Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Cassel thread

Default Weekly Cassel thread

He played great today. Anyone saying otherwise is just nitpicking.

Thank you Matt Cassel for a great game.

Also got to give love to D bowe.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-28-2010 at 10:11 PM.

I still stand behind my statements. This was a make or break season for some players. So far, they are making. I am very happy with there progress.
    As a long time Chief fan, that has endured over the years, QB's that not reached what we needed. Some that could, from my perspective, but was given up by the management. Trent Green is a QB that DV brought in, and I thought why, last game I had seen him play in, we the Chiefs buried him, so I had low expectations about him, look how he preformed for us. Yes I am a Cassel critic, but if he turns into the next Trent Green, I will be thrilled! He will have proven himself. I do not think that my expectations of his performance this season, is wrong, I said it was make or break. He is making so far.

Agreed tornado! People here were holding Matt Cassell to an absurdly high standard. I only recently joined the board but Ive been lurking for a long time. And the comments about Cassell were just filled with negativity and unrealistic expectations. Really??? Why are we trying to compare him to Payton Manning, Tom Brady, etc? We are Chiefs fans! We should be comparing him to Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
    Agreed tornado! People here were holding Matt Cassell to an absurdly high standard. I only recently joined the board but Ive been lurking for a long time. And the comments about Cassell were just filled with negativity and unrealistic expectations. Really??? Why are we trying to compare him to Payton Manning, Tom Brady, etc? We are Chiefs fans! We should be comparing him to Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, etc.
    ...Rich Gannon, Joe Montana, Len Dawson???

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    People have been skeptical about the guy, he played awful last year.
    For me, I think this the reason why I have been so quick to defend Cassel.

In my mind, Cassel has improved over last season, but it isn't like he is suddenly a completely different player. I think everyone is playing better and the effect is that Cassel is looking better, too. So to stay he played "awful" last season is an overstatement. Did he make mistakes, miss throws, etc. Yes, but every QB does and he could always improve (which he has) no sure how this makes his play "awful".

I have not really reacted to the criticism of Cassel but the over-reactions. People saying things like"he stole the Chiefs money" or "He is a far less than average QB" or "He will never be any good". OK, in 2009 he had some accuracy problems and missed some open receivers, but he also had swiss cheese for pass protection, an new offense thrust on him right before the start of the season and like 50 passes dropped. It wasn't all Cassel.

I recently joined this board after posting and actually writing for another board for like 5 years. The reason why I left the other board was that members were literally wishing Cassel dead for the good of the team. To me, that is way too much, afterall, football is just a game and Cassel is someone's child and husband.

On thing I will say that I have enjoyed here is that what is being called a "Cassel hater" would have been a reasonable dissenter on the board I came from and I do rep anyone who is reasonable enough to see the improvement in Cassel and go back on things they have said!

I guess I have to say sorry if i offended anybody. I just got really tired of people (in general) on this board that would rag on Cassel.....even when he had a good game. I would never say anything before, but it does seem that every time he does good and then has a off game to follow, he is attacked. He is the Chiefs QB for time to come, so I knew he was not going to be (in the beginning) the way he has been now. I guess I just got tired of it. For some positive notes, Cassel got me on first place on my fantasy league.

BTW, I thought everybody was entitled to a opinion......and not being called a jerk or dick heads......come on bro practice what you preach. I did not insulted anyone directly, yet alone call them name....now who is a boy...enough said, lets drop it.
    Last edited by Boxermm187; 11-30-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
    agree with you TOTALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    For me, I think this the reason why I have been so quick to defend Cassel.

In my mind, Cassel has improved over last season, but it isn't like he is suddenly a completely different player. I think everyone is playing better and the effect is that Cassel is looking better, too. So to stay he played "awful" last season is an overstatement. Did he make mistakes, miss throws, etc. Yes, but every QB does and he could always improve (which he has) no sure how this makes his play "awful".

I have not really reacted to the criticism of Cassel but the over-reactions. People saying things like"he stole the Chiefs money" or "He is a far less than average QB" or "He will never be any good". OK, in 2009 he had some accuracy problems and missed some open receivers, but he also had swiss cheese for pass protection, an new offense thrust on him right before the start of the season and like 50 passes dropped. It wasn't all Cassel.

I recently joined this board after posting and actually writing for another board for like 5 years. The reason why I left the other board was that members were literally wishing Cassel dead for the good of the team. To me, that is way too much, afterall, football is just a game and Cassel is someone's child and husband.

On thing I will say that I have enjoyed here is that what is being called a "Cassel hater" would have been a reasonable dissenter on the board I came from and I do rep anyone who is reasonable enough to see the improvement in Cassel and go back on things they have said!
    Right on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Rich Gannon, Joe Montana, Len Dawson???
    I don't know that Gannon deserves to be lumped in with Montana and Dawson....

BTW - if we are waiting for the next Joe Montana, we may be waiting a long time. Greatest players in the history of the game (let alone greatest QB's) come along rarely (let me say, too that I know that this isn't the point you are making at all, I'm just saying...)

Doubt I'll see another player as great as Montana on any team, at any time in the rest of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    I guess I have to say sorry if i offended anybody. I just got really tired of people (in general) on this board that would rag on Cassel.....even when he had a good game. I would never say anything before, but it does seem that every time he does good and then has a off game to follow, he is attacked. He is the Chiefs QB for time to come, so I knew he was not going to be (in the beginning) the way he has been now. I guess I just got tired of it. For some positive notes, Cassel got me on first place on my fantasy league.

BTW, I thought everybody was entitled to a opinion......and not being called a jerk or dick heads......come on bro practice what you preach. I did not insulted anyone directly, yet alone call them name....now who is a boy...enough said, lets drop it.
    It's all good I know your a passionate fan, but just because someone leaves their neck out doesn't mean you need to go for the jugular. I didn't call you dick or a jerk, I was reffering to your actions. You don't seem to be a bad guy and I understand being sensitive about Cassel, but people are getting the message that he is becoming a good qb you won, no need to be insulting. We know we were wrong, we don't need our hands smacked after we admitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I don't know that Gannon deserves to be lumped in with Montana and Dawson....

BTW - if we are waiting for the next Joe Montana, we may be waiting a long time. Greatest players in the history of the game (let alone greatest QB's) come along rarely (let me say, too that I know that this isn't the point you are making at all, I'm just saying...)

Doubt I'll see another player as great as Montana on any team, at any time in the rest of my life!
    Nobody expects Cassel to be Montana but it also doesn't mean he only has to be a little better then Croyle, but alas Cassel is looking damn good so no worries on my part.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast