Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm moving to KC now, prayers answered since Wednesday.

Hybrid View

Default I'm moving to KC now, prayers answered since Wednesday.

God first...thank you Father.

Much has transpired in my life since Wednesday of this week. Important life saving prayers have been answered. I'm moving to the Kansas City area as soon as closing is complete in December with having sold my house recently. As of today, I've begun looking & considering options for a place to move to.
    ♥ ┼

I have two potential buyers, both committed legally with signed offers. One has obtained financing & is someone I don't know, beyond showing him the house twice through realtors. The second offer is pending financing approval. The second is a bit higher & better for sentimental reasons...which I'll reveal once their financing is secured. Their offer will be accepted provided they obtain immediate financing, if not, the first offer becomes valid.

My attorney & I had a first court appearance Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving...taking my x husband to court charging him with multiple contempts violating court orders & state laws. We're also asking the judge to issue an order allowing me to sell the house at a price less than the unrealistic price my x insisted upon. According to our daughter, my x was raging when served the petition to appear in court. He's gotten away with so much for so long, & without any one standing up to him, he didn't think I would do it. He said even if I did ever take him to court, the courts wouldn't do anything to him, that they didn't care. I worried he might be right, but now know he was wrong.

Before court he made indimidating threats using our daughter. He made her call & tell me this or that threatening. His using our daughter as a tool is coming to an end also. She's been looking for a full time job, hopefully soon won't be working for her dad at his failing business, failing due to his own self destructive personality & lifestyle. She's down to only working for him a couple days a week. One threat was to tell me he hired an attorney & would prevent my completing the sale of the house. He said I'd lose & lose everything if I went to court. What he doesn't understand, is unlike himself, money & materialism mean little to me. My taking him to court wasn't about being vindictive, nor about money & materialism...it was about saving my very life. I had nothing to lose but my life if I didn't take him to court.

Wednesday was a difficult day, but God was beside me providing courage & strength. The judge "put the hammer down on my x husband", according to my attorney. I couldn't hear well what the judge said to my x and his atty, but the judge was upset with all he's done to harm me by voilating court orders & state laws. The judge ordered a continuence giving my x until December 7th to make the right decisions without facing his punishment for contempt & violation of state laws. My x had no evidence of innocence, there is none because all claims of contempt & violations against him were true & easily documented.

The judge told my x if he didn't agree to sign the contract to sell the house, that he would not only award me the sole right to sell the house, but also award me full equity, of which he told my 'x' he may end up doing on the 7th, regardless, due to all the contempts & violations of state law by my 'x'. He also told him he could give him jail time.

My x showed his arrogant & hostile personality at the courthouse when it was over & didn't go his way. I felt nothing towards him...no fear, no love, no anger, no hate...nothing. He became someone 4 yrs ago I've never known. It felt good to feel nothing, other than I feel sadness for his soul lost. I pray someday he'll find inner peace, though I doubt he will. Each of us is given a key to life...the same key opens the gates to heaven or gates to hell. My x opened the gates to hell, I fear his soul's lost forever.

He's scared after the judge "put the hammer down", he's been calling both of our kids since Wednesday night, asking them to talk to me and let me know, that he will agree to sell the house willingly for the price I've sold it for...and sign the contracts before returning to court on the 7th. We will still return to court on the 7th, to finalize all pending contempts & violations legally. I have good reason not to trust him.

To Chiefster, TS, and others struggling in various ways: I keep you in my prayers...keep the faith, prayers will be answered in Gods time, and only he knows why. I now understand why I've faced and endured many of the struggles I have...the reasons have been made clear, and no doubt God knew what was best. The path made crooked by mankinds freewill, has been under Gods construction the last 4 years...it's nearing completion now, once again a path made straight by Gods will. ♥ ┼

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Connie Jo~
    I think about you often, and always like hearing good news from you. You will continue to be in my prayers. I'm glad to see you've kept your faith through all of this. Keep your head up and your heart with God and everything will be fine.
    **ChiefsChick**

Thanks Brenda! No worry on keeping the Faith...I'm a master at it, hahaha. Faith is all one has, in the bigger scheme of things, that is. :)

Looking for a place to live is overwhelming, but I'll trust God to lead me to my new home, wherever it may be. It will be nice not having to drive so far everywhere. Heck, even a Walmart is a 65 mile round trip for me. Being closer to Arrowhead will be awesome too! :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Not that I'm complaining at all...just random thoughts...having to move during the holiday season is a bit of a bummer. Not sure I can be settled before Christmas in a new place, and my family always comes to my home for Christmas Day Dinner. It isn't feasible for my daughter to host family dinners, in fact, impossible. My son & his wife won't be in a position to host it this year either. I'm already missing my Christmas tree, but no point in putting it up here. It will make Christmas 2011 that much more special though. :)

and then we we come into town for the game...we can just shack up at your house. LOL!!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Be safe kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    God first...thank you Father.

Much has transpired in my life since Wednesday of this week. Important life saving prayers have been answered. I'm moving to the Kansas City area as soon as closing is complete in December with having sold my house recently. As of today, I've begun looking & considering options for a place to move to.
    ♥ ┼

I have two potential buyers, both committed legally with signed offers. One has obtained financing & is someone I don't know, beyond showing him the house twice through realtors. The second offer is pending financing approval. The second is a bit higher & better for sentimental reasons...which I'll reveal once their financing is secured. Their offer will be accepted provided they obtain immediate financing, if not, the first offer becomes valid.

