Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Enough

Default Man Enough

I am man enough to admit Bowe proved me wrong for now. I guess my last statement was made out of frustration. For so many years we have great pieces but can never complete the puzzle. I hope Bowe can keep it up.

I've found it useful, at times, not to post in the heat of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I've found it useful, at times, not to post in the heat of frustration.

I agree. Lesson learned.We have the best Organization in football. And cant win a playoff game.Let alone a championship. Just has not been the same since Derrick (passion).

Quote Originally Posted by Californiachief View Post
    I agree. Lesson learned.We have the best Organization in football. And cant win a playoff game.Let alone a championship. Just has not been the same since Derrick (passion).

Agreed my friend. It may take a couple of seasons to build a playoff caliber team, or the playoffs could happen for us this year - one just never knows. The hardest thing to do sometimes is for a passionate fan to hold his/her tongue.

Point taken. Just frustrated with the receivers we have had or lack there of. Sometimes you never know what Bowe you are gonna get. Not like we have had that many crappy QB's. We have had some pretty good RB. Cant wait till we put it together.

Point taken. Just frustrated with the receivers we have had or lack there of. Sometimes you never know what Bowe you are gonna get. Not like we have had that many crappy QB's. We have had some pretty good RB. Cant wait till we put it together.
    You and me both buddy.

You're one of many good Chiefs fans here; no need for apologies.

I am man enough to admit Bowe proved me wrong for now. I guess my last statement was made out of frustration. For so many years we have great pieces but can never complete the puzzle. I hope Bowe can keep it up.

REP!!

Pardon me y'all...I'm a bit pre-occupied in thought tonight, so hope I make sense with this opinion below, haha:

I agree Californiachief. This is what I've noticed in depth of others general changed behavior and therefore believe:

When we lost Derrick (RIP) we lost our heart...all of us, the loyal fan base, the team & coaches, the Chiefs organization. It has not been the same, not at all. It was often said by many back in the 90's when DT was still with us...by sports analysts, players, coaches, fans...that Derrick was the heart of the team. Well, it came to pass as being more true than many realized. He literally was the heart of the team, in many aspects.

I didn't note the same heart in the Chiefs of the Vermeil era. The offense was at times exciting & good, but that team heart was still missing, especially on the field and in the stands. Needless to say it was even more lacking during the Edwards era of Chiefs. I didn't notice it last season, that is until the last game against Denver in Denver...there was a glimmer of 'heart' among all.

Monday Night Football was the first time since the loss of Derrick...I felt 'heart' all around me...in the fans, in the team on the field, in the organization with their efforts to incorporate so much heartfelt Chiefs history into the design concept of the New Arrowhead. There will never be another Derrick Thomas (RIP), and I'm not sure if it's possible now for a player alone to bring 'heart' back to our Chiefs in every aspect. I've thought about it, and I can't seem to pin point why I'm sensing 'heart' returning to all aspects of the Chiefs. I can't grasp giving credit to any one particular player for 'heart' returning. I tend to believe it is a team effort of heart by all involved...fans, team, organization.

That said...Although I have a general opinion as to why, I'm never quite exactly sure why a particular player captures and inspires a fire in my Chiefs heart more than any other over the decades I've been a loyal Chiefs fan. I do know that for whatever reasons, Dwayne Bowe has brought a Chiefs fire back to my heart that's been missing since DT was on the field. I think part of it is I felt he was being over criticised, many only seeing the bad, never the good. I began noting last season when he'd drop or miss a catch, fans would boo him, but when he'd make a great catch the gratitude wasn't of fair equalness to the booing. That ticked me off, I saw it as being unfairly bias, he became an underdog. I'm a natural defender of the underdog if I see justified reason to believe & have faith in the underdog.

I'm very grateful to Bowe for inspiring a fire within me for a Chiefs player again...it feels good to once again have that Chiefs fire. I've not had an overwhelming desire to purchase a players jersey since DT's...but I do now, and will buy a Bowe jersey as soon as I can afford one.

GO CHIEFS!!!! GO BOWE!!!!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 11-23-2010 at 07:43 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and an even bigger man to learn from it. I'm trying to learn not to pre-judge people and after the game I am keeping my mouth shut, it has helped a lot on cutting down some stupid post.

Well put. But to me Derrick didnt only bring the fire for the Fans and his team. The man was the flame for the community. If I remember correctly he is the only NFL player to be appointed the 832nd point of light by the president. Not forgetting about his Man of the year awards and more. In my opinion the greatest LB & person to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and an even bigger man to learn from it. I'm trying to learn not to pre-judge people and after the game I am keeping my mouth shut, it has helped a lot on cutting down some stupid post.
    I agree. My second posting and it was a hicup. I take a pretty good beating out this was from SD and OAK fans . I am at the SD games and I go to the Blackhole. Im sick of being in CA and listeing to SD fans. Cant wait till we beat them on a more consistant bases.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast