Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Cassel thread

Default Weekly Cassel thread

He played great today. Anyone saying otherwise is just nitpicking.

Thank you Matt Cassel for a great game.

Also got to give love to D bowe.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-28-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Yes, Bowe put a nice move on the defender and beat him by at least 10 yards.
    I, also, loved the way that Cassel is, seemingly, getting better at "feeling" the pressure. He let go of that pass a split second before the defender got to him, and I loved how mobile Cassel was today.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He has.

Anyway, at least you have some window that he could get in through. I have seen so many comments of how "this team can never , etc.... etc... etc..., with Matt Cassel here.", or "Cassel will never...Etc...".

Those are the one's that really bug me, and they are the reason I am so loud in Cassel's defense.
    I agree. Even if Cassel plays terribly, I hate hearing people say things like "he stole the Chiefs money", etc. I don't think there is any doubt this guy has worked his tail off to be the best he can be. After that, the chips have to just fall where they fall. If the guy were a Jamarcus Russel type, then I'd be all on board, but I think you have to give him the respect he is due for being a competitor and giving it his all.

It shouldn't have taken these result to earn that IMO.

For what its worth, Cassel is now on a pace for 32 TD passes...correct me if I am wrong, but I do think that would be a team record, wouldn't it?

One of my favorite plays was when he ran down the field to block. Sure can't question his heart. I don't know if I want to see that too often though. We need him healthy.
    The Chiefs are Back!

I agree with Iratefan's assessment that this is a "new" Cassel. Stats don't tell the whole story, not one bit. Look at Kyle Orton, Tony Romo, Fitzpatrick, Carson Palmer, etc's gaudy numbers but ultimately are putting up garbage time stats and altho look good on paper is an indication that their play when the game is in the balance is sub par.

Cassell on the other hand, despite the numbers being similar to all of his previous weeks TODAY looked better than he has all season. This has not been on par with the rest of the season thus far. He has been a game manager, a dont turn it over and check it down and punt, quarterback. Today? He was a bona fide playmaker! Audibles, reading defenses, hot route slants at the LOS, feeling pressure and moving slightly with his feet to avoid it, taking off and running almost immedietely when he sees that his recievers are covered. These are all things that cannot be measured by stats. He played like a true leader and playmaker for this team!

Need any more evidence? I dont look at stats or anything like that. Its meaningless to me, I just watch the games and base opinions based on what I see. And I dont know what their third down percentage was going into this game but having watched every snap of this NFL season I have never seen him be sooo effective converting first downs like he was today.

Watching the rest of the Chiefs games, everytime it was 3rd down I was already trying to calculate Colquitt's punt yardage to see where the other team would get the ball. Today it wasn't like that whatsoever! And he set the tone right off the bat, by coming out slinging it all over the field (Mainly to Bowe obv) but he came out with a much better mentality. As opposed to the "aww chucks lets rely on our run game on first and second down and not turn the ball over on third" mentality that he's had all throughout this season.

Another thing I noticed in THIS game specifically, is his looking downfield FIRST and pushing the ball up the field more. By throwing it longer than 15 yards. In the rest of the games you can tell that he gets rid of the ball so quick and its either a dump off to the RB's or a short pass to Moeki or a reciever running a short out pattern. Not even thinking about going down the field with his throws. This game was much much different and you can tell its because he is growing with confidence, not just in himself but also in Bowe due to his performances as of late.

Overall, he is heading in the right direction and have a ton of respect for Belichick, Haley and company;They saw something in this kid to give him a chance and who are we to argue with them?? He is not gonna be a guy that can go to any team and light it up, but we dont need that. Brady isnt that type of guy either, system quarterbacks only need to do well in the system that they run. And if Cassell can have a third of the success that Brady has had then im on team-Cassell. I have been since we picked him up and am very excited as to our future with him at the helm.

I think his best pass was the one where he was rushed, ran out to his left and just before he got hit fired a dart to copper who fell backwards for the first down. it showed that he was learning and maturing. last year he would have taken the sack or thrown it away, but he found copper quickly and delivered a strike w/out hesitation. to me that one play showed he has become a good QB

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I think his best pass was the one where he was rushed, ran out to his left and just before he got hit fired a dart to copper who fell backwards for the first down. it showed that he was learning and maturing. last year he would have taken the sack or thrown it away, but he found copper quickly and delivered a strike w/out hesitation. to me that one play showed he has become a good QB
    +1

I wanna see Cassel use his mobilty more often & make plays -- like Rich Gannon used to do. That type of QB drives defenses insane & is the type of QB that wins championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    "bandwagon" yup all these nay sayers are come on board now.......if cassel has a bad game they will be right back off....I guarantee that!!
    People like you, make it hard for people to support Matt Cassel. People have been skeptical about the guy, he played awful last year. This year he started rough but has played very good recently. I'm on board with him now and this game showed me that he is evolving he's did things I didn't think he could do. I'm glad he is playing well, and I like many others questioned him I was wrong in not thinking he could get better but I was not wrong in questioning someone who had not proven himself and the fact that you act like a jerk and try to rub it in peoples faces makes then just wanna keep on not liking Cassel. Many people on here hated on Bowe and I have always believed in him, now the haters are less but that doesn't give me a right to dump on other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    People like you, make it hard for people to support Matt Cassel. People have been skeptical about the guy, he played awful last year. This year he started rough but has played very good recently. I'm on board with him now and this game showed me that he is evolving he's did things I didn't think he could do. I'm glad he is playing well, and I like many others questioned him I was wrong in not thinking he could get better but I was not wrong in questioning someone who had not proven himself and the fact that you act like a jerk and try to rub it in peoples faces makes then just wanna keep on not liking Cassel. Many people on here hated on Bowe and I have always believed in him, now the haters are less but that doesn't give me a right to dump on other fans.
    Wow! I. didn't think that I had a great impact on people choosing on who to like or not. that is pretty funny! read what you put (on BOLD) dose'nt sound really childish? I am just saying that i am tired of people raging on Cassel who is doing his part and putting up numbers. over 2000 yards passing 22td and 4 int. i just cant believe how people HAVE been on his case. Now, if you go back to the beginning of this tread, you will see i was replying on a post that said they were jumping on the bandwagon. I am surprise that I can actually make a person dislike another by defending the guy.lol
    Last edited by Boxermm187; 11-29-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    Wow! I. didn't think that I had a great impact on people choosing on who to like or not. that is pretty funny! read what you put (on BOLD) dose'nt sound really childish? I am just saying that i am tired of people raging on Cassel who is doing his part and putting up numbers. over 2000 yards passing 22td and 4 int. i just cant believe how people HAVE been on his case. Now, if you go back to the beginning of this tread, you will see i was replying on a post that said they were jumping on the bandwagon. I am surprise that I can actually make a person dislike another by defending the guy.lol
    I don't think you opinon means anything but attacking people for admitting they were wrong is pretty low, what more do you want out of someone, act like a man not a boy. It's not easy change your mind and own up to being wrong especially when you have **** heads rubbing it in your face.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-30-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Fact is, many of us had legit concerns regarding Cassel, and rightfully so. Problem was the beating he took last year made a zombie out of him & he may only now be just recovering from it. And just because someone admits that they had the wrong judgement regarding Cassel does not make them a bandwagon jumper -- it means just that -- that they are admitting to an error in judgement.

And don't anybody call me a bandwagon jumper, because I was NOT one of the people who booed him at SF game like I heard so many people do when Cassel misfired on a couple of throws.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast