracy. While I don't like to watch his childish antics and whining all the time, I think he has the "Larry Bird" syndrome. You hate him unless he's on your team!! Given the choice right now, I take him everyday, all day over Cassel given the choice.
    I don't hate Rivers. I don't even dislike him. Never cared about his personality either.

I agree that he has been amazing this season.

But, as I've shown, Cassel is playing at a level just barely behind Rivers, just with fewer attempts.

I misspoke before, about beginning a new offense. Started that sentence about Rivers, but wound up turning it into Cassel's statement.

I would take Rivers in any situation, except the situation that Cassel is already beginning to excel in.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't hate Rivers. I don't even dislike him. Never cared about his personality either.

I agree that he has been amazing this season.

But, as I've shown, Cassel is playing at a level just barely behind Rivers, just with fewer attempts.

I misspoke before, about beginning a new offense. Started that sentence about Rivers, but wound up turning it into Cassel's statement.

I would take Rivers in any situation, except the situation that Cassel is already beginning to excel in.
    More attempts equals more chances for turning it over as well.....just sayin. I think most know where I stand with Cassel (like him) but I do have to say that IMO, if Cassel had the same amount of attempts he would have more INT's than Rivers. It's all purely speculation of course but again IMO, Rivers is a better overall athlete than Cassel from what I have seen over the last several years from both thereby putting Rivers ahead of Cassel in all aspects of the position. Not even close really regardless of WHY His numbers are better than Cassel's. Having said all of this, I'm very happy with Cassel and the way the offense is structured right now is working just fine for the most part. I think it is absolutely imparative that we have such a great running game for him to play as well as he has been. Hate to say but I don't know how well he would perform if he were needed to run an offense such as the Chargers.

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

this is fantastic

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast