Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Footbal In Spanish.. Will You Watch?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Footbal In Spanish.. Will You Watch?


    0 Not allowed!
    To celebrate "Hispanic Heritage Month" The NFL is forcing their affiliates to play spanish language ads, have spanish language singers and refer to Football as "Futbol Americano"

    The network doesn't seem to care that 100% of their audience speaks and understands english and instead is trying to push their own website www.nflatino.com without giving care to the rest of their audience.

    I for one will quit watching football for the next month. What will you do?

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Let's keep this quote getting longer so people will stop reading it... Geezzzz

    If Spanish bothers you then learn it and you won't have this problem.

    If you can't learn spanish then ignore it and quit buying fruit and vegetables if you want the immigrants to go away.

    Oh and start mowing your lawn and building your own houses and they will not have any jobs here to come and take away.

    Seems pretty simple, eh?
    .

    Hmm this is very bigoted remark. Have I once asked people to stop coming here? Have I once complained that the NFL not broadcast in spanish? Nope. I have merely pointed out that they are attacking the English based networks here in the USA and forcing people to listen to spanish who otherwise would not. Also, I have pointed out that there can only be a racist cause behind this since dominantly only one race speaks spanish in this nation. In fact I think they should do an expansion team (one in Mexico and one in Canada) and I think they should sign a deal with one of the Spanish networks to carry a weekly game.

    As far as the jobs that is more of a political discussion.

    Demanding that I learn Spanish, a language that is not a national or an official language, is an outrage and a violation of my rights. It is sad to see my fellow fans say such things.

    The good news is that I have found many others willing to step forward and complain to the NFL through private messages on here and other forums because they are afraid of what people might say about them in a public setting.

    SPANISH HAS NO PLACE ON AMERICAN-ENGLISH BROADCASTING NETWORKS.... PERIOD!

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post
    .

    Hmm this is very bigoted remark. Have I once asked people to stop coming here? Have I once complained that the NFL not broadcast in spanish? Nope. I have merely pointed out that they are attacking the English based networks here in the USA and forcing people to listen to spanish who otherwise would not. Also, I have pointed out that there can only be a racist cause behind this since dominantly only one race speaks spanish in this nation. In fact I think they should do an expansion team (one in Mexico and one in Canada) and I think they should sign a deal with one of the Spanish networks to carry a weekly game.


    As far as the jobs that is more of a political discussion.

    Demanding that I learn Spanish, a language that is not a national or an official language, is an outrage and a violation of my rights. It is sad to see my fellow fans say such things.

    The good news is that I have found many others willing to step forward and complain to the NFL through private messages on here and other forums because they are afraid of what people might say about them in a public setting.

    SPANISH HAS NO PLACE ON AMERICAN-ENGLISH BROADCASTING NETWORKS.... PERIOD!
    If we got an expansion team in Canada you would have to broadcast games in Canadian eh!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post
    .

    Hmm this is very bigoted remark. Have I once asked people to stop coming here? Have I once complained that the NFL not broadcast in spanish? Nope. I have merely pointed out that they are attacking the English based networks here in the USA and forcing people to listen to spanish who otherwise would not. Also, I have pointed out that there can only be a racist cause behind this since dominantly only one race speaks spanish in this nation. In fact I think they should do an expansion team (one in Mexico and one in Canada) and I think they should sign a deal with one of the Spanish networks to carry a weekly game.

    As far as the jobs that is more of a political discussion.

    Demanding that I learn Spanish, a language that is not a national or an official language, is an outrage and a violation of my rights. It is sad to see my fellow fans say such things.

    The good news is that I have found many others willing to step forward and complain to the NFL through private messages on here and other forums because they are afraid of what people might say about them in a public setting.

    SPANISH HAS NO PLACE ON AMERICAN-ENGLISH BROADCASTING NETWORKS.... PERIOD!
    I think we are all missing this part. Who said you will have to learn spanish? When this game if televised and Gloria Estefan sings the national anthem in English and the announcers talk in English, where is someone even asking you to learn Spanish to watch the game?

    Can you show one thing, honestly, where you will need Spanish literacy to enjoy the game?

    No one understands your frustration...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 454

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I think we are all missing this part. Who said you will have to learn spanish? When this game if televised and Gloria Estefan sings the national anthem in English and the announcers talk in English, where is someone even asking you to learn Spanish to watch the game?

    Can you show one thing, honestly, where you will need Spanish literacy to enjoy the game?

    No one understands your frustration...

    Heck I don't pay any attention to announcers speaking perfect English.


  6. #45
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I do - but only on www.kcfx.com. :)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 454

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I do - but only on www.kcfx.com. :)

    Hey, thanks for the link.


  8. #47
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    2006 - NFL Starts celebrating hispanic heritage month with a PSA advertisement featuring Tony Gonzalez. The ad is broadcast in Spanish on English language networks, confusing and irritating fans. The ad was also shown on Spanish networks.

    2007 - NFL's celebration of hispanic heritage month continues by referring to football as futbol americano, showing team names in spanish, wearing spanish patches, and broadcasting numerous ads in spanish for third parties (Ford and Microsoft). So far all companies that advertise in spanish during this time are also large supporters for NCLR (National Council of La Raza) a group whose goals include forcing all students to learn spanish and making spanish a national/official language.

    2008 - ???? According to the company charged with the NFL's hispanic heritage campaign the NFL wants to slow ramp up their spanish language marketing on the major English networks. What could be next? An entire quarter in Spanish? Entire Half? Perhaps an entire game? The NFL's Communications Director declined to comment on this but said that the NFL will continue with spanish language broadcast on the major networks during this month and possibly soon as a staple of Football if fans accept it.

    Again I'm all for having the game be brought to more audiences and broadcasting on Univision or Telemundo but not spanish on the english networks or french or german for that matter.
    Last edited by dragons5; 09-25-2007 at 12:52 PM.

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post
    2006 - NFL Starts celebrating hispanic heritage month with a PSA advertisement featuring Tony Gonzalez. The ad is broadcast in Spanish on English language networks, confusing and irritating fans. The ad was also shown on Spanish networks.

    2007 - NFL's celebration of hispanic heritage month continues by referring to football as futbol americano, showing team names in spanish, wearing spanish patches, and broadcasting numerous ads in spanish for third parties (Ford and Microsoft). So far all companies that advertise in spanish during this time are also large supporters for NCLR (National Council of La Raza) a group whose goals include forcing all students to learn spanish and making spanish a national/official language.

    2008 - ???? According to the company charged with the NFL's hispanic heritage campaign the NFL wants to slow ramp up their spanish language marketing on the major English networks. What could be next? An entire quarter in Spanish? Entire Half? Perhaps an entire game? The NFL's Communications Director declined to comment on this but said that the NFL will continue with spanish language broadcast on the major networks during this month and possibly soon as a staple of Football if fans accept it.

    Again I'm all for having the game be brought to more audiences and broadcasting on Univision or Telemundo but not spanish on the english networks or french or german for that matter.
    Dude get over yourself. I know that you are under the impression that English speaking Americans are the most imprtant, but there are a lot of other people in the world. You have a pretty narrow minded view of te real minority in the world.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 454

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Dude get over yourself. I know that you are under the impression that English speaking Americans are the most important, but there are a lot of other people in the world. You have a pretty narrow minded view of te real minority in the world.

    There are 6 billion+ of the earths human inhabitants, I think learning one another's language might well be a good thing, but don't necessarily believe that being forced to do so is altogether right. However, if we are going to continue to be this "melting pot" that we boast of then we are going to have to be tolerant of those who speak another language. Do I think the illegal immigration should be cracked down on? Yes. Do I think that those who come here legally should know a certain amount of English when they arrive? ...Absolutely. I, also, think it behooves us to remember that many of our descendants came from non-English speaking immigrants and to bare that in mind when formulating our views and opinions of those coming here in order to make a better live for themselves and their family. JMHO








    That is all.


  11. #50
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    There are 6 billion+ of the earths human inhabitants, I think learning one another's language might well be a good thing, but don't necessarily believe that being forced to do so is altogether right. However, if we are going to continue to be this "melting pot" that we boast of then we are going to have to be tolerant of those who speak another language. Do I think the illegal immigration should be cracked down on? Yes. Do I think that those who come here legally should know a certain amount of English when they arrive? ...Absolutely. I, also, think it behooves us to remember that many of our descendants came from non-English speaking immigrants and to bare that in mind when formulating our views and opinions of those coming here in order to make a better live for themselves and their family. JMHO








    That is all.

    Very well stated my friend!

    New ambassador to the world then?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •