Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Cassel is looking like the QBOTF

Default Matt Cassel is looking like the QBOTF

I will admit I have dumped a ton of doo-doo on poor Matty, and in the past it was warranted well at least I thought. He just didn't look like a good qb, he was not reading defenses, he wasn't scanning the field, he was taking too many sacks from holding the ball too long, and he was throwing away balls when he had an open receiver. This does not seem to be the case anymore, for the last several weeks the man has been on fire, today was the cherry he was scanning finding open guys, and tucking and running looking like stud. He looked like a younger bigger version of steve young, and when he ran out and blocked for Charles I couldn't help but applaud the man. I will admit it I was wrong, and I'm glad.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-28-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My highlight was seeing him escape a blitz and roll out to his left, throw against his body and land a perfect strike in Jamaal Charles' hands for a 3rd down conversion right along the sideline late in the game. That play was incredible.

I also liked the play that play you mention. It is plays like that blocking play that make me love Matt Cassel. This guy is a fighter and a winner. He proved he was tough last year. Now he is proving that is a leader and a winner.
    I thought that play was to Bowe......
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I thought that play was to Bowe......
    Yep! It was.

I want to point out, that while many are starting to get on board. There are still the negative nannies out there. One of them sits behind me at Arrowhead. He has been silenced the last couple weeks and I love it. Cassel will have a bad game. He is human and is not perfect. So before those negative nannies make the Cassel sucks thread after that game. Just shut up now.. We get it.. You won't give him a shot regardless of him doing everything a Chief fans dreams off.

I also criticized Cassell for his poor decisions and inconsistency. Now, I am a huge fan, he has played like a Pro Bowler the past 7 weeks, he has made excellent decisions, and is putting the ball on the money for the most part! He is now a Top 5 QB as far as stats, he has made us so much better! Right now, the way he is playing he is the QB of the future for us! Him and Bowe have amazing chemistry and they are tearing D's apart! It is great to be a Chiefs fan right now! Cassell is a top 5 QB, Charles is Top 3 RB, Bowe is top 5 WR! We are playing some good ball and it all stars with Cassell and his decision making! I am a Cassell Fan!

I just listened to Rich Gannon talk about Cassel's development on Sirius 124 (he also did the color commentary for the Seahawks game). Sounds like he's pretty impressed. He talked some about how he attended some practices last year. Things would go wrong and it'd be Haley yelling at everyone. I guess Gannon talked to Cassel about taking control of his team and holding people accountable, a characteristic great QBs like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady share.

All in all, it was a good insight into how Matt's developed off the field as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    I also criticized Cassell for his poor decisions and inconsistency. Now, I am a huge fan, he has played like a Pro Bowler the past 7 weeks, he has made excellent decisions, and is putting the ball on the money for the most part! He is now a Top 5 QB as far as stats, he has made us so much better! Right now, the way he is playing he is the QB of the future for us! Him and Bowe have amazing chemistry and they are tearing D's apart! It is great to be a Chiefs fan right now! Cassell is a top 5 QB, Charles is Top 3 RB, Bowe is top 5 WR! We are playing some good ball and it all stars with Cassell and his decision making! I am a Cassell Fan!
    What is even better is that 4 of those weeks we were still without one of our weapons in Dexter Mccluster. Bowes numbers might drop a tad when he gets back But I don't think Cassels will.

Cassel will proabley have a game or two in witch he might struggle a bit this season. But he has EARNED the right to keep his job throughout this season. It won't have anything to do with how much money we are paying him or anything eles. He EARNED the job. I can't wait to see how much better he can be givein anther off season to work with Charlie Weis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123