Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Footbal In Spanish.. Will You Watch?

Default Footbal In Spanish.. Will You Watch?

To celebrate "Hispanic Heritage Month" The NFL is forcing their affiliates to play spanish language ads, have spanish language singers and refer to Football as "Futbol Americano"

The network doesn't seem to care that 100% of their audience speaks and understands english and instead is trying to push their own website www.nflatino.com without giving care to the rest of their audience.

I for one will quit watching football for the next month. What will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Very well stated my friend!

New ambassador to the world then?
    Thank you, and no I won't be accepting that position anytime soon; the US and world currencies simply do not have enough Arrowcash to meet my salary demands.

the illegal immigration and English topics are totally different. Please stop blending them..

I am tolerant of other languages and do not believe that 'English speakers' are the most important. Ney, I believe that since.. gee gosh our constitution and every other important documents was written in English and that since immigrants cross the world learn the language to emigrate here that we should all speak the same language.

I could care less about what other languages one speaks. I took French and Japanese in High School and am extremely tolerant of other tongues.

But let's not forget that NBC, ABC, CBS and ESPN are by virtue of their nature ENGLISH BROADCASTING NETWORKS just like Univision is a SPANISH BROADCASTING NETWORK.

Why should the spanish speakers get special attention over the other say 250,000,000 people in the country? Seems a bit stupid and racist to me.... no matter how you try to pass it off as 'diversity' or 'tolerance' it is in fact INTOLERANCE of all of the hundreds of other cultures that call this great nation home.

Dude - businesses cater to people with $. Are you going to write a letter to Coke next time there is a Coke add with some Spanish music? How about McDonalds? These are companies trying to make money. Not your government telling you how to live your life.

You know how you speak to them? Not with letters & petitions. You send the letters & stop buying the product.

Are you going to stop watching the NFL / buying shirts / going to games? Gonna organize a group to protest at a stadium and convince people to go home instead of going in? Gonna write a letter to NBC and express your frustration and then actually stop watching NBC? The answer to all of the above: NO. So it doesn't really bother you enough to really do something about it.

Let it go. It's just like the people who complain about how much athletes make, but still spend money following the sport. It makes no sense....
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

I wish this thread would go away.

But I guess it does vaguely have something to do with the Chiefs, since they show commercials during the game????
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    Dude - businesses cater to people with $. Are you going to write a letter to Coke next time there is a Coke add with some Spanish music? How about McDonalds? These are companies trying to make money. Not your government telling you how to live your life.

You know how you speak to them? Not with letters & petitions. You send the letters & stop buying the product.

Are you going to stop watching the NFL / buying shirts / going to games? Gonna organize a group to protest at a stadium and convince people to go home instead of going in? Gonna write a letter to NBC and express your frustration and then actually stop watching NBC? The answer to all of the above: NO. So it doesn't really bother you enough to really do something about it.

Let it go. It's just like the people who complain about how much athletes make, but still spend money following the sport. It makes no sense....
    Yup, like wiping before ya poop.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post

all of the above is done. I am no longer watching CBS, NBC, FOX or ESPN

all stations I watched religiously. I have also quit playing my fantasy football and request a refund for the league I had with the NFL.

Again you seem to be missing my point completely. And that's fine. If you want your future to be filled with spanish and your kids and grand kids being forced to learn it then you sit idly by and watch as the nation you love crumbles, however, I am a patriot and I will fight for what I believe is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post

all stations I watched religiously. I have also quit playing my fantasy football and request a refund for the league I had with the NFL.

Again you seem to be missing my point completely. And that's fine. If you want your future to be filled with spanish and your kids and grand kids being forced to learn it then you sit idly by and watch as the nation you love crumbles, however, I am a patriot and I will fight for what I believe is right.
    ...Can't afford cable huh?
    j/k

I see your point; just don't think it's quite as drastic as you're portraying it is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Can't afford cable huh?
    j/k

I see your point; just don't think it's quite as drastic as you're portraying it is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post

I have already made sure my son is enrolled in Spanish. So I guess I am forcing him to learn it, but he was already wanting to do it anyway.

How can you think that learning new things is bad?

I just don't get you dude, and your politics are all screwed up.

Quit already please.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I wish this thread would go away.

But I guess it does vaguely have something to do with the Chiefs, since they show commercials during the game????
    On this we agree completely...personally I think it has run its course, the arguments are becoming circular in nature and everyone has had their proper opportunity to vent their frustration/opinion. Let's let it ride off into the sunset.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    On this we agree completely...personally I think it has run its course, the arguments are becoming circular in nature and everyone has had their proper opportunity to vent their frustration/opinion. Let's let it ride off into the sunset.
    Done!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456