Thread: Just in case y'all missed this article relating to Haley not shaking hands...

Default Just in case y'all missed this article relating to Haley not shaking hands...

Coach posted a link in the news forum related to Haley not shaking McDaniels hand after the game. Some may have missed it, since I've read a couple asking 'why'? This article sums up 'why'...I think. I think it's clear with Haley stating it's not necessary for him to personally apologize to McDaniels, that he's upset, and likely will be indefinitely based upon his reasons.

A handshake isn't simply a gesture of good sportsmanship, it's a show of respect for the person you're shaking hands with. All considered, it may be wrong, but I can understand why Haley didn't want to respectively shake McDaniels hand at the time. He doesn't feel McDaniels deserved respect, it's not about the win or loss...it's about principle.

McDaniels behavior and choices were unethical and disrespectful by most coaching standards, not good sportsmanship. McDaniels drew first blood, though it may appear falsely on the surface Haley was the bad guy by not shaking hands. Shaking McDaniels hand at the time would've been like shaking hands with someone who kicked you in the gut while you laid on the ground after a bad fall.

Here's a copy/paste of an article explaining further:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs coach Todd Haley apologized Monday for refusing to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after Kansas City's blowout loss the day before.

Haley, who's generally done a good job this season of holding his temper in check, made a single comment to McDaniels as the Denver coach held out his hand after the Broncos' 49-29 victory in Denver. Haley pointed his finger at him, turned and stomped away without shaking. In his opening remarks to reporters on Monday, Haley offered his apology before he was asked about the incident which instantly became a hot topic around the league.

"It sounds like it's become a big deal and I do want to apologize for me not shaking Josh's hand after the game," he said. "I do believe in doing what's right and that was not right. Probably let the emotions of the situation get me too much. And I apologize. I apologize to the fans and to Denver and to Josh."

Haley declined to say what upset him. "I don't think that's necessary to get into it," he said. "I think it's very necessary that I let everybody know that I would do that over again at the end, and it wasn't the right thing to do." He said he had not contacted McDaniels to personally apologize. "I felt like, again, communicating to the majority, and anybody that was watching it, to let them know how I felt and I think that's what's important," he said.

Audio of the brief exchange between the two was provided to The Associated Press by WDAF-TV in Kansas City. McDaniels does not speak but Haley can clearly be heard saying as he pointed at the Denver coach and turned to walk away, "There's a lot of [expletive] being talked about you."

The incident inflamed Broncos fans and is certain to be front and center among Chiefs followers when the Broncos visit Arrowhead Stadium on Dec. 5. The Broncos roared to a 35-0 lead -- the biggest first-half deficit in Chiefs history. The loss knocked Kansas City into a first-place tie with Oakland in the AFC West.

In his meeting with reporters on Monday, McDaniels said he could not explain Haley's snub. "I'm not sure about that," he said. "I was proud of the way we played and I have a lot of respect for their entire organization. Obviously, I know a lot of people over there. So, I'm not really sure." He also said he was not upset. "It's part of the game. And we all make choices. So."

Aside from being upset about the worst loss the Chiefs (5-4) have absorbed all year, Haley could have been upset at the brutal hit Denver linebacker Joe Mays put on tight end Tony Moeaki during an onside kick in the final minutes. Moeaki had to be helped off the field. There was speculation that Haley was upset at the way the Broncos were laughing on their sideline, and that he felt Denver was trying to drive up the score.

Haley might also have been angry that the Broncos were still blitzing a gimpy Matt Cassel well into the fourth quarter.
    When the Chiefs routed the Broncos 44-24 on the same field in last year's regular-season finale, Haley pulled most of his starters in the final minutes and declined to give running back Jamaal Charles an opportunity to break Adrian Peterson's NFL rushing record. Charles was removed from the game needing just 37 yards to do it.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

McDaniels was the QB coach in New England during spygate, there's your conspiracy theory for the day!

People are watching you Josh!

All I know is when the Bronchoes come to Arrow head we need to pound them into irrevelancy ! Not that they are far from that already !

I'm not surprised the Bronco players intentionally tried to severely injure some of our Chiefs. They've been doing such for years, not only to the Chiefs, but other teams as well. It's been a part of their coaching philosophy for some time, which indicates to me the philosophy originates from the owner. He must hire only GM's and coaches willing to play that dirty, and recruit players willing to do the same.

This is one of the reasons I hate Denver more than the Raiders. Back in the 60's & 70's the Raiders were the dirty team, but that title over time has moved to the Bronco's.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Remember this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v34t024FC60"]YouTube - Spit In The Face[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    McDaniels was the QB coach in New England during spygate, there's your conspiracy theory for the day!
    or is it? Why did this guy (steve scarnecchia) feel comfortable enough to go to McDaniels in the first place? Why did McDaniels not report it? Hmmm....

He does make for a decidedly shifty opposing villain character. Excellent addition to the donkeys as he fits right into their collective mindset.

I'm sure spy gate 2 had something to do with it also