My attorney & I had a first court appearance Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving...taking my x husband to court charging him with multiple contempts violating court orders & state laws. We're also asking the judge to issue an order allowing me to sell the house at a price less than the unrealistic price my x insisted upon. According to our daughter, my x was raging when served the petition to appear in court. He's gotten away with so much for so long, & without any one standing up to him, he didn't think I would do it. He said even if I did ever take him to court, the courts wouldn't do anything to him, that they didn't care. I worried he might be right, but now know he was wrong.

Before court he made indimidating threats using our daughter. He made her call & tell me this or that threatening. His using our daughter as a tool is coming to an end also. She's been looking for a full time job, hopefully soon won't be working for her dad at his failing business, failing due to his own self destructive personality & lifestyle. She's down to only working for him a couple days a week. One threat was to tell me he hired an attorney & would prevent my completing the sale of the house. He said I'd lose & lose everything if I went to court. What he doesn't understand, is unlike himself, money & materialism mean little to me. My taking him to court wasn't about being vindictive, nor about money & materialism...it was about saving my very life. I had nothing to lose but my life if I didn't take him to court.

Wednesday was a difficult day, but God was beside me providing courage & strength. The judge "put the hammer down on my x husband", according to my attorney. I couldn't hear well what the judge said to my x and his atty, but the judge was upset with all he's done to harm me by voilating court orders & state laws. The judge ordered a continuence giving my x until December 7th to make the right decisions without facing his punishment for contempt & violation of state laws. My x had no evidence of innocence, there is none because all claims of contempt & violations against him were true & easily documented.

The judge told my x if he didn't agree to sign the contract to sell the house, that he would not only award me the sole right to sell the house, but also award me full equity, of which he told my 'x' he may end up doing on the 7th, regardless, due to all the contempts & violations of state law by my 'x'. He also told him he could give him jail time.

My x showed his arrogant & hostile personality at the courthouse when it was over & didn't go his way. I felt nothing towards him...no fear, no love, no anger, no hate...nothing. He became someone 4 yrs ago I've never known. It felt good to feel nothing, other than I feel sadness for his soul lost. I pray someday he'll find inner peace, though I doubt he will. Each of us is given a key to life...the same key opens the gates to heaven or gates to hell. My x opened the gates to hell, I fear his soul's lost forever.

He's scared after the judge "put the hammer down", he's been calling both of our kids since Wednesday night, asking them to talk to me and let me know, that he will agree to sell the house willingly for the price I've sold it for...and sign the contracts before returning to court on the 7th. We will still return to court on the 7th, to finalize all pending contempts & violations legally. I have good reason not to trust him.

To Chiefster, TS, and others struggling in various ways: I keep you in my prayers...keep the faith, prayers will be answered in Gods time, and only he knows why. I now understand why I've faced and endured many of the struggles I have...the reasons have been made clear, and no doubt God knew what was best. The path made crooked by mankinds freewill, has been under Gods construction the last 4 years...it's nearing completion now, once again a path made straight by Gods will. ♥ ┼
    i started reading this but then im like OH GOD. too much to read.

To be honest, i didnt read anything Connie. But i love you too much to lie to you.

Im just going reply to the title of the thread.

congrats Connie, im happy for you.

Awsome! I'm happy for the sale of your home. Also things appear to be getting better for you!

God is Great!

Excellent news!!!

I am so glad that prayers have been answered!

Kansas City here you come!

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    and then we we come into town for the game...we can just shack up at your house. LOL!!!
    You sure can, and are more than welcome! I have a lengthy established reputation for treating my house quests and friends right! There will be plenty of good food and drink! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Be safe kiddo!
    Thanks! A safe & fairly quiet neighborhood is one of the 'must haves' on my home shopping list, haha. I know city life has changed a whole bunch since my childhood years growing up in a big city, but at least I'm fairly familiar with Kansas City. I even know where a couple of the local bar & grills are that Chiefs buddies hang out during away games, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    i started reading this but then im like OH GOD. too much to read.

To be honest, i didnt read anything Connie. But i love you too much to lie to you.

Im just going reply to the title of the thread.

congrats Connie, im happy for you.
    I know, haha...I have a tendency to explain in depth sometimes, haha. I think it's a habit that was born during my career years. Seemed if I left out any details to sub contractors & they made an error they would say, "well you didn't give me all the details!", hahaha

Thanks Beau! I love ya too!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Awsome! I'm happy for the sale of your home. Also things appear to be getting better for you!

God is Great!
    He is Great indeed!! ♥ ┼

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Excellent news!!!

I am so glad that prayers have been answered!

Kansas City here you come!
    Yep, and you, Justin, & Brian can stay at my place the next road trip to KC!! I'll make you a big pot of my homemade Chili, sourdough bread, and more! hahaha.

Your mom was telling me at Facebook she wished y'all were up here so you could be my realtor advisor, haha. I don't have a realtor in KC...figure I'll call the various realtors of places they have listed I want to look at, go from there.

The advantage I do have is my extensive career history in historic home renovation & construction. Heck, I'm fairly sure I know more about a homes bones & mechanical than the majority of home inspectors, city & county inspectors too, hahaha. I've come across some on site during my career years that were, well, let's just say not the brightest crayon in the box, haha.

I mapped out all the electrical & rough plumbing in this house, calculated wattage/amperage per breaker, engineered the roof framing for wind & snow loads, braced each rafter by myself, and so much more. Not much I don't know about older or newer home construction. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast