Thread: Some Players That Deserve Some Thanks.

Default Some Players That Deserve Some Thanks.

Under-The-Radar KC Chiefs Deserve Thanks

by Joel Thorman on Nov 26, 2010 9:34 AM CST in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season

Thanksgiving was yesterday which means this story should have been posted yesterday. Pounds of turkey got to me and I spent the afternoon (and evening) napping, so here's the story I was going to post yesterday.
    The Kansas City Chiefs have plenty of things to be thankful for including the role players on the team. There are a handful of unsung heroes on the Chiefs that don't get enough credit sometimes. On the Thanksgiving holiday, let's take a look at them. Here are four under-the-radar Chiefs that deserve our thanks this year.

C Casey Wiegmann: Offensive linemen never get their due but Wiegmann has been a pleasant surprise this year. Once a game, the broadcasters are good for a "That's why he's a crafty veteran" line regarding Wiegmann. He pushed the offensive line over the top this year.
    LB Jovan Belcher: The guy is a starter after coming out of Maine last year as an undrafted free agent. When that happens, you know you're busting your you-know-what. I like his effort.
    S Jon McGraw: He's quietly one of my favorite players because, while he's not the most physically gifted guy, he's filled an integral role on the team. I know for a fact guys on the team look up to him and he's consistently referred to as one of those veteran leaders. He's someone who makes a difference without you really knowing.
    NT Ron Edwards: "Draft a nose tackle!" Maybe at some point the Chiefs need to do that but Ron Edwards appeared to raise his game this year. We don't talk about nose tackle very much which means he's doing something right. He proved many of us wrong

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    NT Ron Edwards: "Draft a nose tackle!" Maybe at some point the Chiefs need to do that but Ron Edwards appeared to raise his game this year. We don't talk about nose tackle very much which means he's doing something right. He proved many of us wrong
    Uh, no. Check the other thread on this. The first week, he was great, but he has steadily dropped off since.

I love me some McGraw. While he may not have the physical tools to do it all anymore, he is always in the right position to make a play. Very smart football player. Casey and Edwards have been awsome as well. But unfortunately for Edwards, I think we have been asking way too much from him with our lack of depth. Hes been on the field way too much for us to ask him to be as effective as he was at the start of the season. NT must be on of our highest priorities in th offseason

Uh, I don't like Belcher really...just throwing that out there...seems to miss a bunch of tackles from what I see.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Uh, I don't like Belcher really...just throwing that out there...seems to miss a bunch of tackles from what I see.
    Second on the team behind DJ in tackles. I'd say our ILB are doing pretty good, and a hell of a lot better than last year.